[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Is this an official change in policy? Because it has been touted as being MJ compatible as a release goal until now.

If it burned too much fuel in the atmosphere, there's a variety of settings that can cause that. (Mine certainly is not doing so.) MJ misbehavior can be as much if not more due to poor understanding of the settings as to any error on the part of MJ itself. (MJ is not entirely the 'easy button' it's often believed to be, but also a tool that you have to learn how to use.) If you need help in working out how MJ works (as you said it's your first experience with it), I can help or you can ask in the MJ thread for testers.

There's still pitch excursions when flying manually w/ SAS enabled, just not as bad.

I don't remember helldiver touting compatibility with MechJeb as an actual feature, but I will be looking into making it not conflict with other mods where possible. The thing is, we have spent a ton of time getting it to work as is, on a stock install, without taking outside mods into account. Also - it does work. We have tested it a TON with manual flights. I'll see about MJ though.

When fuel in boosters gets low craft become bit unstable and need actually some active control by player, but it can be adjusted by different ascent profile. Trim of small engines does not work if you activate them by hand or by action group, they have to be activated by staging.

I have a suggestion for the mod, it's one I've been doing on some crappy rockets that I made(and never released), and I think it's a neat idea. I place a flat plane on the craft somewhere, and use that to name my ships. It's a texture file, separate from the rest of the rocket, that allows me to go in and edit the texture of just that plane. I think you could do this for the shuttle name as well. Replace the "Resolute" on the side with a flat plane, and then give us a texture file to name it at our leisure. That way we could make our own fleets of shuttles and name them what we want, instead of using the one in the stock game.

Hello, Helldiver and all. I'm working on my own shuttle, Helldiver, you inspired me. :)

It's going to be more blunt, and probably a bit smaller.

Your shuttle is so cute, Helldiver; it makes me cry... ;.;

Well, here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68514-WIP-My-Shuttle-Orbiter-Tribute-to-Helldiver-ALSO-QUESTIONS-Feedback-pwees%21

:D

(Not advertising or trying to divert attention, don't worry. :))

Replace the "Resolute" on the side with a flat plane, and then give us a texture file to name it at our leisure.

It's actually easier for a user to edit the tga that the command pod uses, and it'll look better than using a new section of geometry slapped on the side.

As I'm launching, right before the LRB's get close to separation, the entire craft will pitch very weird and sometimes flip out of control. I'm using FAR and i suspect this may be the problem but I'm not sure. Is anyone else having this issue? :)

It's actually easier for a user to edit the tga that the command pod uses, and it'll look better than using a new section of geometry slapped on the side.

Maybe it's easier for one craft. But, if you do that, you have to replicate the tga file for every craft you want to have a separate name for. That's 16.8 megabytes per rename. If you use the flat piece of geometry and apply a small texture to it, you're using at most an extra kilobyte for the name texture.

If you dont activate small engines by pressing space trim will not work...

Also, if you switch to another craft, return to the Space Center, or exit the game and later reload the orbiter, the trim on the OMS engines doesn't work. I never noticed the issue when I was flying straight up and coming right back down. Definitely an issue (for me) after a reload.

Sippy: could be. Try it without FAR and see how you do. Keep your ascent steeper than 45 degrees and lose the boosters immediately when they run out. Try the newest upload with the tweaked seperatrons on the boosters if you want.

Also: looking at the OMS engines bug. Activate your OMS engines by staging them for now.

MAN its been like a century and a half untill this finally released. dont you think you might spent TOO much time on it? i mean, i would have excepted something much less bug free than this but i guess its worth the wait.

The delay was far beyond my control. Understand that I depend on someone knowledgeable with Unity and KSP plugins in order to get this to function. Especially someone with community connections and who would know what is out there. Although Nazari had contacted me very early in the project (like the second post after I announced my plans), a mix up in PM's confused me into thinking he didn't have the time to dedicate to this.

Fast forward to January, after ZRM dropped off and Nazari contacted me again. It was pretty much the only reason I continued as well as the incredible support from the KSP community. I owed you guys this thing since I would be frustrated to not have such a project as well.

Regarding the bugs; We both knew there would be bugs on release. I posted about it several days leading up to release and even warned that the first version may be taken down causing craft file errors. I think things have gone very smoothly given my lack of experience with KSP modding and given the complexity of this project.

Nazari came in and got this going on the technical side and he can tell you how nit-picky I am and how I want everything to look, feel, and play perfectly.

Most of the remaining bugs are simple fixes that should not require new games/craft files.

We are aware of the bugs with the OMS engines, as well as the FAR, and DRE issues. For those wanting a smaller texture package, try the low resolution textures linked under the download.

Sippy: could be. Try it without FAR and see how you do. Keep your ascent steeper than 45 degrees and lose the boosters immediately when they run out. Try the newest upload with the tweaked seperatrons on the boosters if you want.

I suspect it's because my ascent profile is too shallow, because i have FAR my ascent profile has to be much more shallow so i'll try changing the shape in Mechjeb steeper and see

The delay was far beyond my control. Understand that I depend on someone knowledgeable with Unity and KSP plugins in order to get this to function. Especially someone with community connections and who would know what is out there. Although Nazari had contacted me very early in the project (like the second post after I announced my plans), a mix up in PM's confused me into thinking he didn't have the time to dedicate to this.

Fast forward to January, after ZRM dropped off and Nazari contacted me again. It was pretty much the only reason I continued as well as the incredible support from the KSP community. I owed you guys this thing since I would be frustrated to not have such a project as well.

Regarding the bugs; We both knew there would be bugs on release. I posted about it several days leading up to release and even warned that the first version may be taken down causing craft file errors. I think things have gone very smoothly given my lack of experience with KSP modding and given the complexity of this project.

Nazari came in and got this going on the technical side and he can tell you how nit-picky I am and how I want everything to look, feel, and play perfectly.

Most of the remaining bugs are simple fixes that should not require new games/craft files.

We are aware of the bugs with the OMS engines, as well as the FAR, and DRE issues. For those wanting a smaller texture package, try the low resolution textures linked under the download.

Obviously we can't thank you enough for making one of if not THE best mod ever. However it was pure evil to keep us hanging with those unbelievably sexy screenshots. Could've released just the model with no working CFGs in the development thread, I really don't care about the bugs, nor do I care if it really flies, I just wanted to play around with the fantastic models and you wouldn't let us.