[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

I'll have to look into that. I'll check out some video editing and capture software and see what I can afford. I'm no Scott Manley though, heh.

Doing the same thing in preparation for my own youtube series focused on the Space shuttle missions unfortunately (if you want to call it that) I have selected the Component Space Shuttle as my core mod instead of the KSOS

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I'm having trouble with this mod in .90: Heres whats up.

- I have installed: KSO, KSO EWBCL, and Station Parts from this mod. No problems with station parts.

- I have the most recent versions of: Module Manager, the RPM .90 fix, and Firespitter.dll, as well as the RAM manager mod and the game is playing in -force-opengl over steam.

Everything loads up correctly, however when I go to launch a ship with the Kerbals in one of the cockpits for either of the KSO models, I get to the launchpad, and everything loads. However, there is no IVA windows for the Kerbals in the bottom right, no IVA mode available by pressing the keyboard shortcut, and while I can move the throttle up and down, I cant activate any of the stages. In addition, when I right click the cockpit, It says, among other things, "Status: Locked."

Again this only seems to be a problem with the KSO and the KSO EWBCL, and I have no problems with any of the parts in the station parts pack. I really love this mod, so any help fixing this would be awesome!

I'll have to look into that. I'll check out some video editing and capture software and see what I can afford. I'm no Scott Manley though, heh.

If youre going to record video, you can use Open Broadcaster Software to capture your game play quite nicely. Its what I used. As far as editing, you can just use Windows Movie Maker, as it too is also free. Its not as advanced as something like SOny Vegas or Adobe Premiere but its more than workable for stuff like subtitles and stuff.

If youre going to record video, you can use Open Broadcaster Software to capture your game play quite nicely. Its what I used. As far as editing, you can just use Windows Movie Maker, as it too is also free. Its not as advanced as something like SOny Vegas or Adobe Premiere but its more than workable for stuff like subtitles and stuff.

Is this Open Broadcaster Software free? I don't believe you were too clear on that...

Is this Open Broadcaster Software free? I don't believe you were too clear on that...

Was this a question that you needed to ask? Could you not have typed 'Open Broadcaster Software' into Google and gone to the first result. Also context is helpful; 'also free' implies that the thing named before it was free.

@Sampa: Yes, it's open sourced. Therefore, it's free. :)

Open source does not always equate to free. But yes, OBS is free.

Theres a button in the advanced reply screen that looks like a film strip. Click that and paste the youtube link in the window that pops up: like this:

Additionally, in you are using OBS (which I dont know if you are) use the 'Game Capture' source type instead of the 'Window Capture' source type to not have the window border in the frame.

Edited by Avalon304

Damn, that was awesome! Keep it up, I can't wait to watch the rest of that story!

+ 1 Subbed :)

Glad you like it. :) Videos will take me longer to make than the screenshots so I won't be posting mission chronicles as often, but I think I'll have KSOS-40 done by next week. As I get more familiar with the movie making software things will improve.

If you update FireSpitter, RPM and KM_Gimbal (in addition to use the patch in my signiture) then yes, it works in .90.

Yea I got it working, I've missed the KSO, but now if only someone would write a FAR config that worked, everyone I've found make the KSO a paper plane with far. With the new SP parts I don't use Far much often anymore so I'm giving it a run -FAR +DRE! :D

Glad you like it. :) Videos will take me longer to make than the screenshots so I won't be posting mission chronicles as often, but I think I'll have KSOS-40 done by next week. As I get more familiar with the movie making software things will improve.

Can you please post the file for that SSTO? I guess TweakScale and that pack with Supernova engine are essential, what else?

Can you please post the file for that SSTO? I guess TweakScale and that pack with Supernova engine are essential, what else?

I'll do that tonight after I get home, have to catch a plane. You will need TeakScale, TAC-LS, MechJeb, and of course my Nuclear Engines mod (just updated to .90 in fact). It doen't carry much payload and I have a vertical launch crew variant, but maybe you'll be able to make something better. If you can improve it (my SSTO skills need work), then I'd love to see what you come up with. :)

Does anyone (still) have Freeman's FAR/Spaceplane patches?

All the links I've tried are dead.

I would also take any alternatives.

- Edit:

I'm dumber than dumb. Tried middle-clicking the spoiler tags and wondered why I didn't get a download.

For reference:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entries/1770-FAR-NEAR-DRE-etc-Support-for-KSOS-by-helldiver

Edited by Ph34rb0t

Does anyone (still) have Freeman's FAR/Spaceplane patches?

All the links I've tried are dead.

I would also take any alternatives.

- Edit:

I'm dumber than dumb. Tried middle-clicking the spoiler tags and wondered why I didn't get a download.

For reference:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entries/1770-FAR-NEAR-DRE-etc-Support-for-KSOS-by-helldiver

Thank you for finding this! I knew it was not working right, and I had lost Freemasitq's SP patch, thanks again for finding it. PS- it does work good with B9 airbrakes, for FAR users.

- - - Updated - - -

How to update?

You want a quick way? Just download the latest version of B9 and just delete everything EXCEPT: JSI, KM_GIMBAL, and FIRESPITTER folders. Cause I'm lazy!

Anyone else having landing gear issues? Mine just doesn't retract, it starts extended and stays extended, no right click menu either.

I updated my Firespitter from wherever the newest version is kept and my landing gear was fixed