[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Get the most recent update here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68429-0-90-Kerbin-Shuttle-Orbiter-System-v4-13?p=1943619&viewfull=1#post1943619

bV1F08q.png

sN4kehU.png

iSYE3ZU.png

XGGoNkj.png

ju2PJTv.png

rGhPWF7.png

rRTY5VE.png

IFA9srH.png

endkEAv.png

snKboGm.png

rO8Y5xM.jpg

HRN0BR9.jpg

This mod, contains the work of:

Dtobi, Space Shuttle Engines Gimbal Plugin

Mihara, Raster Prop Monitor

Snjo, Firespitter Plugin

Hyomoto, Customized Raster Prop Monitor screens

Sarbian, SmokeScreen Extended FX Plugin

Special thank you for their support, permission to use their plugins and making this thing possible.

Changelog

-Fixed an issue where previous version didn't get updated.
-Changed Space Shuttle Gimbal plugin folder name (Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal) to standardize it with the current version floating around.

-Fixed KMW Sedan to fix a missing texture reference.
-Fixed KMW Rover wheel to fix a missing attachment direction.
-Fixed Hydrolab ID bug.
-Fixed KSO EWBCL Navball text showing up.
-4.10-4.12 restores several files to their original Firespitter module usage. Skipped animations should now be fixed.

-Updated Klockheed Martian Space Shuttle Engine Gimbal plugins to the January 11th version.
-Updated craft files (EWBCL Block 4 and KSO Block 9) to make sure X trim is 14. Double check that the trim is 14 before launch.

-Updates plugins to the latest compatible ones where available.
-Updated Firespitter to the February compatibility fix.
-Updated JSI RasterProMonitor to the latest compatibility compile.
-Updated SmokeScreen to the latest version.
-Updated Module Manager to 2.5.9

4.09 Hot Fix
-Fixed: replaced FSanimateGeneric firespitter animation modules with stock ModuleAnimateGeneric.
-Fixed: Hotfix for rover wheel CFG that corrects arrow orientation and animation direction.
-Fixed: Hydrolab experimentId correction.

-Updated RPM (JSI) to 0.18.3 (for KSP 0.25).
-Updated Smokescreen to 2.5.0.0.
-Updated ModuleManager to 2.5.1.
-Updated: Klockheed Martian latest plugins.
-Updated: Firespitter latest plugin.

-Fixed: NRE Errors caused by the Fire Truck and the Patrol Sedan have been fixed. This error caused the lights out bug as well as terrible frame rates do to CPU/Memory usage.
-Fixed: Siren animations have been restored to both the Patrol Sedan and the Fire Truck.
-Fixed: All new craft files will be included.
-Fixed: Rover Wheels have a temporary fix that should prevent them from inverting when attaching a rover to a larger sub-assembly. Please report any bugs you may have.

-Disabled: Water Gun on Fire Truck has been disabled until further notice do to bug.

Known Bugs

-You may have issues with craft files when installing individual Packs. If you have a missing part, install the Complete Pack above, and please report the missing part in this thread.

-KSO 25 may have RCS Yaw control issues while in Zero-G. This is an ongoing balancing process like all previous phases. Turn off Rudder RCS (should be in action group default Key 7) for improved Yaw control in space.

-KSO 25 Moon Door docking coupler may be flipped in the RPM Docking CAM.

-EVA option may be unavailable on a module when first docking it. You will have to quicksave and either reload the save or exit the scene, and then return to the space craft using the Space Center.

-Observation Module Laptop buttons 1,2,3 (Numpad) will sometimes not work. EVA in and out of the Observation Module, or EVA into another module should clear the bug.

-Laptop screens may show an "Error Bad Redirect" notice when first loading. Hitting the Menu key should return you to the RPM main screen. If you are unable to access pages or the laptop becomes stuck, Quicksave. Exit the
scene (goto the Space Center) and reload the spacecraft with the laptop, this should clear it.

-Some Linux and Mac users may experience a bug where their ADI and HUD are dark and almost not visible. We have not found a solution to this bug but are working on it. You can turn off the HUD by looking at the pit panel shroud and clicking on the PWR button.

-Due to how fuel flows in KSP, when constructing a new Standard KSO you must start with the Cockpit, when building a Super 25 you must start with the EFT first. This is not a bug, but intended.

-Station Service Tug will not fly straight or translate properly with its RCS Arms extended. This is working as intended. If you want to maneuver the tug around, you must retract its arms. It will only maneuver properly with its arms extended if it has a weight,.. duh...

-The KSO Deadly Re-entry, or Ferram Aerospace. Compatibility with these mods was never intended. Users have reported that the KSO works alright with them but you may experience over-powered flight controls, parts breaking off during re-entry, or heavy-non responsive flight characteristics. Configurations are an ongoing process. Version 2.04 provides improved MechJeb and FAR support but it is still rudimentary. Please post on those mods threads for instructions on how to use those mods with the KSO.

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Updated link.

Launching the KSO with a small satellite

Landing the KSO

KSO Patch creation Kit

Because I've been asked a lot how I've made the patches, as well as permission to use the patches or make new ones, I'm including the KSO Patch creation kit so you can make your own! It is in PSD format and requires Photoshop CS5.1 or later or suitable program that can read and handle PSD files. Included is the BN Elements font used in the patches. Feel free to display them in your signatures and KSO related mission screenshots!

Download:

http://www./download/06hnltl5hiu2421/KSO_patch_creation_kit.zip

KSO Alternate Christening Names with Cockpits.

The default KSOS download contains the Resolute already.

Download:

http://www./download/6fazcwab5x47xo4/Alternate_Cockpits_v407.zip

Installation:

Option A: If you just want to replace your default name Resolute to something else or if you just want the blank texture to edit it yourself; Unpack the archive and navigate to the folder GameData/KSO/Parts/altnames inside you will find all three alternate textures. Pick the one that you want and rename it to kerbin_orbiter.tga making sure it's all lower case. Drag and drop this chosen texture into Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSO/Parts replacing your default kerbin_orbiter.tga.

Option B: If you want all four cockpits in the VAB, simply drag and drop the GameData folder (that you got after extracting the archive) into Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ overwriting any folder needed. In the VAB all four cockpits will appear (Resolute, Adamant, Tenacious, and Dauntless)

m3sQGwN.jpg

KSO EWBCL Super 25 Alternate Christening Names with Cockpits.

The default KSOS download contains the Ascension already.

Download:

http://www./download/hwdfjtekx91eiff/KSO_25_Alt_Textures.zip

or if you would like to have all four cockpits visible:

http://www./download/c01alla2e52lit6/altnames_super25.zip

-alternate config file by bwheatley

Installation:

If you just want to replace your default name Ascension to something else or if you just want the blank texture to edit it yourself; Unpack the archive and navigate to the folder with name you want. Drag and drop the GameData folder contained in the chosen folder into your KSP installation folder (replacing all folders and the KSO_25.tga as needed). Alternatively you can download the second file which allows you to have all four fuselage names in the VAB. Extract the archive altnames_super25.zip and drag and drop the GameData folder into your KSP installation folder.

WxAaCqT.jpg

AR-KSO10 Autopilot System, for MechJeb2 Users.

vCpG8Ob.jpg

Requirements:

You must have MechJeb2 latest version installed.

Download:

http://www./download/fm4yvd055555ym2/KSO_MechJeb2.zip

Installation:

Unpack archive. Drag and drop the Parts folder contained in the archive into your Kerbal Space Program/GameData/MechJeb2 folder.

-Support for MechJeb2 is a work in progress. A default KSO Block 7 will require a bit of experience and skill to work well with MechJeb. You may need to customize your KSO to take full advantage of MechJeb features. I've tested the KSO plus MechJeb thoroughly and it powers all my missions building the KSS (using Phase II parts). It has not given me any issues and I really didn't add or change anything to a stock KSO Block 7 craft file (aside from my payload). Make sure RCS is off when using MechJeb and the KSO as well as have both the KSO Avionics and the KSO Hinged Radome as they both provide additional needed torque that helps MechJeb torque properly.

-Make sure that the OMS engines are set to Pitch Trim 14 and Speed 100, otherwise MechJeb will not be able to properly control your KSO in vacuum.

-You can place this part anywhere, it does not have to be radially mounted and functions the same as a stock MechJeb2 AR202.

License

Permission is granted to the MechJeb team, to use, modify, re-upload, redistribute, as well as include this asset in their mod package.

KSOS Mod Kit, for Advanced Modders Only.

ckPiuZw.jpg

Notes:

-The Mod kit is provided as-is. Please do not PM me regarding how to make mods, mod support, help making a mod, or for additional assets. The kit provided is more than enough for a seasoned KSP modder that already has parts made to be able to scale their parts to fit the KSO, or to create new parts that fit both KSO cargo bays.

-I'm just a graphic artist, I don't do any plugins or anything technical. That means that although your part may fit and be designed to function in the KSO cargo bays, there is no guarantee that they will function properly with a KSO in game. Nazari and I cannot provide technical support for your mod, neither can we change the mod to cater to various 3rd part mods made for it (that includes changing the CoM, weights, torques, etcetera).

Download:

http://www./download/7qgybqqqnr97646/KSOS_Mod_Kit.zip

Files Included:

Included are various versions of the kit, in 3ds, Blend, DAE, and OBJ. Use which ever works best for you.

License

-Textures: You are free to use the textures included in the kit in your project, redistribute, modify, etcetera.

-3D Meshes: Use the meshes as a guide when creating your own parts.

-Otherwise any part you make using this kit, you are free to distribute, modify, release, etcetera.

Edited by helldiver

tried to make it in the spaceplane hungar.problem with the elevon wings.they don't attach correctly.In iva kerbal heads are missing.mfds don't show anything.will check a few things to make sure is everything is in the proper folder.

edit:everything seems to be in order and theres enough ram for the mod to load.hmm...any ideas?

edit: I found the issue...it was a ram issue.just for a few MB's...

anyway.it was awesome and everything worked great!the cockpit and the mfds are awesome!

only one thing is missing.could you make so that the cargo bay could be opened in VAB like B9's cargo bays?or at least can you tell me what to do in order to have the cargo bay always open in VAB?

Edited by techstepman

tried to make it in the spaceplane hungar.problem with the elevon wings.they don't attach correctly.In iva kerbal heads are missing.mfds don't show anything.will check a few things to make sure is everything is in the proper folder.

edit:everything seems to be in order and theres enough ram for the mod to load.hmm...any ideas?

Are you installing things separately?

You need to extract the GameData folder included in the download.

Simply drag and drop that GameData folder into your KSP installation and overwrite your GameData folder. That should place all the required files into the proper folders.

Small problem, which killed my Jeb, if you exit the shuttle the kerbal doesn't hold on to the hatch.

Tested it on land.

We're trying to figure this bug out. Shouldn't have killed your Jebediah however, hrm...

Finally a proper Shuttle mod! beautiful

Dammit, with me being at the limit of mods KSP can handle i had hoped this mod would go easy on the file size department, i've had to remove B9 and KW just to test it.

Any plans for a low res version in the not too distant future?

I'm hoping for this as well, the KSO folder is 250mb

I think it is too hard to fly as twice when I got rid of the LRBs one knocked off the right wing, and the time I got it into space the engines were not powerful enough to completer the burn before it fell back into the atmosphere.

I think it is too hard to fly as twice when I got rid of the LRBs one knocked off the right wing, and the time I got it into space the engines were not powerful enough to completer the burn before it fell back into the atmosphere.

You think an asymmetrical shuttle setup should be easy to fly? I guess it could be . . . but that's incredibly hard. I've tried making my own shuttle out of the shuttle engines pack and it's an extremely uphill battle getting a stable setup. Took me an entire weekend to reach orbit consistently.

Dammit, with me being at the limit of mods KSP can handle i had hoped this mod would go easy on the file size department, i've had to remove B9 and KW just to test it.

Out of memory here too. Sadly I can't remove any mods since all the misc extra parts are presently being used on active craft. Sigh. Guess I'll just have to wait for KSP x64.