[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

I've been putting together a new version with Avalon's help and I plan to have it ready for the weekend. The new aero seems to work ok, and the reentry on both shuttles is working just fine. Yes, it uses DDS! I will have to take another look at everything tomorrow.

Oh yes, oh yes! Can't wait for my shuttles to be flying again!

Has the texture layout changed? I had customized shuttle names so I'm wondering if I'll be able to use them again ;D

I've been putting together a new version with Avalon's help and I plan to have it ready for the weekend. The new aero seems to work ok, and the reentry on both shuttles is working just fine. Yes, it uses DDS! I will have to take another look at everything tomorrow.

Naz I can't respond to your las pm you have too many in your inbox. But if you're ok with everything. Then I am good aswell.

You guys need to chill with the textures. KSP is quite bad at managing memory and video memory, which is no fault of helldiver's. You really want something done about it? Then bug squad about it. We have no control over KSP's memory management. ATM, force-opengl, running 64bit linux... these are all workarounds the community has come up with for the shortcomings of squad's game. The real killer is interiors, as far as I understand. The KSOS has many interiors and, from what I understand, it's not possible to have interiors share resources which bloats memory requirements. So if that's still the case, then head on over to one of squad's threads and share your opinion about it instead of making it helldiver's problem.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

Oh yes, oh yes! Can't wait for my shuttles to be flying again!

Has the texture layout changed? I had customized shuttle names so I'm wondering if I'll be able to use them again ;D

Theres 0 reason you wont be able to use your custom names still.

Ready for the weekend? As in before the weekend? Or did you mean sometime during the weekend. :rolleyes: Just askin'

Since an update is in the works, would it be possible that a DPAI (Docking Port Alignment Indicator) screen could be added? MoarDv included it in the std RPM screens, so the base code is there. Either way, thanks for keeping this mod going!

Thank you Nazari Viva La KSO!!!!!!

version 4.2

- Added support for Aero changes in KSP 1.0

- Added support for Heat changes in KSP 1.0

- Added airbake module support

- Adjusted node directions to fix connection issued with KSP 1.0

- Fixed image path error in RPM folder

- Added support for DPAI to KSO RPM computers (Plugins page)

- Converted Part and Interior Space textures to .DDS format

- Added Rover craft files and added fuel cells to both orbiters.

- Adjusted separation motor placement for the Super25 lifter

- Added separation motor heat adjustment patch

Kerbalstuff Link:

THIS VERSION DOES NOT INCLUDE THE REQUIRED PLUGINS. IT IS MEANT FOR CKAN USERS.

[removed link to defunct website]

Complete Mod Pack Mediafire Mirror:

(Complete version of KSOS with plugins)

http://www./download/0cpv4e53q5mh1tp/KSO_v4.2_CompletePack.zip

Nazari1382 said:
version 4.2

- Added support for Aero changes in KSP 1.0

- Added support for Heat changes in KSP 1.0

- Added airbake module support

- Adjusted node directions to fix connection issued with KSP 1.0

- Fixed image path error in RPM folder

- Added support for DPAI to KSO RPM computers (Plugins page)

- Converted Part and Interior Space textures to .DDS format

- Added Rover craft files and added fuel cells to both orbiters.

- Adjusted separation motor placement for the Super25 lifter

- Added separation motor heat adjustment patch

Kerbalstuff Link:

THIS VERSION DOES NOT INCLUDE THE REQUIRED PLUGINS. IT IS MEANT FOR CKAN USERS.

[removed link to defunct website]

Mediafire Mirror:

(Complete version of KSOS with plugins)

http://www./download/0cpv4e53q5mh1tp/KSO_v4.2_CompletePack.zip

You guys are steely eyed missle men

Edit: Did a quick launch and return and its still so much fun. I haven't used played with KSO in a while especially the whole pack. No sign of a game crash at all or drop in fps. Well done guys for bringing this mod to 1.0. One tiny nitpick is that you guys should/need to add the trench smoke effects. Its one of those quality of life things that I never know how awesome it was until I saw it, now I need to see it or it just doesn't look right. I also flew the kerbostar and if you put it into hover mode the prop overheats, explodes, and my kerbals die. Thats all for now I will keep playing and report back if notice anything else.

Well.... the Block 5 Super 25 is included with the new update.

And because I cant ever leave well enough alone: Energia Booster equipped Block 5

So. Much. Delta-V.

EDIT: When the boosters sep, theres a tendancy for them to collide with each other, you may see a sep motor explode when this happens... for now, this is normal.

Edited by Avalon304

Yay! Yay, yay, yay!

Thank you very much, you are all awesome! This is one of my must-have's :)

Angel, Bravery, Celestial, Divinity, Entropy, Frontier and Galaxy (KSO) & Audacity, Boldness, Cerulean, Destiny, Explorer, Fearless and Gallant (S25) will finally reach for the stars again <3

You guys are steely eyed missle men

Edit: Did a quick launch and return and its still so much fun. I haven't used played with KSO in a while especially the whole pack. No sign of a game crash at all or drop in fps. Well done guys for bringing this mod to 1.0. One tiny nitpick is that you guys should/need to add the trench smoke effects. Its one of those quality of life things that I never know how awesome it was until I saw it, now I need to see it or it just doesn't look right. I also flew the kerbostar and if you put it into hover mode the prop overheats, explodes, and my kerbals die. Thats all for now I will keep playing and report back if notice anything else.

Im not gonna lie... I knew KSP did that now... and I totally thought it was automatically done... so I didnt bother to look... but I am now going to do that tomorrow.

EDIT: Ok... I lied... I looked at it tonight: ksogroundfx-patch. As with any other ModuleManager patch, place it in your GameData folder (or where ever you keep all of your KSO related ModuleManager patches).

Edited by Avalon304

Can I just make it clear to you guys, the team here making this all work, I sincerely hope I don't come off sounding entitled or pretentious. All of you creators do so purely by the sweat and blood. I'm sorry if I come off sounding un-supportive to any of you, its NOT my intention at all.

edit: As for the dual boot option, I have considered this. Not to complain, or sympathy troll but in the last few years .... in the brain pan has died off rather to quickly. I would love to run Linux but I promise at this point I would completely screw it up. But with all the great options and the eventuality of ksp going 64 bit after Unity cleans up the act, these problems will be a thing of the past.

Edited by ArkaelDren

Mod works really well now. Couldn't use it for a while due to it breaking other things or vice-versa, but it works great now. Plays well with aerodynamics.

Only problem is when using RCS to translate laterally I end up in a roll. This is, of course, expected. I am wondering how you expert Kerbonauts compensate for this. I'm considering slapping another SAS module on, but I'm wondering if there exists a more... Elegant solution.

The truck needs it's middle node (The part that connects the chassis to the body) dropped for the chassis.

The Wheels need indicators that tell you which direction is 'forward' and 'down' for each wheel.

Mod works really well now. Couldn't use it for a while due to it breaking other things or vice-versa, but it works great now. Plays well with aerodynamics.

Only problem is when using RCS to translate laterally I end up in a roll. This is, of course, expected. I am wondering how you expert Kerbonauts compensate for this. I'm considering slapping another SAS module on, but I'm wondering if there exists a more... Elegant solution.

Generally I dont translate in prolonged bursts (under manual control), but if I have to I simply counter by rolling in the opposite direction of the roll that the RCS is putting me in.

The Wheels need indicators that tell you which direction is 'forward' and 'down' for each wheel.

The wheels do have such a mark. There are markings on the inside hub (the side that faces the chassis of the truck) of each wheel that shows which direction is down.