[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Do I put the entire download into the gamedata folder or just certain parts of it?

You open the zip file. Theres another folder with 'KSOS' in the title. Inside that folder should be two folders 'Ships' and 'GameData'. Now you go to your KSP folder (where ever you installed KSP, the location of the KSP.exe), and you take those two folders and you drag them into the folder where KSP is installed, and when windows askes if you want to merge files you say yes. Then youre done. Launch the game.

So in the gamedata folder or in the program files?

How can people use computers with out understanding this sort of thing.

Steps:

1. Download the zip file of the package you want. (Phase 1, 2, 3, 4 or All).

2. Open the zip file.

3. Inside the zip file, navigate the folders until you find two folders, named 'Ships' and 'GameData.

4. Without closing the zip file, navigate to where ever you installed Kerbal Space Program;

4A. If you used Steam this location is likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\

4Aa. If you have moved KSP from where steam has installed it, go there instead.

4B. If you bought KSP from Squads store ore another location that doesn't use steam then this location is where ever you put the game.

5. Inside the Kerbal Space Program folder you will see a whole bunch of folders, on of them will also be 'GameData' and there will be another one named 'Ships'. Take the two folders from the zip files and drag them into the Kerbal Space program folder.

6. Windows will ask you if you want to merge files. Hit 'Yes' or 'Yes to all'.

7. Wait until the file move is finished.

8. Once the file move is finished, open Kerbal Space Program and wait for it to load.

9. Load your save and enter either the SPH or VAB.

10. Build you ship or load the included craft files.

11. Done.

The reason I asked is because this is the first ksp mod that I put into the gamedata file that hasn't shown up, I have downloaded a bunch of other mods and they worked fine, and I followed the same process as before when downloading KSO and it didn't work. So I was wondering if there was any special processes required for KSO.

The reason I asked is because this is the first ksp mod that I put into the gamedata file that hasn't shown up, I have downloaded a bunch of other mods and they worked fine, and I followed the same process as before when downloading KSO and it didn't work. So I was wondering if there was any special processes required for KSO.

Nope. You install this mod just like any other KSP mod.

The fourth folder down is the KSO one. And the highlighted Ships folder.

I have no words...

Take those two folders (GameData and Ships) and put them in the root Kerbal Space Program folder:

eSIIPug.jpg

EDIT: Also you only need 1 Module Manager. Get rid of all but the latest version.

Edited by Avalon304

I tried again, and at least some of KSO is showing up on the load screen, but still nothing in the VAB.

How can people use computers with out understanding this sort of thing.

Steps:

1. Download the zip file of the package you want. (Phase 1, 2, 3, 4 or All).

2. Open the zip file.

3. Inside the zip file, navigate the folders until you find two folders, named 'Ships' and 'GameData.

4. Without closing the zip file, navigate to where ever you installed Kerbal Space Program;

4A. If you used Steam this location is likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\

4Aa. If you have moved KSP from where steam has installed it, go there instead.

4B. If you bought KSP from Squads store ore another location that doesn't use steam then this location is where ever you put the game.

5. Inside the Kerbal Space Program folder you will see a whole bunch of folders, on of them will also be 'GameData' and there will be another one named 'Ships'. Take the two folders from the zip files and drag them into the Kerbal Space program folder.

6. Windows will ask you if you want to merge files. Hit 'Yes' or 'Yes to all'.

7. Wait until the file move is finished.

8. Once the file move is finished, open Kerbal Space Program and wait for it to load.

9. Load your save and enter either the SPH or VAB.

10. Build you ship or load the included craft files.

11. Done.

From the picture you posted of your gamedata directory, you should have only needed to move the two folders "Gamedata" and "Ships" from within the ".\Kerbal Space Program\Gamedata\" directory to the ".\Kerbal Space Program\" folder, or up one directory, and merge both those folders with the existing ones there (as Avalon said to do here). That appears to have been your mistake.

Inside the GameData folder of this mod's zip file is a handful of folders (KSO, JSI, Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal, etc, etc) and all those need to be in the GameData folder of your KSP installation. Same thing with the Ships folder (which contains VAB and SPH folders) and those need to be within the Ships folder of your KSP installation.

To be honest, I'm not sure anymore if you're trolling or if this is really escaping you. I apologize if it truly is. I know we all have our off days. I get them all the time. But, you appear to know how to install mods already judging from your gamedata folder. So what exactly are we being unclear about?

EDIT: This source might help you understand add-on folder structure.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

Ok I just removed KSO and am reinstalling it. I tried another ship mod to see if it was a KSO problem or a me problem (spoiler, it was me) it woulent work either so I rechecked everything and it seems that I have accidentally renamed something and after I fixed that the other mod worked so I think I may have fixed the problem, fingers crossed.

So I reinstalled KSO, unzipped it, placed the KSO gamedata and ships folders into the ksp gamedata folder, and when it asked if I wanted to merge files I clicked Yes. It still didn't work!!!!!:(

1UEW7mJ.jpg

That is the contents of MY 'GameData' folder.

If you have placed the 'Active Texture Management', 'Firespitter', 'JSI', 'Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal', 'KSO', 'Smokescreen' folders AND the ModuleManager 2.5.9 dll (please only have ONE ModuleManager installed, the latest version is the only one you ever need) file into your ~\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ folder and it still isnt showing up then there is nothing more we can do. Im going to suggest (that if you have placed the folders correctly and you see that files loading when you start KSP) that you look harder when in the VAB or SPH.

Beyond that, there is nothing more we can do on our end.

Edited by Avalon304

So I reinstalled KSO, unzipped it, placed the KSO gamedata and ships folders into the ksp gamedata folder, and when it asked if I wanted to merge files I clicked Yes. It still didn't work!!!!!:(

Perhaps you should use the installer?

vCyOHFp.gif

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!! I put each folder in separately like in Avalon's screenshot, loaded the game and there it was. Thank you guys so much for the help and for being patient with me. You guys are the best.

Enjoy! (Also dont forget to install the craft files, thats whats in the ships folder.)