[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

The KSO seems to use an old version of the Hyomoto MFD. It also looks like the MFD stuff is in the KSO folder directly. Is there a way to update the KSO MFD version, or is it customized somehow?

The KSO seems to use an old version of the Hyomoto MFD. It also looks like the MFD stuff is in the KSO folder directly. Is there a way to update the KSO MFD version, or is it customized somehow?

All that will be updated once the EWBCL is up. It's going to use customized RPM screens hence it uses its own folders. I'm trying to fix the ADI to have proper numbers and tapes but it's been a hassle.

Just out of curiosity why are you using customised rpm instead of say a hyomoto or wari screen is it a personal choice, not a dig at you just curious wouldnt that save you heaps of work and when stuff like hyomoto gets upgraded its seemless

Just out of curiosity why are you using customised rpm instead of say a hyomoto or wari screen is it a personal choice, not a dig at you just curious wouldnt that save you heaps of work and when stuff like hyomoto gets upgraded its seemless

ttQWi3b.jpg

RcXVv7V.jpg

Do either of their RPM screens do the above? Let me know. The only thing Wari's edit does is clear up the RPM screens so that they are more visible as well as add more information, right?

Neither of them show the proper altitude and speed tapes the way an ADI does. Neither of them work for when you have to have a custom screen that doesn't use stock displays. Example; the laptops can't use stock RPM displays since it uses a pseudo "Mac book" like display which deletes the hash marks as well as different buttons labels. In other words, you have to edit the text files, PNG/TGA artwork, and various components of an RPM screen in order to get it to do what you want it to do.

The EWBCL uses touchscreens which requires that the hash marks and labels on a stock RPM screen be deleted. Going to do a stream specifically dedicated to this soon.

http://i.imgur.com/ttQWi3b.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RcXVv7V.jpg

Do either of their RPM screens do the above? Let me know. The only thing Wari's edit does is clear up the RPM screens so that they are more visible as well as add more information, right?

Neither of them show the proper altitude and speed tapes the way an ADI does. Neither of them work for when you have to have a custom screen that doesn't use stock displays. Example; the laptops can't use stock RPM displays since it uses a pseudo "Mac book" like display which deletes the hash marks as well as different buttons labels. In other words, you have to edit the text files, PNG/TGA artwork, and various components of an RPM screen in order to get it to do what you want it to do.

The EWBCL uses touchscreens which requires that the hash marks and labels on a stock RPM screen be deleted. Going to do a stream specifically dedicated to this soon.

The main reason I was wondering was actually just because Vessel View isn't supported in the KSO's MFDs. If I replace KSO/RPM/Hyomoto/MFD/pages with the ones from the latest Hyomoto MFD, will that work properly, or are those customized as well?

hello all an off topic question.

is there a texture reduction mod for KSO?

and before you say it i do use ATM. but i have a lot of mods and would like to reduce texture sizes as much as possible (i don't care much for details)

and how to properly resize textures if no texture reducing mod's are available (i tried my self but they all come up messed up in the end)

thx

hello all an off topic question.

is there a texture reduction mod for KSO?

and before you say it i do use ATM. but i have a lot of mods and would like to reduce texture sizes as much as possible (i don't care much for details)

and how to properly resize textures if no texture reducing mod's are available (i tried my self but they all come up messed up in the end)

thx

There is no texture reduction mod, as far as I know. Not anymore anyway. Use ATM. If youre only using the basic version of ATM, try switching the the Aggressive version.

I love this mod above all other mods, but there is one peeve i have, the Back landing gear is FAR too far forward, i know it doesnt often fall on its butt but i am always unnerved when landing anywhere, if you could move them back thatd be excellent, i mean seriously, do back landing gears belong in the middle of the craft?

I love this mod above all other mods, but there is one peeve i have, the Back landing gear is FAR too far forward, i know it doesnt often fall on its butt but i am always unnerved when landing anywhere, if you could move them back thatd be excellent, i mean seriously, do back landing gears belong in the middle of the craft?

The back gear was quite far forward on the actual shuttle as well.

article-1299704188889-0d8ba8ef000005dc-999167_636x338.jpg

It just look so far forward on the KSO because the KSO is kinda stubby and short compared the actual shuttle. I've never had the thing fall on it's ass while landing, so don't worry about it.

Moving them back would be extremely difficult to do. I doubt helldiver would be will to redo the whole model to move the gear back.

The main landing gear *should* be near the center of gravity, because it, not the nose gear, needs to hold the weight of the shuttle. On real aircraft, the main gear has 80-90 percent of the weight of the aircraft; the nose gear is mostly there for balance reasons. If the main gear were further back, the nose gear would have too much weight on it. The actual Shuttle's nose gear could hold less than half the weight that either main gear could. So yes, *main* landing gear (it isn't "rear landing gear", it's "main landing gear") do belong near the middle of the craft.

What I do, because I tend to come in with excess fuel, is stick a couple of fuel dump nozzles on the back of the shuttle and activate them on final approach. That works pretty well.

EDIT: Helldiver, you've said the KSO was made by Murika, but the cockpit says it was made by VEG. Is this intentional?

Edited by cpast

Helldiver, you've said the KSO was made by Murika, but the cockpit says it was made by VEG. Is this intentional?

The original KSO was made by a consortium of companies: VEG design group did the cockpit electronics and interior. Murika (a parody of Boeing) did the aircraft itself. Orbitz did the lifter and other components and KMC (Nazari's company) was contracted for the aerospace materials such as "superfoam", "kerbon Composite", and so on. :D

The KSO Super 25 was mostly done by Murika hence on the fuselage it says Murika Superstellar (in VAB and in the limited edition).

Ytcfj7p.jpg

Going to try and stream tonight our progress so far.

The original KSO was made by a consortium of companies: VEG design group did the cockpit electronics and interior. Murika (a parody of Boeing) did the aircraft itself. Orbitz did the lifter and other components and KMC (Nazari's company) was contracted for the aerospace materials such as "superfoam", "kerbon Composite", and so on. :D

The KSO Super 25 was mostly done by Murika hence on the fuselage it says Murika Superstellar (in VAB and in the limited edition).

http://i.imgur.com/Ytcfj7p.jpg

Going to try and stream tonight our progress so far.

The ascension text seems skewed, but other wise looking great. BTW, love the booster in the VAB on twitch!

All Pictures stuff Super 25 logo, and other is it meaning it will come out soon?

Sorry if this is irritating i just like your mods.

Its still undergoing internal testing with Helldiver and Nazari. It'll come out when its ready.

I just got done check out the majority of the stream on my lunch, but didn't have sound at work so I'll have to watch it again at home. The Super 25 is looking great, helldiver and Nazari. I could tell from the video that there were a few graphical glitches and looks like an animation glitch on the bay doors, but otherwise I think it's looking fantastic. I am really impressed with the new cockpit on the S25. Just a gorgeous flight deck. I also really liked how well it appears to snap together in the VAB. Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing her in-game. Thank you for the stream. I will check it out again at home after work.