[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Great mod and an awesome set of parts! I have been able to run it before, but I cannot get the latest version to run. When first starting, the game gets stuck loading "kmwhelirotortailkso" I am running Winx64 and KSPx64. I know it is a bit buggy at times, but I am one of the few (I guess) that can run it without issue most of the time. I got the pack to load in KSPx64once before by deleting all the helicopter parts so I know it's not the 64 bit client. Any thoughts?

EDIT: To be clear, it gets stuck towards the end at the Module Manager part of loading.

Edited by akron

I just tested it again. Removing the helicopter (And only the helicopter) parts lets the game load fine. I have no other issues in-game. I'm pretty sure it's not a RAM crash. I cannot try this on 32-bit currently. 32-bit will not load on my computer no matter what combination of OpenGL or ATM or other tricks. I can only run 32-bit without any part mods. Adding any part mods causes instability if it even works.

Are there any dependencies that the helicopter rotor part relies on? That could be it.

[Cross-post] New version of Multipurpose Colony Modules 0.1.3 is up!

Release Notes:

0.1.3: Introduced The Foot, an asteroid grabber designed to attach to the bottom of the MBU. Fixed an issue preventing the science lab from cleaning lab experiments and processing lab data. Added SpareParts resources to modules.

Get the latest here.

On a personal note, I am gainfully employed once again! After about a year, I have work. :) No, that doesn't mean I'm abandoning my mods. In fact, coming up: rover assemblies for the MBU! land your MCM/MBU, pull out the rover assemblies, attach them to the MBU, and then drive to your colony site.

I just tested it again. Removing the helicopter (And only the helicopter) parts lets the game load fine. I have no other issues in-game. I'm pretty sure it's not a RAM crash. I cannot try this on 32-bit currently. 32-bit will not load on my computer no matter what combination of OpenGL or ATM or other tricks. I can only run 32-bit without any part mods. Adding any part mods causes instability if it even works.

Are there any dependencies that the helicopter rotor part relies on? That could be it.

If you cant run a 32 bit version stock then you have some serious problems other than KSP. If you could let us know what OS your using and how much ram you have and what your video card ram is we may be able to assist further also how many mods you have. Running in Opengl mode with ATM saves me over a gig of ram usage and I am running alot of mods and plugins if it was me I would create a 32 bit install add the opengl switch load the ATM mod and fire it up and go from there.

Edited by Virtualgenius

If you cant run a 32 bit version stock then you have some serious problems other than KSP. If you could let us know what OS your using and how much ram you have and what your video card ram is we may be able to assist further

No, he said he can only run 32 bit stock, which is still odd, because he should still be able to have some mods there. Do you have firespitter installed? I'm pretty sure you need that DLL for the rotors, not to mention a ton of other stuff in the pack.

make sure you have a Resource (Firespitter.cfg FSCoolant) i believe it is present in Firespitter directory i think that the Heli requires it

Hi, I just reinstalled KSO for 0.25, and the RCS seems to be acting strange in docking mode. Left, Right, Up and Down work fine, but Forwards causes the front left and back right pods to fire, spinning me anticlockwise, while Backwards gets the same result, only with the front pods firing backwards as well. There's empty mono tanks on the floor of the cargo bay, but I don't think they'd affect the COM too much empty, so I really don't know why this is happening. Anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?

No, he said he can only run 32 bit stock, which is still odd, because he should still be able to have some mods there. Do you have firespitter installed? I'm pretty sure you need that DLL for the rotors, not to mention a ton of other stuff in the pack.

I can run KSPx86 fine stock and with quite a few plugin mods. I cannot run 32-bit with any major part mods like KW, KSOS, etc. It forces me to have to use ATM and ATM does not run on my system. It crashes for some reason (It hasn't worked since the 0.25 update, but it used to -separate issue). I can run KSPx64 all day long with a whole lot of part mods, without ATM or any game tweaks. I do have the latest Firespitter up and running, the game will flat out not load the main helicopter parts. It loads the spotlight, the landing skids, and I think the tail fuselage. The game won't crash so I don't have a crash log, it just sits there loading forever. Anyway, deleting the heli allows me to load KSOS fine. It's really not a big deal, I'm rubbish flying helicopters anyway. It's just driving me bonkers that I can't figure out the cause.

make sure you have a Resource (Firespitter.cfg FSCoolant) i believe it is present in Firespitter directory i think that the Heli requires it

I'll double check, thanks

Somebody can help me, everytime I try to make a car the wheels fall trought the runway and I can't drive. Am I building it wrong?

You have to rotate the wheels so that the little star faces down on all of them. Alternatively, you can build your vehicles in the VAB and launch from the pad. Just make sure you rotate the chassis before attaching the wheels

You have to rotate the wheels so that the little star faces down on all of them. Alternatively, you can build your vehicles in the VAB and launch from the pad. Just make sure you rotate the chassis before attaching the wheels

On the Star on the Wheels, Where are they located I looked but I couldn't see them?

Thanks,

On the Star on the Wheels, Where are they located I looked but I couldn't see them?

Thanks,

I'm thinking it's the hub cap. It's more like a pentagon, really. There a darker spot on one of the five tips that faces down. At least that's what works for me. To be honest, it's much easier for me to build from the VAB. Once the chassis is parallel to the ground you don't have to worry about the wheels. It's easier to rotate the whole vehicle than finding which way wheels face.

No, don't feel sad! Have you tried using OpenGL? With that option, my KSP install happily runs a 1.87 GB GameData folder with under 2.5 GB of memory. (I've also added the "-popupwindow" option to my shortcut to make fullscreen work properly, and OpenGL does seem to require more processing power, so do some testing before declaring victory.)

(Admittedly, I haven't used this particular mod because it doesn't play nice with DeadlyReentry or FAR, so it may have too much memory even for OpenGL, but it might help you.)

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

O.O W-W-WAIT WHAT!?!?!?!

What sorcery is this? I just added a line of code and all of a sudden all behave like it should? is this a dream?

My game used to run with 2,9 Gb ram and now i add a word and my game run at 1.7?!?!?!?

I... i don't know what to say... adding this mod is now possible! (at the cost of 3.0GB of ram and around 10 min to load the game, but who cares? i can now play with the stuff that i want, and make my kerbal experience complete)

Thanks sooooooo much for the advice Kerbas_ad_astram! really, u have my gratitude.

P.S. my GameData folder is 2.75GB... i think i overkilled u on that :P...

O.O W-W-WAIT WHAT!?!?!?!

What sorcery is this? I just added a line of code and all of a sudden all behave like it should? is this a dream?

My game used to run with 2,9 Gb ram and now i add a word and my game run at 1.7?!?!?!?

I... i don't know what to say... adding this mod is now possible! (at the cost of 3.0GB of ram and around 10 min to load the game, but who cares? i can now play with the stuff that i want, and make my kerbal experience complete)

Thanks sooooooo much for the advice Kerbas_ad_astram! really, u have my gratitude.

P.S. my GameData folder is 2.75GB... i think i overkilled u on that :P...

A kraken did it.