[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Will the Limited Edition EWBCL Livery ever be converted to DDS? I still hold onto my old copies of KSOS for the Limited Edition Livery, and was wondering if it'll ever be covnerted to DDS or if I'll be stuck with a TGA version.

I PM'ed you a link for it.

Whenever I try to load up my game with this mod, it seems to freeze while loading "kso/parts/kmwhelirotortail/kmwhelirotortailkso". Any idea why that is?

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it.

Edited by SpaceCannon46

Will it be compatible without FAR?

So far, I've used it, and it worked fine in BETA .90, In 1.0.2-1.0.4 I'm not sure, I actually just installed FAR for 1.0.4 so I'll let you know but if I understand your question correctly then, YES the KSO IS compatible without FAR in 1.0.4.

What do i need to change to get this baby square for 1.0.4? I have the 1.0.2 pack w/o mods and have the latest of the rest. The shuttle seems to burn up on reentry fairly easily and its glide seems off. If there are configs to tweak could someone let me know?

It's been a blast to come back to KSO, its not as big as the mk3 100 cargo bay but shes a lot more fun to fly and the low part count is helpful. Along with a much more immersive IVA.

thanks!

What do i need to change to get this baby square for 1.0.4? I have the 1.0.2 pack w/o mods and have the latest of the rest. The shuttle seems to burn up on reentry fairly easily and its glide seems off. If there are configs to tweak could someone let me know?

It's been a blast to come back to KSO, its not as big as the mk3 100 cargo bay but shes a lot more fun to fly and the low part count is helpful. Along with a much more immersive IVA.

thanks!

Its gonna require some large work to make the shuttle as easy to fly as it used to be on reentry... especially with regards to heating... I think the main thing right now is going to be waiting for helldiver's return from his other project so we can get the KSOS working fully...

heh avalon, at least read me in on your new project so i can help you guys :)

Its not my project, and Im not even involved with it yet, other than knowing some basic info about it. Its up to both helldiver and OrbitusII to disclose details about it. The onyl think I think Id be ok in saying is that is is completely separate from KSP.

Its not my project, and Im not even involved with it yet, other than knowing some basic info about it. Its up to both helldiver and OrbitusII to disclose details about it. The onyl think I think Id be ok in saying is that is is completely separate from KSP.

We'll disclose some details once we get close to a playable prototype. I wish I could say it's the only thing I'm focusing on right now, but unfortunately I've got a variety of things on my plate. :P Once that's close to completion and release we'll see about getting this updated.

Hey, so I mostly use this pack for the ground vehicles in Pack 4. I have RPM installed, but I'm having a weird issue with the Rover. The buttons are all there, but the screen itself is missing. As in, its just an empty space. Is there a fix for this?

Has anyone successfully de-orbited and landed with 4.20/1.04?

I have no issue surviving atmospheric reentry, that's the easy part. The "bounce" as I get lower in the atmosphere is, though. Still in the hot phase of reentry and all of the sudden I am climbing, fast, through the thicker part of the atmosphere. If anyone had made it home, where do you burn retrograde, from what altitude and what is your pitch profile as you descend? I'm starting from 100Km at the old mid mountain range point that was the spot back in 0.90 days and pitching 25° nose up. No overheat but it gliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiides for evahhhhhhhhhhhh. Too much kinetic energy to dissipate for that landing profile. I can make it 75% across the ocean east of the space center.

Along those lines... since it's sand box anyways... is there a recovery mod that we can use to just call it a day from orbit. Tired of loosing Kerbals to the deep blue ocean. I'd rather just click recover and pretend that Jeb greased it in at Spaceport, ready for another mission.

Edited by LawnDartLeo

Has anyone successfully de-orbited and landed with 4.20/1.04?

I have no issue surviving atmospheric reentry, that's the easy part. The "bounce" as I get lower in the atmosphere is, though. Still in the hot phase of reentry and all of the sudden I am climbing, fast, through the thicker part of the atmosphere. If anyone had made it home, where do you burn retrograde, from what altitude and what is your pitch profile as you descend? I'm starting from 100Km at the old mid mountain range point that was the spot back in 0.90 days and pitching 25° nose up. No overheat but it gliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiides for evahhhhhhhhhhhh. Too much kinetic energy to dissipate for that landing profile. I can make it 75% across the ocean east of the space center.

Along those lines... since it's sand box anyways... is there a recovery mod that we can use to just call it a day from orbit. Tired of loosing Kerbals to the deep blue ocean. I'd rather just click recover and pretend that Jeb greased it in at Spaceport, ready for another mission.

Which shuttle? Can you try testing reentry with your nose higher? I'll see if I can find time to test today; that is usually what keeps this stuff from getting fixed.

Greetings, anyone know if pack two (the station parts pack) will work properly with 1.0.4 without modification? I saw the download for the entire pack someone fixed and posted, but I'm really only looking for the station bits. I love the idea of the shuttle, cars, and whatnot, and everything is beautifully done, but have found in the past that I never actually end up using them...so it's just extra bloat clogging up my parts list :)

I grabbed the download a couple pages back and started testing. I've just started, so I hope this is useful info... I took a block 10 up and had no issues. It's a little "squirrelly" feeling with the roll axis, but other than that I was able to reenter and land without anything blowing up, on 120% heat. (stock no DRE).

The only issue encountered was that I could not recover the vessel after landing. I tried the recovery button at top, and I also tried the VAB main screen recover button, both give you the crew report but the icon remains. When you try to "fly" it again, the game crashed.

So for me, it would be a matter of figuring out why the no-recover thing, other than that it's playable, but needs tweeks. BTW I installed all updated dependancy's via CKAN for these tests (smoke, gimbal, etc)

Re-entry profile used

Starting from a roughly 80x80 km orbit, de-orbit burn over the great dessert, aim to put your trajectory line between the mountains and the KSC

flip around to head pro-grad and pitch your nose up to 25 degrees , keep the RCS on to help you, by the time you hit 60km alt, you should be going roughly 1800 or 1900 m/s

The nose will fight you to pitch down as you move down in the atmosphere, don't fight it too much, just keep it above the horizon.

By the time you hit about 800 m/s you should be lining up.

Works for me.

EDIT: Restarting the save allowed me to recover it. Strange. More testing coming

Edited by rottielover

Sorry if it was asked before but I couldn't find anything about it, is there a way to use FStextureSwitch2 to switch between Super 25 textures (change names)? I've tried coping the config from KSLO tanks, menu appears in the tewakables menu in the VAB but next texture button doesn't switch textures :(.

Thanks!!

Sorry if it was asked before but I couldn't find anything about it, is there a way to use FStextureSwitch2 to switch between Super 25 textures (change names)? I've tried coping the config from KSLO tanks, menu appears in the tewakables menu in the VAB but next texture button doesn't switch textures :(.

Thanks!!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68429?p=1261755&viewfull=1#post1261755

Thanks a lot Avalon!! :D

Ohh! and if you can please send me a .DDS of the Super 25 limited livery! I've tried to convert it myself with paint .net but it inverts all textures, and the dds converter gives me a directX error I can't fix.

Thanks again!!

Edited by Drakenex

I'm hit or miss getting in lawn dart. Sometimes if i'm super careful i can get in for landing w/o the shuttle flipping out but then i typically miss the runway. :) My latest SOP is get over KSC then pop chutes, it's the best i can do to make sure i stop losing orbiters. :)

Thanks a lot Avalon!! :D

Ohh! and if you can please send me a .DDS of the Super 25 limited livery! I've tried to convert it myself with paint .net but it inverts all textures, and the dds converter gives me a directX error I can't fix.

Thanks again!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1lsj0byrtrllx3/KSO_25_livery_edition.dds.zip?dl=1

So this is the kind of news/tease that I like to read:

https://twitter.com/Maxmaps/status/634101441054003201

Because it can only be good...

Now its by no means a confirmation of anything... but unless there are 64 really big features coming in 1.1... 64-bit support, actual, proper 64-bit support doesnt seem far off... and that excites me in more ways that I knew possible... just think of all the parts... all of them... every last one... so many parts.