[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

I don't want to sound impatient, but I can't wait for this mod to update, it was a fixture in my pre-1.0 space program, keep it up.

The update to 1.0 is going to take quite a while. The both phase 1 and 3 along with the phase 4 chopper need to be tuned for the new aerodynamic model and everything may need to be given a once over to make sure that it all functions properly.

I

On that note, have you guys considered migrating to the stock cargobay animation module? That would remove the dependency on firespitter. As much as I like firespitter's texture switching, I see that as more of an optional feature.

I believe our landing gear as well as the most other animated parts use firespitter as well. It would take a great deal of work to remove it.

will there ever be a crawler for the kso mod? also is there a way to stack the ewbcl super 25 on top of a rocket like the phase 1 kso?

I know that there is a mod that adds tank treads that could be used for that purpose, give me a little while to find it again. Considering the size of the EWCBL, stacking it on top of a rocket is very impractical and would be hard to balance (considering all the lift it generates), so for now there isn't any way to stack it vertically.

Edit: found the mod, it's called Kerbal Foundries and is updated for 1.0.

Has anyone tried packs 2 & 4 with 1.* yet?

At this point, everything needs to be checked and potentially rebalanced for working with the new aerodynamics, but the station parts and ground vehicles should work fairly well with 1.0 since they shouldn't need huge adjustments.

Edited by OrbitusII

I know that there is a mod that adds tank treads that could be used for that purpose, give me a little while to find it again. Considering the size of the EWCBL, stacking it on top of a rocket is very impractical and would be hard to balance (considering all the lift it generates), so for now there isn't any way to stack it vertically.

Edit: found the mod, it's called Kerbal Foundries and is updated for 1.0.

At this point, everything needs to be checked and potentially rebalanced for working with the new aerodynamics, but the station parts and ground vehicles should work fairly well with 1.0 since they shouldn't need huge adjustments.

you'll probably just need to go in and fix all the attachment nodes.

In addition to adding the new heating system values and other stuff, yeah. It's simple compared to rebalancing the shuttles, but it'll still take a little while.

The onyl things we should really need to tweak to work with the new aero model are the shuttles (both to make them fly and to make sure they are properly shielding their cargo) and the chopper, everything else should be good to go. As a partial side effect to the new aero model, I imagine FAR support will be a much easier thing to accomplish.

This is definitely a thing we need to do.

One issue might be Squad keep changing the Aero model :-/.

Yea... Squad changing the aero model in 1.0.2 is annoying... and it should not have been a change that was made... but it should change too much... it was a slightly minor change from what I saw.

~~~

Anyway another video for you all:

This is SLS-3. And it launches a long range telescope into orbit around Kerbin. Another shuttle launch will be coming, but not to Olympus.

Hey blokes I dunno if it's been mentioned but is this going to be an update for the KSP version 1.0.0.2? This mod is seriously the best thing ever made. Cheers.

Yup it has.

"When its done."

Hey blokes I dunno if it's been mentioned but is this going to be an update for the KSP version 1.0.0.2? This mod is seriously the best thing ever made. Cheers.

They are in the process of a major update to the whole flying aspect of the shuttles and helicopter it is going to take them quite a bit of time to get it right. I miss the mod also for 1.0.0.2 but I can wait for it just like i was waiting for it to come out the first time. Don't rush them it will be done as soon as they get it ready.

From what I understand Your able to use the station parts just fine as with the ground vehicles.

I just have to say: KSOS is partially working for 1.0.2. All dependencies have been updated. The only thing that needs work right now is the Flight Model/Stock Aero tweaking of the KSO 1.8 and EWBCL, Chopper and your trusty shuttle will be good.

(PS. Use this patch for Klockheed Martian Gimbal: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55985-0-90-Space-Shuttle-Engines-%28Dec-27%29?p=1881389&viewfull=1#post1881389)

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

I just have to say: KSOS is partially working for 1.0.2. All dependencies have been updated. The only thing that needs work right now is the Flight Model/Stock Aero tweaking of the KSO 1.8 and EWBCL, Chopper and your trusty shuttle will be good.

(PS. Use this patch for Klockheed Martian Gimbal: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55985-0-90-Space-Shuttle-Engines-%28Dec-27%29?p=1881389&viewfull=1#post1881389)

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

Ill scrounge up the updated dependancies and throw them in my 1.0.2 test environment tomorrow or Sunday... and see what happens. But the aero rebalance to going to be the longest part of this still.

EDIT: Thats not a fix for KM_Gimbal... thats a fix for the shuttle engine pack itself.

Edited by Avalon304

Ill scrounge up the updated dependancies and throw them in my 1.0.2 test environment tomorrow or Sunday... and see what happens. But the aero rebalance to going to be the longest part of this still.

EDIT: Thats not a fix for KM_Gimbal... thats a fix for the shuttle engine pack itself.

Hello

I saw your videos on youtube. May I ask you wich mod is changing the top-right resources window's look?

Thank you

Are you going to convert textures to .DDS? It would be nicer on the memory.

This is something that I would imagine will happen. Though I could also forsee the alternate name textures being left in a more editable format to allow custom naming.

Just quick question. Jhe engines for the mod do not work for me. it wont let me connect them to anything. any help?

The attach nodes (probably the ones the engines need to connect to rather than the engine's nodes) need to be reversed.

if you want to try doing it yourself, edit the part that you're connecting to

You'll see something like this: See the red numbers? It needs reversing

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.930788, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

you want that to say

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.930788, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

(it wont be exactly like that; I don't have the KSO installed. I grabbed that from the Mainsail)