[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Thanks again. I was but it failed prompting my original test and post. Must be a direct mod conflict somewhere I'll have to go through it all and see which one is causing the issue.

Were you using the basic or aggressive version of active texture management. If it was the aggressive version that yes, its probable that there was a conflict. Unfortunately, I cant help you there.

Were you using the basic or aggressive version of active texture management. If it was the aggressive version that yes, its probable that there was a conflict. Unfortunately, I cant help you there.

Thanks again Avalon,

I am/was using the basic version. About to do some tests on individual mods to see if there was a specific conflict or simply the volume of mods. I'm doubing the later since I'm running 64-bit, have ample memory, and am using active texture management.

Unfortunately there is no crash or Exception listed in the logs, it simply dies during texture loading which would be consistant with a memory issue. I can try the aggresive version to compare against but if that's error prone it might not be a worth while test.

I'll keep playing around and if I find something specific I'll make sure to report it.

It's an awesome mod! :D

KSP can use 64-bit Unity in Linux, but there seems to be no advantages in memory use. Accoring to a comment I read in the Bug Reports forum, this is probably due to a bug in the Unity .png handler

I've gotten to the point in my career mode where it's easy to build my own spaceplanes for sending crews to orbit and the 3.75 m rockets make it more efficient to launch multiple cargos at once, so my KSOs have gotten a little dusty in their hangars (still love them, though). But for me, the station parts are indispensable.

Case and point: my Interplanetary Transfer Vehicle Navalla

Javascript is disabled. View full album

A little over 6.1 km/s deltaV with accommodations for 5 kerbals, destined for Duna. The only things missing now are the lander, science packages, and the crew.

helldiver, I'd suggest releasing the EWBCL in a separate pack, like Nertea did with NFP. It would be helpful to people wishing to use it without needing the bulk of KSO parts.

helldiver, I'd suggest releasing the EWBCL in a separate pack, like Nertea did with NFP. It would be helpful to people wishing to use it without needing the bulk of KSO parts.

Hmm. I can see both sides of that argument. One will say, just delete what you don't need, and the other will say, we don't know what we need. I personally think that the S25 should be released separately, as it has no actual dependencies, in size or shape to the rest of the pack, while the parts for the normal KSO and the KSSP are interlinked, and have a certain size factor to them that is not commonly used.

It really isn't hard to seperate the files yourself. KSO parts end with "kso." Station parts start with "ss." I imagine it'll be similar for the Super 25.

Sure, I'll separate it myself if needed. Having options from the start, though, would be really nice.

I've had nothing but trouble editing the ksoblank texture (from the alternate cockpits add on). Would someone be willing to write up a step by step guide for editing the cockpit name? I'd be so grateful!

Sure, I'll separate it myself if needed. Having options from the start, though, would be really nice.

Alright, let me expand on that.

Like Freeman said, it would take you just a few minutes to delete or not move parts you don't want.

So what happens if I split the mod into three+ sub mods to make it more convenient for you?

-We don't have an installer. If someone where to program a Mod installer for us (or for the KSP modding community in general), then we could probably have a system that allows you to cherry pick what parts of a mod you'd like. One reason why I support moving all of KSP Modding to the Nexus. Nexus manager allows mod authors to create an installer script enabling the end users to cherry pick parts of the mod they wish to install.

-We're just gamers like you with limited time and only so much of that to devote to modding

-Because the mod uses resources from one part to the other, and because the mod relies on RPM resources I made that are shared, it becomes a troubleshooting nightmare when I update one part of the mod (for example the KSO) and then have to make sure those updates get to all the other mods (Satellite Parts, KSO 25).

-There are way too many files and it is too easy to forget one, or screw up the download. Forget to update a DLL in one and then we can't figure out why someone is having an issue in the Station IVAs but they work fine in the KSO. Crap like that starts to happen and has happened already in our project, hence the migration and consolidation of the RPM folders.

-Then we have the issue of having to upload 3 separate Zip files, plus another 3 Separate zip files to Mediafire, plus all the various alternate files after the first 3 got changes. And if I discover an issue in one, odds are it affects the other two so they all have to be tracked down and updated.

-Making changes to one file make it easier for Nazari and I to drag and drop those changes to any other similar file within the same installation environment.

So in the end, what would you guys rather me spend my time? Hounding down and verifying three separate mods and dealing with all the issues and potential bugs that would cause? Or spending that time on new mods and content for the KSOS project?

Honestly I am against moving KSP add-ons to nexus mods. With my internet on the non-premium downloads on nexus I can't download stuff. The speed for download is so slow the download times out, and I am not going to pay money to download an add-on.

So in the end, what would you guys rather me spend my time? Hounding down and verifying three separate mods and dealing with all the issues and potential bugs that would cause? Or spending that time on new mods and content for the KSOS project?

Understood. Go for new content; we'll pick 'n place what we need then.

Waiting patiently for KSO 25, in the mean time. :)

Ok, so I've only a small problem with KSO. When I separate the SRB's from the External fuel tank, I have to manually keep the shuttle straight, otherwise the whole thing will keep spinning around because of the uneven thrust from the shuttle. When I watched your launch profile vid, I almost exactly replicated that and still the same. I have tried it with and without the autonomous computer, I have used the already built one and built my own, and nothing changes. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it supposed to do that. Plus SAS does not make any difference at all.

I would attempt to find an answer in this thread, but I really do not want to have to comb through 314 pages of posts to do so.

I don't think anyone minds cherry-picking for themselves - but I think the question that those people have is "which parts do I need to keep in order for this to work properly?"

For those who want to use just the station parts, for instance, it would be helpful to know what else could be safely deleted. As I discovered when I tried to do the same, it's not always immediately apparent. Would it be possible, perhaps, to have an install guide that tells people what files must be kept for this?

Ok, so I've only a small problem with KSO. When I separate the SRB's from the External fuel tank, I have to manually keep the shuttle straight, otherwise the whole thing will keep spinning around because of the uneven thrust from the shuttle. When I watched your launch profile vid, I almost exactly replicated that and still the same. I have tried it with and without the autonomous computer, I have used the already built one and built my own, and nothing changes. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it supposed to do that. Plus SAS does not make any difference at all.

I would attempt to find an answer in this thread, but I really do not want to have to comb through 314 pages of posts to do so.

Are you sure the shuttle engines are trimmed all the way? right click them to see, the trim slider should be all the way to the right. Also are only the main engines running? Running the OMS too might cause instability

I don't think anyone minds cherry-picking for themselves - but I think the question that those people have is "which parts do I need to keep in order for this to work properly?"

For those who want to use just the station parts, for instance, it would be helpful to know what else could be safely deleted. As I discovered when I tried to do the same, it's not always immediately apparent. Would it be possible, perhaps, to have an install guide that tells people what files must be kept for this?

Station part files start with 'ss'.

Mini Shuttle parts end with 'kso'.

So if you only want the shuttle delete everything with 'ss' and if you only want the station parts delete everything with 'kso'.

Are you sure the shuttle engines are trimmed all the way? right click them to see, the trim slider should be all the way to the right. Also are only the main engines running? Running the OMS too might cause instability

Thanks man, totally fixed it :) knew I as doing something wrong.

Here you go:

KSOS v208 PART PICKER GUIDE

KSOS_v208.zip CONTENTs:

GameData\Firespitter\ ## Required for parts with firespitter animations. So leave it alone.
GameData\JSI\ ## Required for MFDs. So leave it alone. Used in SS and KSO parts.
GameData\Klockheed_Martian\ ## Engine gimbal plugin. Leave it alone if you want the KSO.

GameData\KSO\FX\ ## particle effects and rocket cfg's for KSO rockets.

GameData\KSO\Parts\avionicskso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Flight Computer
GameData\KSO\Parts\boosterkso.mu+.cfg ## OA-850 Liquid Fuel Booster
GameData\KSO\Parts\cgholdkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Cargo Bay
GameData\KSO\Parts\commandkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Cockpit
GameData\KSO\Parts\decouplerkso.mu+.cfg ## TT-750 (KSO LFB decouplers)
GameData\KSO\Parts\dockingkso.mu+.cfg ## OA-D12 Docking Module (the small one)
GameData\KSO\Parts\dockstandardkso.mu+.cfg ## OA-D24 Docking Module (the large one - can double as a right-angle SS part.)
GameData\KSO\Parts\fuelkso.mu+.cfg ## Thrustmax External Fuel Tank
GameData\KSO\Parts\hingedradomekso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Radome (hinged)
GameData\KSO\Parts\ksoavionics.mu ## leftover model of KSO Radome with avionics built-in (I think). No CFG file.
GameData\KSO\Parts\leftelevkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Left Elevon
GameData\KSO\Parts\leftgearkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Left Main Gear
GameData\KSO\Parts\leftwingkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Left Wing
GameData\KSO\Parts\lightlongkso.mu+.cfg ## ChemKorp Mystery Goo Light
GameData\KSO\Parts\lightlongredkso.mu+.cfg ## ChemKorp Mystery Goo Light
GameData\KSO\Parts\lightroundkso.mu+.cfg ## ChemKorp Mystery Goo Light
GameData\KSO\Parts\lightroundredkso.mu+.cfg ## ChemKorp Mystery Goo Light
GameData\KSO\Parts\lightshortkso.mu+.cfg ## ChemKorp Mystery Goo Light
GameData\KSO\Parts\lightshortredkso.mu+.cfg ## ChemKorp Mystery Goo Light
GameData\KSO\Parts\nosegearkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Nose Gear
GameData\KSO\Parts\omskso.mu+.cfg ## Omnimax 40T (small KSO engines)
GameData\KSO\Parts\rearkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Engine Mount
GameData\KSO\Parts\rearplanekso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Tail Plane
GameData\KSO\Parts\rightelevkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Right Elevon
GameData\KSO\Parts\rightgearkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Right Main Gear
GameData\KSO\Parts\rightwingkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Right Wing
GameData\KSO\Parts\ss2pointextkso.mu+.cfg ## OA-2C Coupling, Extension
GameData\KSO\Parts\ss3pointhubkso.mu+.cfg ## OA-3C Coupling, T
GameData\KSO\Parts\ss4pointhubkso.mu+.cfg ## OA-4C Coupling, 4 Way
GameData\KSO\Parts\ss6pointhubkso.mu+.cfg ## OA-6C Coupling, 6 Way
GameData\KSO\Parts\ss6pointocto1kso.mu+.cfg ## Octagonal 6 Way Hub
GameData\KSO\Parts\ss6pointocto2kso.mu+.cfg ## Octagonal 6 Way Frame Hub
GameData\KSO\Parts\ss6pointsquarekso.mu+.cfg ## Square Truss Hub
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssauxfuelkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Auxiliary Fuel Supply
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssdecouplerkso.mu+.cfg ## Module Coupling Adapter (SS Cupola adapter for placing it with the SS Tug)
GameData\KSO\Parts\sshandholdkso.mu+.cfg ## Hand Holds
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssmodcupolakso.mu+.cfg ## Observation Module (SS Cupola)
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssmoddockkso.mu+.cfg ## Station Docking Module
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssmodhabkso.mu+.cfg ## Habitat
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssmodhydrokso.mu+.cfg ## GreenLab
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssmodlabkso.mu+.cfg ## KerbalLab
GameData\KSO\Parts\sspanelmedkso.mu+.cfg ## Standard, Solar Panel Array
GameData\KSO\Parts\sspanelslargekso.mu+.cfg ## Advanced, Large Solar Array
GameData\KSO\Parts\sspanelsmallkso.mu+.cfg ## Single Solar Panel Pane
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssport1kso.mu+.cfg ## Docking Port, Standard
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssport2kso.mu+.cfg ## Docking Port, Octagonal
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssport3kso.mu+.cfg ## Docking Port, Small
GameData\KSO\Parts\ssport4kso.mu+.cfg ## Docking Port, Square Small
GameData\KSO\Parts\sspowerkso.mu+.cfg ## Station Power Module
GameData\KSO\Parts\sstruss1kso.mu+.cfg ## Solar Panel Truss (square truss)
GameData\KSO\Parts\sstruss2kso.mu+.cfg ## Octagonal Truss
GameData\KSO\Parts\sstugmodulekso.mu+.cfg ## Station Service Tug
GameData\KSO\Parts\stackmountkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Centerline Mounting Shroud
GameData\KSO\Parts\tailrudderkso.mu+.cfg ## KSO Vertical Control Surface
GameData\KSO\Parts\thrustmaxkso.mu+.cfg ## Thrustmax 200 (large KSO engines)

GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_lifter.tga ## (KSO Lifter and Decoupler Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_lifter_emis.tga ## (KSO Lifter and Decoupler Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_lifter_norm_NRM.tga ## (KSO Lifter and Decoupler Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Docking Module and GOO Lights Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod_emis.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Docking Module and GOO Lights Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod_norm_NRM.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Docking Module and GOO Lights Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_emis.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_engines.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Engine Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_engines_emis.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Engine Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_engines_norm_NRM.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Engine Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_norm_NRM.tga ## (KSO Shuttle Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station.tga ## (SS parts, Tug, Solar Panels, KSO Inline Adapter, and Docking Port Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station_emis.tga ## (SS parts, Tug, Solar Panels, KSO Inline Adapter, and Docking Port Texture Files)
GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station_norm_NRM.tga ## (SS parts, Tug, Solar Panels, KSO Inline Adapter, and Docking Port Texture Files)

GameData\KSO\RPM\ ## Just leave it alone.

GameData\KSO\Spaces\internalkso\ ## (KSO Shuttle IVA)
GameData\KSO\Spaces\internalstation\ ## (IVA's for Cupola and Labs)
GameData\KSO\Spaces\ksocmd\ ## (cfg and interior model for SS Cupola)
GameData\KSO\Spaces\ksohab\ ## (cfg and interior model for SS Habitat)
GameData\KSO\Spaces\ksohydro\ ## (cfg and interior model plus microscope textures for SS GreenLab)
GameData\KSO\Spaces\ksoscience\ ## (cfg and interior model plus microscope textures for SS KerbaLab)
GameData\KSO\Spaces\ksotug\ ## (SS Tug IVA)

GameData\MechJeb2RPM\ ## MechJeb plugin DLL. Needed for MFDs.
GameData\SCANsatRPM\ ## SMARTass plugin DLL. Needed for MFDs.
GameData\SmokeScreen\ ## Smoke effect plugin DLL. Leave it alone if you want the KSO.
GameData\ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll ## Leave it alone.

Ships\SPH\KSO Block 7 for SPH.craft ## KSO Shuttle craft file.
Ships\VAB\KSO Block 7.craft ## KSO Shuttle craft file.
Ships\VAB\KSO Block 7 Top Mounted.craft ## KSO Shuttle craft file.

KSO Basic Launch Guide.pdf
KSO_README.txt

This is not all inclusive and it is quite possible there are errors. Please anybody chime in with corrections and I'll edit it to reflect them.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

The RPM folder looks to contain all the configs and texture files for the MFD screens. Your gonna wanna keep that one as both the KSO and Station IVAs use it.

EDIT: Potentially, if you dont want the Space Station parts you could probably remove 'KSO_Laptop_1', 'KSO_Laptop_2', and 'KSO_SSTMFD' as those are the only 3 MFDs in the station components. But I am unsure of this.

Edited by Avalon304

The RPM folder looks to contain all the configs and texture files for the MFD screens. Your gonna wanna keep that one as both the KSO and Station IVAs use it.

EDIT: Potentially, if you dont want the Space Station parts you could probably remove 'KSO_Laptop_1', 'KSO_Laptop_2', and 'KSO_SSTMFD' as those are the only 3 MFDs in the station components. But I am unsure of this.

I'll have to test that one out because I'm not sure of the inner workings of RPM. If it works like that I'll add it in.