[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

I have troubles with Super25 I totally can't get nose up so I start to lose pices during reentry... I've installed the .cfg file for Deadly Reentry posted and it seems work right. Maybe my problem is related with NEAR?

No problems with KSO Standard. Safe landings for now and no cdt.

@FREEMANtsinq: I've checked Super 25 nose but there is no power generator in the description. Only battery and monopropellant.

@stardestroyer: Super 25 nosecone in the VAB shows generator as the first item in the list on my install - "ElectricCharge: 51.6/s", along with RCS, SAS and Reaction Wheel info blocks... doesn't display in flight though.

Here is what the super 25's nose's config file has:

RESOURCE

{

name = ElectricCharge

amount = 350

maxAmount = 350

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleGenerator

isAlwaysActive = true

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = ElectricCharge

rate = 0.86

}

}

RESOURCE

{

name = MonoPropellant

amount = 250

maxAmount = 250

}

And, here is KSOS-12: Nuuukes Innnn Spaaaace!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Link to the album

Thanks for the craft files, Avalon! :)

Edited by Angel-125

@stardestroyer: Super 25 nosecone in the VAB shows generator as the first item in the list on my install - "ElectricCharge: 51.6/s", along with RCS, SAS and Reaction Wheel info blocks... doesn't display in flight though.

I've to reinstall, because in VAB I only see RCS and SAS info but not ElectricCharge...

Edited by stardestroyer

Here is what the super 25's nose's config file has:

RESOURCE

{

name = ElectricCharge

amount = 350

maxAmount = 350

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleGenerator

isAlwaysActive = true

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = ElectricCharge

rate = 0.86

}

}

RESOURCE

{

name = MonoPropellant

amount = 250

maxAmount = 250

}

And, here is KSOS-12: Nuuukes Innnn Spaaaace!

http://imgur.com/a/wSo8y

Thanks for the craft files, Avalon! :)

No problem. Glad youre enjoying them. I do hope they have all the struts and stuff attached... its been a while since I made those files... (theyre from around the time the EWBCL was released), and Ive since replaced the struts on my crafts with Quantum Struts. But it should get you to a 100kmx100km orbit with ~1000lbs of fuel still in the EFT.

Update

KSOS has been updated for 0.25 compatibility.

As usual back up saves and any important files or changes before updating. I'm still testing this newest version.

Clean ups

Freeman is undergoing a variety of file clean ups. This includes RPM directories as well as Firespitter dependence.

Update

As usual back up saves and any important files or changes before updating. I'm still testing this newest version.

Clean ups

Freeman is undergoing a variety of file clean ups. This includes RPM directories as well as Firespitter dependence.

You should check plugins version. Seems that there is an old version of Firesplitter. I've used the installer.

Edited by stardestroyer

Firespitter proper hasn't been recompiled for 0.25 yet by Snjo. He has a hot fix: Firespitter for 0.25 which should get rid of the warning.

The CoolRockets config could need some maintenance.

Has someone fixed the KSO CoolRockets effects already?

If not: kso_coolrockets.cfg (right click and save as to download)

Place it in "GameData\KSO\FX\".

Update

Clean ups

You should check plugins version. Seems that there is an old version of Firesplitter. I've used the installer.
Firespitter proper hasn't been recompiled for 0.25 yet by Snjo. He has a hot fix: Firespitter for 0.25 which should get rid of the warning.

Firespitter will be updated when the official plugin is updated. This is more a hotfix for those migrating to 0.25 to ease installation since there were quite a few bug fixes.

The CoolRockets config could need some maintenance.

That is planned for a future update.

I would love to use this mod purely for the ground vehicles.

However, I've tried installing this on 3 fresh installs so far, and everytime, as soon as I launch a ground vehicle on the runway or even the launchpad, the tires of the car clip into the ground. This means the vehicle cannot move.

Any solutions to this?

I would love to use this mod purely for the ground vehicles.

However, I've tried installing this on 3 fresh installs so far, and everytime, as soon as I launch a ground vehicle on the runway or even the launchpad, the tires of the car clip into the ground. This means the vehicle cannot move.

Any solutions to this?

You built it wrong. Either use the provided craft files, or make sure that the wheel markers are pointing down towards the ground.

I've just make a clean KSP install and KSO All packs manual install without any other mod (only Raster Prop Monitor ATM and Firesplitter hotfix) and I get cdt on loading screen everytime.

Now I try single packs

Seems that the service vehicles and rover pack is the guilty

Edited by stardestroyer

Clean ups

Are you guys able to switch away from TGA until the issues with it are fixed? (especially since 0.25 makes things worse with the random non-loading texture bug)

Are you guys able to switch away from TGA until the issues with it are fixed? (especially since 0.25 makes things worse with the random non-loading texture bug)

Not sure what you mean by that. We don't have a tool to assign different textures to the 3D models and there's a whole bunch of other problems.

And I didn't know there was such a bug in .25

Not sure what you mean by that. We don't have a tool to assign different textures to the 3D models and there's a whole bunch of other problems.

The only issue I've had with the KSO so far is that the EFT and SRBs for the 1.8m have their textures broken (They are pure white).

I'm not sure what you mean by that. You don't need a tool to assign different textures, you just need a tool to change the texture format. Internally, the texture extension doesn't matter when the model is loaded, assuming the extension matches the file format.

KSP 0.25 fails to load .tga files, sometimes... somehow, so some parts that use .tga textures may appear pure white.

Well, in 0.24.x it was discovered that TGAs loaded into memory twice (unless you used ATM, which fixed that issue). As far as I know that issue is still there for stock users. And then there's the 0.25 random non-loading issue.

For those of you with white KSOS parts: are you using TextureReplacer and/or ATM?

I believe ATM is using the recently released DDSloader plugin and so the two may not be playing nice together currently.

I am using ATM x86 32bit ksp KSO25 and SS parts and I don't have any problems. of course I updated Firespitter and JSI via the new b9 update. And all seems OK.

Edit: I also replaced klockeed martian and the others that are also included with b9.

Edited by Woodstar