[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Are you playing the game in a window?

I experience bugs with RPM when I alt+tab or when I play in windowed mode (SLI NVidia 680's). In fact my whole game will turn blue and the MFD's will sometimes go hay-wire. Wondering if you a similar issue as I do when playing in a window.

Occasionally I play windowed (whenever I want to record something), but generally I'm fullscreen. I am, however, on Mac OS-X with a tiny 1280x800 main screen and more often on a 2048x1152 second display. RPM definitely goes wacko on the second display.

I like the idea of RPM and the MFDs in general, but never saw a practical use until now... so I never bothered to debug or track down the issues I'm having. Might give that a stab tonight too, and dig through the RPM thread.

To not derail the thread too much into RPM - have you (or anyone) tried putting flags on the wings using Starvision's flags? (They might need minor tweaks to their attach depth in the cfgs to work right, though.)

Well, it's a given considering how bad stock atmosphere is. The Shuttle probably suffered really badly from this. With proper drag model and (presumably) no payload, it's no wonder it got to Kerbin escape velocity.

Hey another thing, when using the OMS at full throttle it spins the craft around, is there a button I'm meant to press?

Edit: also yaw is another thing about the shuttle, it is very hard to yaw (when in atmos)

Edited by Boamere

Found an other bug, or maybe more of an incompatibility with Linux.

Linux has a case sensitive files system and thus some files cannot be found due to case mismatch in GameData/KSO/RPM/KSIforkKSO.cfg.

All the lines with Hyomoto/MFD/Menus/ should be changed to Hyomoto/MFD/menus/

I haven't looked if there are other case mismatches.

Found an other bug, or maybe more of an incompatibility with Linux.

Linux has a case sensitive files system and thus some files cannot be found due to case mismatch in GameData/KSO/RPM/KSIforkKSO.cfg.

All the lines with Hyomoto/MFD/Menus/ should be changed to Hyomoto/MFD/menus/

I haven't looked if there are other case mismatches.

http://www./download/oouab9ik5wakg07/KSIforKSO.cfg

does that resolve it?

I want those screens in all my crafts! It makes even simple mission very fun experience when you have stuff to play with! No need for time warp since playing with buttons will keep you busy. Question is - will the shuttle get to the Mün orbit? I think yes! Well, lets cook some coffe and do this!

Testing with the latest dev build of MJ (#168), using the provided example spacecraft;

1 - MJ does not recognize LRB burnout, LRB's must be manually separated.

2 - There are two Seperatrons missing from the LH LRB, and there are too many/badly placed Seperatrons in general (the LRB's go into a rapid spin very close to and very nearly recontact the Orbiter rather than separating cleanly).

3 - After the coast, at the start of the circularization burn, there is a rapid pitch excursion (trim angle is unchanged from launch) and there does not appear to be sufficient SAS torque to overcome this, resulting in an improper (50 odd x 120 odd km) orbit.

Nice vehicle, and one I'm looking forward to using, but a few bugs to be worked out... :)

I have noticed that with DeadlyReentry enabled:

1. Orbiter survives reentry (yay!)

2. However, during ascent main engines overheat and blow up EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

You have been warned.

I used deadly reentry, and I haven't had this problem, but I set my periapsis to 20km, and hold a 20 degree angle of attack on reentry

Testing with the latest dev build of MJ (#168), using the provided example spacecraft;

1) I noticed when testing it with MechJeb, but that was also the firt time I've installed MJ. Is there some setting that can be done on our end to fix it?

2) the placement of the Separatrons was done by helldiver really late last night, but yeah needs adjusting :0.

3) You need to toggle off the pitch trim for your main engines when you drop the tank(you can action group it), or turn them off and use OMS at a full 14 degrees.

There should not be loss of control if you are coasting with main engines at a gimbal range of 14, + your tank attached.

Edited by Nazari1382

2 - There are two Seperatrons missing from the LH LRB, and there are too many/badly placed Seperatrons in general (the LRB's go into a rapid spin very close to and very nearly recontact the Orbiter rather than separating cleanly).

3 - After the coast, at the start of the circularization burn, there is a rapid pitch excursion (trim angle is unchanged from launch) and there does not appear to be sufficient SAS torque to overcome this, resulting in an improper (50 odd x 120 odd km) orbit.

Nice vehicle, and one I'm looking forward to using, but a few bugs to be worked out... :)

I've solved the sas torque problem by just adding another in the cargo bay.

Try using the Smart Parts fuel-level sensors on your boosters to automatically stage them away when empty.