[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Found an other bug, or maybe more of an incompatibility with Linux.

Linux has a case sensitive files system and thus some files cannot be found due to case mismatch in GameData/KSO/RPM/KSIforkKSO.cfg.

All the lines with Hyomoto/MFD/Menus/ should be changed to Hyomoto/MFD/menus/

I haven't looked if there are other case mismatches.

I put out a dev build to try and solve the Linux issue. I'm not entirely sure, but you should be able to update my files without affecting KSO.

RCS produces quite a bit of torque when translating :/

Also don't try to re-enter with FAR and no fuel, the shuttle twists like crazy without SAS, and with it on it accelerates the craft due to the SAS acting very strongly to keep it from spinning out XD

Don't take my criticism wrongly, just a few FAR related annoyances and other bugs/ little things :)

EDIT: Still have no idea why OMS didn't work though :o

I'm trying to change the sounds of the engines to match those of the ones in the KW rocketry pack, but it seems like everything i try doesn't work and they use the same sounds as default, any help?

1) I noticed when testing it with MechJeb, but that was also the firt time I've installed MJ. Is there some setting that can be done on our end to fix it?

2) the placement of the Separatrons was done by helldiver really late last night, but yeah needs adjusting :0.

3) You need to toggle off the pitch trim for your main engines when you drop the tank(you can action group it), or turn them off and use OMS at a full 14 degrees.

There should not be loss of control if you are coasting with main engines at a gimbal range of 14, + your tank attached.

1) I'm just a (very) satisfied user, you'd have to ask sarbian or one of the code heavies over in the MJ thread for help.

2) Hah, OK. :)

3) OK, there shouldn't be a loss of control, but there is. Disabling trim makes it worse. Toggling off the main engines and using only the OMS makes it worse. Adding SAS modules in the cargo bay only delays the onset of instability.

When you were testing it with MJ, where was your AR202 case mounted?

Excellent job on this! The amount of detail is crazy. The engine effects and the IVA in particular... I've said this before but I love the "coziness" of the cabin and crew deck. It really feels authentic to a real space shuttle cockpit. Playing with this right now as we speak! :)

Just wanted to add another "Great job!" to the pile. Haven't flown it yet, but assuming my mod-crazy install can handle it, it will be tonight. The IVA looks incredible.

Also, it may have just made my current minishuttle (B9) obsolete! :)

So there are 3 big engines and only 2 small one? Is that correct?

Yes here is the default setup:

G9wahio.jpg

Here's what I recommend if you've had control problems:

1)If you're using the craft file, remove all the engines in the hagar. Place them yourself in the setup I showed above. Right click on all 5 engines and set the pitch trim to 14 and the speed to 100.

2) create an action group to toggle the trim on the 3 main shuttle engines.

3) When you activate your engines at launch you should see them kick to the 14 degree angle. After releasing the boosters during ascent you should be able to maintain control with the 3 main engines and see the gimbal functioning. You should be in the "coast to Apoapsis" stage now and you may want to have low or 0 throttle until you're in space.

4) watch the fuel in the orange tank. When it hits 0, cut your throttle to 0 and release the tank. Toggle pitch trim on your main engines off. you can now thrust directly forward with them. However, the OMS thrusters are more efficient. You can shutdown the main engines and use the OMS instead. They should be at 14 on the pitch trim when you right click on them.

BTW - you should not need RCS until you are pushing the shuttle away from the orange tank. Keep SAS ON.

Edited by Nazari1382

MAN its been like a century and a half untill this finally released. dont you think you might spent TOO much time on it? i mean, i would have excepted something much less bug free than this but i guess its worth the wait.

MAN its been like a century and a half untill this finally released. dont you think you might spent TOO much time on it? i mean, i would have excepted something much less bug free than this but i guess its worth the wait.

so its taken too long to be released, but we should spend less time on it, yet have more bugs fixed? Do you even english?

Some recommendations:

1) Speed up the effects on the LRB's

2) Possibly use custom sounds or allow better usage of custom ones as i cannot seem to do so

3) cryo effects from the Klockheed Martian pack :D

4) Larger smoke FX for the LRB's as they look weak right now

5) custom separation motors for the LRB's that look nice and not bulky like separatrons

all in all good mod and very happy :)

At what point are you unable to control it, and do you have the tank on?

At the start of (MJ's) circularization burn there is a large pitch excursion and insufficient SAS force to overcome it. Yes, the tank is still on. The pitch excursion also happens with the tank off and burning only on the OMS engines.

At the start of (MJ's) circularization burn there is a large pitch excursion and insufficient SAS force to overcome it. Yes, the tank is still on. The pitch excursion also happens with the tank off and burning only on the OMS engines.

I noticed MJ doing something similar with my own shuttle design using other parts when I let the autopilot fly it. I think you're experiencing an MJ problem, not an problem with this mod.

Ok, when I used MechJeb, it was able to get me into orbit, but it did a bad job of it. It burned too much fuel in atmosphere. Maybe this can be configured better in the MechJeb menu. However, Helldiver isn't releasing this as a mod that supports MechJeb. Maybe in the near future. For now, once you're apoapsis is high enough, meaning 70-90 km, I suggest finishing your burn manually if MJ's giving you problems. I have done tons of manual orbits with the current setup.

Ok, when I used MechJeb, it was able to get me into orbit, but it did a bad job of it. It burned too much fuel in atmosphere. Maybe this can be configured better in the MechJeb menu. However, Helldiver isn't releasing this as a mod that supports MechJeb. Maybe in the near future. For now, once you're apoapsis is high enough, meaning 70-90 km, I suggest finishing your burn manually if MJ's giving you problems. I have done tons of manual orbits with the current setup.

Hey Nazari, would it be okay to upload YouTube videos featuring this pack? I am in love with it and after just doing a successful landing I really want to show this mod. I really appreciate you and the rest of the team's work on this. Just wanted to hear what the word was from a dev. :)

YouTube videos featuring this pack?

yeah of course, you can share them in the thread too. About the OMS control problems - I really don't know what the issue is, because I tested them a few minutes ago and they are functioning just fine in orbit. The SAS keeps the nose steady even at full thrust. Make sure you have an avionics unit under the nosecone too.