[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Interesting. I wonder who put it on CKAN.

Helldiver did, I think, when putting it up on KerbalStuff.

Who knows now that Unity 5 has come out. From what I've heard 64-bit should be alot more stable with that version.

Doubtful. Ive not seen anyone say that Unity 5's 64-bit support on windows is any better than Unity 4's. And I'd expect the KSP moving to Unity 5 is pretty far off at this point.

I'm still having serious compatibility issues with FAR and DRE. With SAS on, the feedback from the control surfaces on the wings is so intense I am usually propelled to supersonic speeds without even turning on the throttle, making reentrys and landings all but impossible. Additionally, cargo in the cargo bay does not seem at all protected from aerodynamic forces, with cargo in the bays always burning up or detaching due to aerodynamic forces on reentry. Most frustrating with the EWCB is the constant overheating that seems to mysteriously affect nothing else but the top right control surface, which usually explodes around 40 km before I even encounter significant heating on anything else. Are there any fixes for the considerable bugs I am encountering, or should I consider not using KSOS on my save?

I tried using these configs - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entries/1770-FAR-NEAR-DRE-etc-Support-for-KSOS-by-helldiver, but they have only made the problems worse, resulting in a complete lack of control from control surfaces. This is obviously terrible during reentries.

There are several FAR configs; which one are you using? (last I kept up with this, Ayana's was the go-to for FAR compatibility. And don't use more than one)

Also, SAS has always had problems with FAR because FAR replaces all stock control and lifting surfaces with its own. KSP's SAS code can't know how to use those, it only knows how to use its stock surfaces.

Perhaps I'm just not patient enough, but the texture management mod seems to be getting stuck on processing "KSO/Parts/kmwhelirotortailkso/kmwhelirotortailkso". KSP isn't freezing or anything, and I am running the 32-bit build, but it just never seems to get past that part. The little loading screen text thing ('clearing launch pads' 'treating kessler syndrome' and such) is changing, so it's clearly doing something, if very slowly. I know that the texture management mod often takes time, but I've never seen it take this long to process a single part. Should I just go take a walk or something?

Perhaps I'm just not patient enough, but the texture management mod seems to be getting stuck on processing "KSO/Parts/kmwhelirotortailkso/kmwhelirotortailkso". KSP isn't freezing or anything, and I am running the 32-bit build, but it just never seems to get past that part. The little loading screen text thing ('clearing launch pads' 'treating kessler syndrome' and such) is changing, so it's clearly doing something, if very slowly. I know that the texture management mod often takes time, but I've never seen it take this long to process a single part. Should I just go take a walk or something?

The text can keep changing even if the loading process has hung.

Check your output_log.txt (or player.log if Linux/Mac)

If you're not sure how to read the log then post it here for someone to look at.

I could post it here, but it's 2,726KB. Instead, I'll post the last ~100 lines or something. (Or just the part after it gets to the relevant part.)

I installed it over CKAN, but it looks like (based on the 'FSCoolant not found in resource database' thing), that somewhere, somehow, a prerequisite is missing. Maybe. I'll go check.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KSO/Parts/kmwhelirotormainkso/kmwhelirotormainkso'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KSO/Parts/kmwhelirotortailkso/kmwhelirotortailkso'

[ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

FSCoolant not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ModuleEngines.SetupPropellant () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

KSP-AVC -> System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonBoxStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

CRFFix.OnDestroy()

[SmokeScreen ModelMultiParticlePersistFX] OnDestroy

S.A.V.E: destroying S.A.V.E

S.A.V.E: storing configuration in D:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/..//GameData/S.A.V.E.dat

S.A.V.E: stopping backup/restore threads

[SmokeScreen PersistentEmitterManager] : OnDestroy

I could post it here, but it's 2,726KB. Instead, I'll post the last ~100 lines or something. (Or just the part after it gets to the relevant part.)

I installed it over CKAN, but it looks like (based on the 'FSCoolant not found in resource database' thing), that somewhere, somehow, a prerequisite is missing. Maybe. I'll go check.

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KSO/Parts/kmwhelirotormainkso/kmwhelirotormainkso'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KSO/Parts/kmwhelirotortailkso/kmwhelirotortailkso'

[ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

FSCoolant not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ModuleEngines.SetupPropellant () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

KSP-AVC -> System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonBoxStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

CRFFix.OnDestroy()

S.A.V.E: destroying S.A.V.E

S.A.V.E: storing configuration in D:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/..//GameData/S.A.V.E.dat

S.A.V.E: stopping backup/restore threads

[SmokeScreen PersistentEmitterManager] : OnDestroy

Make sure you are using the Firespitter folder that came with the KSOS, youre missing the FSCoolant resource used by the chopper rotors.

For that to be possible Squad would have to either:

A. Have a 64-bit version that works

or

B. Have an asset management system that isnt bad.

The likelihood of either of these things occurring is close to 0. But my question is what have you got against ATM?

The thing that I have against active texture management is that it now takes a few hours to load ksp to compress all the files and I ain't got no time for that. I tried the atm once and I was going crazy because if it's insane loading time. On my computer which is a hp 2000 laptop with windows 8.

Expand

The thing that I have against active texture management is that it now takes a few hours to load ksp to compress all the files and I ain't got no time for that. I tried the atm once and I was going crazy because if it's insane loading time. On my computer which is a hp 2000 laptop with windows 8.

Expand

but you are aware that slow loading times happen only once...right? it's only to cashe the textures after that it's blazing fast

ATM only caches and compresses textures the first time you load KSP after installing it (if its taking hours on that first load, install a few mods, run the game, let it compress, then install some more mods a bit at a time). After the first compression of textures, KSP should lost as fast as (or faster than) it would if loaded without ATM.

Is anyone else having trouble with payloads in the KSO 25? When I try to stage the ET, it gets stuck to the KSO 25 and wont detach, but if I stage the ET then jettison the payload, it will come off.

You only get this when launching the Super 25 with a payload?

EDIT: Just as an update, I completed a launch of a Super 25 with a payload and was able to separate the ET just fine with the payload still in the cargo bay.

Edited by Avalon304

That is very odd.

What mods do you have installed?

How are you building the payload in the bay?

I'm not building them in the bay, I use sub assm. If I try to build them in the bay it still happens. This must be a mod conflict.

Mods: Toolbar, ATM, B9, Editor Ex., FASA (launch clamps), FAR, Firespitter, JSI, KAS, Kerbal Engineer, KJR (I think this might be the conflicting mod), Klockheed Gimbal, KSO, KW, Infernal Robotics, Navy fish docking adapter, Near Future Construction, SmokeScreen, Tac Fuel balancing, Tweakable everything, and tweakscale.

Thanks for the help so far btw :)

I'm not building them in the bay, I use sub assm. If I try to build them in the bay it still happens. This must be a mod conflict.

Mods: Toolbar, ATM, B9, Editor Ex., FASA (launch clamps), FAR, Firespitter, JSI, KAS, Kerbal Engineer, KJR (I think this might be the conflicting mod), Klockheed Gimbal, KSO, KW, Infernal Robotics, Navy fish docking adapter, Near Future Construction, SmokeScreen, Tac Fuel balancing, Tweakable everything, and tweakscale.

Thanks for the help so far btw :)

Try removing KJR if you think its the cause.

This isn't quite a problem, just a n00b question. How do I get the rover to er, work? I've put all the stuff together, but the wheels just get stuck in the ground and it doesn't move. I've tried two different chassis orientations (one with the headlights closer to the ground, and the other with them a bit further away- all by just rotating it), but neither seems to be able to fix it. Maybe I need to pilot it from the inside? Also, I don't know why, but whenever I build a rover (and this includes the days where I just had the base game and no mods), the wheels are always rotating. Always. I don't know if that's a problem, because with previous rovers I couldn't even manage to get a kerbal close enough to drive the thing before it either A: ran off on its own B: went for a swim or C: Flipped over. The thing I like about this one is that it has its own little RCS thing to stick on the end, meaning I can avoid it flipping over much better than even some other mod rovers.

Ship craft file (for the VAB, though I do occasionally modify it in the SPH) is over here, just so that someone can look at it and tell me all of the things I did wrong.

EDIT: Wait, hold on, removing all non-stock parts that aren't from this pack.

EDIT 2: It's now for the SPH because when I click on it in there it orients itself in a way that a car should be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yb4apr3sarrbwca/Rover%20I.craft?dl=0

Edited by silvermistshadow

This isn't quite a problem, just a n00b question. How do I get the rover to er, work? I've put all the stuff together, but the wheels just get stuck in the ground and it doesn't move. I've tried two different chassis orientations (one with the headlights closer to the ground, and the other with them a bit further away- all by just rotating it), but neither seems to be able to fix it. Maybe I need to pilot it from the inside? Also, I don't know why, but whenever I build a rover (and this includes the days where I just had the base game and no mods), the wheels are always rotating. Always. I don't know if that's a problem, because with previous rovers I couldn't even manage to get a kerbal close enough to drive the thing before it either A: ran off on its own B: went for a swim or C: Flipped over. The thing I like about this one is that it has its own little RCS thing to stick on the end, meaning I can avoid it flipping over much better than even some other mod rovers.

Ship craft file (for the VAB, though I do occasionally modify it in the SPH) is over here, just so that someone can look at it and tell me all of the things I did wrong.

EDIT: Wait, hold on, removing all non-stock parts that aren't from this pack.

EDIT 2: It's now for the SPH because when I click on it in there it orients itself in a way that a car should be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yb4apr3sarrbwca/Rover%20I.craft?dl=0

Check out this post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68429-0-90-Kerbin-Shuttle-Orbiter-System-v4-13?p=1441398&highlight=rover#post1441398

The wheels/tires for rovers/trucks/sedans of this mod have to be clocked properly to work. The index reference is on the inside edge of each wheel.

Naz and I discussed some ideas I had regarding a hubble-like telescope that used some animation and camera trickery to make you think you were viewing far away galaxies. I'm still very interested in doing it.

It didn't make the cut for Phase II, but definitely something for the near future.

Phase II microscopes will test some of the tech we'll use in a larger Hubble telescope type application.

Phase V?

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

Is there a working FAR patch for the EWBCL shuttle?

There have been a couple, but they don't seem to all work. Part of the issue is that making a FAR compatible config for the EWBCL shuttle involves redefining the center coordinate of the wing breaking the prebuilt craft files and requiring you to slightly rebuild the launch stack.