[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

New part for the shuttle! There's a new version of Multipurpose Colony Modules available:

Me4jXlf.png

0.2.5: Fixed a template issue preventing the Equipment storage template from working. Fixed a problem that prevented the Inflatable Multipurpose Warehouse (IMW)

from remembering if it was inflated or deflated. Fixed a problem with the IMW that prevented it from remembering its max storage amounts when the scene loads.

Fixed an issue where the MCM would not know what templates it had after loading into a scene. Added Rocket Workshop MCM template and RocketParts MBU/IMW

templates. Added Skydock 250 part.

As always, the latest version is available on the front page, but you can also download it here.

I've found a compatibility bug with Remote Tech 2. If I use the KSO Mechjeb case for a craft with Remote Tech 2 mod installed it erease some Remote Tech 2 functions.

You should have a normal green connection but it gives a local control even if the craft (probe in my case) is unmanned. I hope it can be useful.

This is a DRE cfg patch for the smaller KSO shuttle. Just drop it in anywhere in the GameData folder (preferably a tweaks folder that you maintain for Module Manager patches). It has been tested for stock sized Kerbin and should work with Real Solar System as well. (reentry speeds are faster)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcz95jl7jp450h5/dre_KSO.SW.cfg?dl=1

This one is for the KSO25. It's not a proper patch and you need to replace the existing KSO25 config file. (If I remember correctly it's in the GameData/KSO/FX folder....)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4j4r99yb1bjp8wz/kso25_dre.cfg?dl=1

The KSO25 configs are carefully crafted to apply different settings depending on if you play stock Kerbin or Real Solar System. If you use it with Real Solar System, the reflection ratings are increased substantially and a special massless resource is introduced that represents the heat shield tile's capacity to soak up heat. (when HeatCapacity in a part is depleted it can overheat)

So I tried this config and it didnt work :( using FAR, any ideas?

Are you using the Super 25 or the original 1.8 orbiter? I had to tweak the Super 25's DRE config to survive re-entry. Also, you might try performing a shallow de-orbit to ease the stress. I forget the name of it but there is a mod that predicts trajectories, and that might be helpful to getting down in one piece; just plot a shallow de-orbit that ends up at KSC.

Are you using the Super 25 or the original 1.8 orbiter? I had to tweak the Super 25's DRE config to survive re-entry. Also, you might try performing a shallow de-orbit to ease the stress. I forget the name of it but there is a mod that predicts trajectories, and that might be helpful to getting down in one piece; just plot a shallow de-orbit that ends up at KSC.

Yeah tried all that, its simply that the thing was built without DRE in mind, its the super 25 I have ONLY, I have added station parts and thats it, to try and keep part counts down, how did you tweak it to enable landing gear and rudders to survive ? - I used that star chaser patch for the rest which works but that doesnt consider the landing gear or rudder.

I tried to add them by copy and pasting the code in star chaser mod, and obviously changing the @part to the landing and rudders, but it had no effect, any pointers on how to edit it or someone upload a config that works would be amazing :)

What I did is found the max temperature for the rudders and landing gear in the dre file, and set them to 2500. Then when I reenter the atmosphere, I hold an attitude of 10-15 degrees to use the shuttle body to shield the rudders. That works well for.me.

What I did is found the max temperature for the rudders and landing gear in the dre file, and set them to 2500. Then when I reenter the atmosphere, I hold an attitude of 10-15 degrees to use the shuttle body to shield the rudders. That works well for.me.

I just tried that, its doing NOTHING, what exactly did you edit ? I did the DRE file :'( UGGH which one ? lol

Ok, in that case I have a few more:

KSOS-24

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Link to album

Mission to Minmus

Link to album

KSOS-25

Link to album

And here is Mission 26- er KSOS-26. Freedom delivers BioLab into orbit, and KSC continues to maneuver their new pet asteroid.

Link to album

Hrm, currently crashing KSP when it starts.

Ahh well. Looks like we finally hit that texture limit :(

Firespitter broke in 0.90, so KSOS definitely broken. Once all the mods this relies on gets updated, I'll try and update the downloads.

Edited by helldiver

Yeah. Don't expect a working mod environment a day after an update until they implement a proper plugin/modding api that doesn't break with every update.

EDIT: on the plus side, it looks like snjo might update firespitter this time.

RoverDude made a "SUPER HACKY FIX" for Firespitter that "MAY OR MAY NOT EAT CHILDERN". I'm still at work, but I can test it when I get home in an hour or so.

Yeah. Don't expect a working mod environment a day after an update until they implement a proper plugin/modding api that doesn't break with every update.

Suddenly, a disembodied voice whispers... "Minecraaaaft..."

KSP's modding system is quite nice, but we can't expect it to work all the time every time. It's the unfortunate side effect of software being modifiable in the first place.