[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Hello!

I have a problem with the service vehicles and the shuttle itself not moving on the ground and jumping weirdly on their wheels if forced to move somehow.

What could be happening and how to fix it?

Also how to use the sirens on the emergency vehicles? I have seen the lightbar flashing for a second or so when the vehicle first loads but how to control it after that?

Thank you!

Hey, I'm not really new, I just never posted anything. I love this mod and am eager for it to have 0.90 compatibility.

I have a huge request though (not really huge). The emergency light bars on the firetruck and the police car, can someone either make that a separate part so I can add it to other rovers I make or can someone point me in the right direction to a part just like the ones used in this mod? I have searched high and low with no luck..thanks everyone.

Hello!

I have a problem with the service vehicles and the shuttle itself not moving on the ground and jumping weirdly on their wheels if forced to move somehow.

What could be happening and how to fix it?

Also how to use the sirens on the emergency vehicles? I have seen the lightbar flashing for a second or so when the vehicle first loads but how to control it after that?

Thank you!

You need to set up the lights with action codes.

Also why are some of the cockpits liveries much more blurry than the other ones?

Is that in some way related to that I have to use the active texture management config that comes with it not the other one that comes with the shuttle because the one that comes with the shuttle makes my game crash every single time it loads for some reason?

How to fix those two things?

Also why are some of the cockpits liveries much more blurry than the other ones?

Is that in some way related to that I have to use the active texture management config that comes with it not the other one that comes with the shuttle because the one that comes with the shuttle makes my game crash every single time it loads for some reason?

I use the ActiveTextureManagement mod along with "-force-opengl" with no problems.

You are probably running on half res. The combination of half res and ATM make the cockpits quite blurry.

km_Gimbal was just updated today. Do not update to this version yet. It has changed the module name for the gimbal, and has moved the plugin to a different folder. If the old gimbal plugin still works, continue to use that one. Im gonna see about setting up a module manager patch to change the modules to the new version.

Hey Helldiver.

yeah, I know most likely you'll pass by and say "lol, so what?"

Well, I want you to know that this is by far my most FAVORITE MOD in KSP. I have relied on it and relied on it in 23.5 and 24-24.2, but when .25 hit, I was sad to see that my game would crash in the middle of loading. The first time it crashed I was absolutely devastated. I haven't found a solution since, and playing in KSP hasn't been the same. Please fix this soon, and know probably hundreds of others like me are impatiently waiting the fix and the new update.

~Cheers, RJ

I added ATM and then added this mod and it gets stuck on the same part (the tail rotor) for a long time and doesn't get past it. It doesn't freeze the program or anything it just comes to astand still...thoughts?

Hey Helldiver.

yeah, I know most likely you'll pass by and say "lol, so what?"

Well, I want you to know that this is by far my most FAVORITE MOD in KSP. I have relied on it and relied on it in 23.5 and 24-24.2, but when .25 hit, I was sad to see that my game would crash in the middle of loading. The first time it crashed I was absolutely devastated. I haven't found a solution since, and playing in KSP hasn't been the same. Please fix this soon, and know probably hundreds of others like me are impatiently waiting the fix and the new update.

~Cheers, RJ

Version 4.09HF was built for version .25. If it is crashing it is because you are running out of memory. Install ATM and run at half res textures. Additionally, with the recent update of Firespitter by snjo this mod also works on version .90 and I have even created a module manager patch to enable this mod to work with the most recent update to the km_Gimbal plugin as well.

Version 4.09HF was built for version .25. If it is crashing it is because you are running out of memory. Install ATM and run at half res textures. Additionally, with the recent update of Firespitter by snjo this mod also works on version .90 and I have even created a module manager patch to enable this mod to work with the most recent update to the km_Gimbal plugin as well.

How did you fix it? I seem confused (Because I downloaded your km_gimbal plugin) on how to use it. <- that right there must be the stupidest question. :blush:

I have the updated firespitter.dll and I have ATM so I'm not crashing or running our of memory. The game just stops loading. The quirky statements just keep scrolling along every few seconds like normal and the fine print that says the part that it's lagging stays on the tail rotor.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the updated firespitter.dll and I have ATM so I'm not crashing or running our of memory. The game just stops loading. The quirky statements just keep scrolling along every few seconds like normal and the fine print that says the part that it's lagging stays on the tail rotor.

Also my firespitter parts don't show up in ttheVAB/SPH.

How did you fix it? I seem confused (Because I downloaded your km_gimbal plugin) on how to use it. <- that right there must be the stupidest question. :blush:

My download is a module manager patch, all you need to do to use it (if you have the newest version of the gimbal plugin) is put the patch inside your Gamedata folder, (I have mine in GameData\KSO\Patches but as long as its in the GameData folder its fine.).

If you went over to the Space Shuttle Engines topic, by sarbian and downloaded the new km_Gimbal plugin and deleted the one included with v4.09HF it would not work as the new gimbal plugin has changed the actual module name (as it is seen by the game). My patch removes the old module and adds the new one in with the same gimbal values as the old one. If you dont have the newest gimbal plugin, the KSO should still work just fine, and there is no need for my patch.

So: proper guide how to make my favorite mod work in '90:

1. Install via installer version (Warranty/support void if not done this)

2. Delete Module Manager 2.5.1

3. Go to ModuleManager thread and download 2.5.4

4. delete "Rescources", "Plugin" and "Firespitter.version" files/folders in the Firespitter folder

5. Go here : https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter

6. Download the Master

7. Open the "For Release" folder

8. Put the "Plugin" "Rescources" "Firespitter.version" files/folders into the empty Firespitter folder in your GameData

[Optional] Install ActiveTextureManagement. You may pay pick between Aggressive or Basic

9. Download the new KM_Gimbal.dll

10. Put the Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal folder into GameData

11. Download Avalon's MM config

12. Put (Avalon's config) it into GameData/KSO/Patches/folder. If none, create the folder.

12. Deliver a payload to Kerbin Orbit

Cheers, flamerboy67664

Edited by flamerboy67664
Edited because of wrong steps