[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Did this new release fix the helicopter part loading issue ?

I moved all "kmwheli*" files out of the parts folder, and it loaded fine. It was getting snagged on "kmwhelirotortailkso.mu" IIRC.

*BREAK*

I can't get this thing to orbit in NEAR. I thought the Thrustmax 200 engines had pitch trim that you could control up to 15 degrees. The engines I am looking at do not have such an option, so after I cut away the SRBs, I cannot control pitch to complete the main burn nor the circularization burn, even with full pitch deflection and the RCS booster blasting their hearts out. :(

*EDIT* I don't even see the engine nozzles moving even though they are supposed to have 7 degree vectoring.

(I am using NEAR but this doesn't seem like a NEAR problem. Seems like a 'engine missing pitch trim' problem)

Edited by oversoul

Does this version finally has FAR support?

Only the user made patches that have existed since the KSO was released. The KSO System was never meant to fly with FAR.

I can't get this thing to orbit in NEAR. I thought the Thrustmax 200 engines had pitch trim that you could control up to 15 degrees. The engines I am looking at do not have such an option, so after I cut away the SRBs, I cannot control pitch to complete the main burn nor the circularization burn, even with full pitch deflection and the RCS booster blasting their hearts out. :(

*EDIT* I don't even see the engine nozzles moving even though they are supposed to have 7 degree vectoring.

(I am using NEAR but this doesn't seem like a NEAR problem. Seems like a 'engine missing pitch trim' problem)

The KSO System was not meant to fly with NEAR (or FAR). However, like you said, it does appear to not be a NEAR problem at the moment. Please tell me what version of the km_gimbal you are using (is it the one included with the latest download, or a different one) to launch with. You can diagnose if it is working by right clicking on the engines (either in the VAB or while on the launch pad) and there should be options for trim and such that appear.

I moved all "kmwheli*" files out of the parts folder, and it loaded fine. It was getting snagged on "kmwhelirotortailkso.mu" IIRC.

*BREAK*

If the heli part isn't loading then you didn't put the Firespitter folder from the KSO mod in your Gamedata. There is a Resources folder in it that adds FSCoolant that the heli part needs.

The KSO System was not meant to fly with NEAR (or FAR). However, like you said, it does appear to not be a NEAR problem at the moment. Please tell me what version of the km_gimbal you are using (is it the one included with the latest download, or a different one) to launch with. You can diagnose if it is working by right clicking on the engines (either in the VAB or while on the launch pad) and there should be options for trim and such that appear.

Yea there is no trim slider when I right click on the engine during an active flight. I know what it's supposed to look like; I played with the mod a while back and built an orbital station with the small orbiter and a lot of flights.

As for the km_gimbal issue, I'm not sure. I deleted the files, but I'll reinstall them and check.

*UPDATE*

Looks like I had a more current km_gimbal curtesy of B9 timestamped 12-27, but KSO uses an older km_gimbal timestamped 7-26 and in a different folder name (B9 uses "Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal"; KSO uses "Klockheed_Martian"). So when I manually installed, I recognized the folder name, but not that it was slightly different and didn't copy it over.

*UPDATE 2* I just gooned up the manual install. Works fine (gimbal and tailrotor file). Landing however... :}

rk1uxgAl.jpg

xBRdVcbl.jpg

"They died doing what they loved: eating snacks and yelling at their spacecraft to 'hold together' one last time. They will be missed."

Edited by oversoul

Looks like I had a more current km_gimbal curtesy of B9 timestamped 12-27, but KSO uses an older km_gimbal timestamped 7-26 and in a different folder name (B9 uses "Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal"; KSO uses "Klockheed_Martian"). So when I manually installed, I recognized the folder name, but not that it was slightly different and didn't copy it over.

If you want to use the updated version you can. Theres a link to a module manager patch in my sig that enables the new gimbal module on the KSOS engines (KSO SSME, EWBCL SSME and OMS). If you elect to use that patch then you can use the gimbal that came with B9 (which should be version 3 atleast)and can remove the one that was included with KSOS v4.10.

Does anyone know how to rename a KSO Shuttle Orbiter? I'm getting tired of the same old orbiter names, and I want to name some of my shuttles to Honor, Pride, Liberty and Triumph. sorry if this is a stupid question :blush:

You need a piece of image editing software like Photoship, GIMP or Paint.NET then you need to go to the post just below the OP in this topic and download the alternate names package for either the standard KSO or the Super 25. Included with those packages is a blank shuttle texture that you can name yourself.

You can follow this post:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68429-0-90-Kerbin-Shuttle-Orbiter-System-v4-10?p=1191571#post1191571

for a tutorial on how to do it.

You need a piece of image editing software like Photoship, GIMP or Paint.NET then you need to go to the post just below the OP in this topic and download the alternate names package for either the standard KSO or the Super 25. Included with those packages is a blank shuttle texture that you can name yourself.

You can follow this post:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68429-0-90-Kerbin-Shuttle-Orbiter-System-v4-10?p=1191571#post1191571

for a tutorial on how to do it.

So I followed the post, but when I saw the KSO Orbiter (I named Liberty), it was just the default Resolute texture. Idk why, it has everything right yet it does that.

EDIT: Nope, that didn't work. Idk why, i have it set up the way it's supposed to be set up, but it won't change to the Liberty texture. The Liberty Texture is fine, its just the CFG file that's having an issue.

Edited by Rjtaml

So I followed the post, but when I saw the KSO Orbiter (I named Liberty), it was just the default Resolute texture. Idk why, it has everything right yet it does that.

EDIT: Change of plans, found the issue. I put it on the wrong cfg file. Stupid me! :( anyway, it worked fine! Thank you!

Glad I could help.

How do you have everything saved? Where did you save the Liberty texture, what config did you edit?

I saved the Liberty texture in the Altnames file, and I copied the commandcfg and renamed and fixed everything for the Liberty shuttle.

send me a screenshot of the config file, syntax is very important.

I can't quite take a screenshot as the cfg is too big, but I copied and pasted it into one big code thing.

PART
{
// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config
// Generated By KSP_Config Create (Script)

// --- general parameters ---
name = KSO_Cabin Liberty
module = Part
author = helldiver

// --- asset parameters ---

MODEL
{
model = KSO/Parts/commandkso
texture = kerbin orbiter, KSO/Parts/altnames/ksoliberty
}

scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- attach parameters ---
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z, Node Size

node_stack_top = 0, 1.452106, -0.214849, 0, 1, 0, 1

node_stack_bottom = 0, -1.457823, 0, 0, -1, 0, 2
node_stack_avio = 0, 1.306785, 0.22087, 0, 1, 0, 1
node_stack_gear = 0.0, 0.5445755, 1.108044, 0, 0, 1, 1

// Tank mount
node_stack_mount = 0, -1.4578, 1.2412, 0, 0, 1, 1

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = heavierRocketry
entryCost = 9500
cost = 4500
category = Pods
subcategory = 0
title = KSO Cockpit, Liberty
manufacturer = VEG Design Group
description = Built by a consortium of Kerbin's finest contractors, the Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter is a paradigm in spacecraft design. The KSO is unique in that its flight model together with its redundant flight management system solved a lot of the problems inherent in Kerbal shuttle launches. The KSO features a 1.5 meter cargo bay, polykarbonate composite construction, and a state of the art thermal protection system.
The KSO's cockpit features the latest in glass cockpit multi-function displays, fly-by-wire control system linked to its state of the art flight management computer. The KSO's cabin has both a mission deck and crew deck with all amenities needed for extended orbital missions and accommodations for up to six kerbonauts.

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 3.25
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.15
minimum_drag = 0.15
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 5
breakingForce = 45
breakingTorque = 80
maxTemp = 2900
fuelCrossFeed = True
dragCoeff = 0.1
deflectionLiftCoeff = 1.85

// --- Custom parameters ---

//stagingIcon = COMMAND_POD
vesselType = Ship

CrewCapacity = 6

INTERNAL
{
name = internalkso
}

MODULE
{
name = RasterPropMonitorComputer
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 1
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
animationName = Take001
startEventGUIName = Extend Ladder
endEventGUIName = Retract Ladder
toggleActionName = Toggle Extendable Ladder
}

// MODULE
// {
// name = FSanimateGeneric
// animationLayer = 3
// animationName = cmdlights
// startEventGUIName = Turn on cabin lights
// endEventGUIName = Turn on cabin lights
// toggleActionName = Toggle cabin lights
// }
MODULE
{
name = ModuleRCS
thrusterTransformName = RCSthruster
thrusterPower = 0.5
resourceName = MonoPropellant
atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 260
key = 1 100
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSAS
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleReactionWheel

PitchTorque = 10.545
YawTorque = 12
RollTorque = 10.545

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 1.05
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleScienceExperiment
experimentID = crewReport
experimentActionName = Crew Report
resetActionName = Discard Crew Report
reviewActionName = Review Report
useStaging = False
useActionGroups = True
hideUIwhenUnavailable = True
rerunnable = True
xmitDataScalar = 1.0
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleScienceContainer
reviewActionName = Review Stored Data
storeActionName = Store Experiments
evaOnlyStorage = True
storageRange = 2.0
}

Remove 'kerbin_orbiter'. The game is seeing that and loading the default texture and then not bothering with the rest. If you want to be able to swap between textures then you can go here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68429?p=1261755&viewfull=1#post1261755

and download the texture switch patches for the orbiters and then add in each of the textures you want.

Remove 'kerbin_orbiter'. The game is seeing that and loading the default texture and then not bothering with the rest. If you want to be able to swap between textures then you can go here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68429?p=1261755&viewfull=1#post1261755

and download the texture switch patches for the orbiters and then add in each of the textures you want.

Still does NOT work, I did however get an image of it in the VAB.

DODJxuq.jpg

And you saved the new textures as .tga files as well?

Also, if you have ATM installed you can try going into the texture cache for the KSO and deleting the cached kerbin_orbiter texture... other wise I dont know whats going on...