[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

question why do we exacly need trucks again?

It's a quality of life thing. Basically adds more content and things to do.

-Gives you more "gameplay" than simply hitting Recover.

-Helps folks that like to take screenshots of their various KSOs. The provided air-stair and bus make this process easier.

-When combined with the FASA Launch tower, you can bus your Kerbals from KSC to the tower and onto the KSO.

-I wanted a break from complicated things to something fun and simple in preparation for the Rover.

I just thought of something with the trucks Helldiver, Can they attach to the nose gear of the KSO and Super 25 KSO and be able to pull or push them. Then think about a KAS Crane setup that can reload the shuttle cargo bay, then lift the shuttle up and reattach the shuttle to another launch section already sitting on the launch pad. Then moving the Lifting crane up out of the way once the orbiter is attached, then countdown and lift off of a 2nd mission without going back into VAB hanger, except for the EFT and boosters part.

Also what is making it to were you can not attach the super 25's EFT to anything even with a nod-point on the side for it I was wanting to try and use a pair of four for a rocket but they refuses to attach themselves.

Really hoping for this.

Yea me too but it seems we are out of luck, can't get a response from helldiver, and can get no response out of the FAR thread, haven't tried the DREC thread yet, be my guest I'm just ignored and I don't know why?

Edit: Just posted in DREC thread.

Edited by Woodstar

Yea me too but it seems we are out of luck, can't get a response from helldiver, and can get no response out of the FAR thread, haven't tried the DREC thread yet, be my guest I'm just ignored and I don't know why?

Edit: Just posted in DREC thread.

All the part configs in the KSO directory HAVE a FAR section commented out, I'm not sure on the accuracy of the values though. They don't match up with the values used in the FAR patch in the beginning of the thread.

hmm this is weird, i just installed the KSO mod into my ksp and it just causes CTD without a actual crash log. all i have is the ksp log.

whenever i simply remove the KSO folder out of the gamedata folder everything loads just fine

ksp.log file linked here: http://pastebin.com/aaMwydPV

any idea what the issue could be?

im running ksp on ubuntu 14.04 x64

Not really sure what response you want from me?

I know zero about FAR. Nazari knows, 20% more of what I know... FAR compatibility has been left up to the community. Your best bet is to ask in the FAR thread. If you haven't gotten a response in the FAR thread, there's nothing I can do.

I PMed Ferram a while back to see if he had the time to take a look at the KSO and write up a config for it, I'd then link it here or include it as an alternate download. He never got back to me.

I'm willing to work directly with mod authors. If they don't have the time or are unreachable, I stop wasting my time and do my own thing with what I got available.

I will be doing a live stream soon as I get these trucks out of the way (and yes I know I promised to get back to working on RPM) where we can take a look at various FAR/DRE configs and pick one that works best. I'll then put a link to it on page 2.

All the part configs in the KSO directory HAVE a FAR section commented out, I'm not sure on the accuracy of the values though. They don't match up with the values used in the FAR patch in the beginning of the thread.

Not the KSO, For the Super EWBCL. I see some FAR in the super25 wing parts but that is all, there are none in the command of the super25, also I don't want to mess with that stuff I don't want to screw anything up hence why I asked for help or a FAR and DRE config.

Not really sure what response you want from me?

I know zero about FAR. Nazari knows, 20% more of what I know... FAR compatibility has been left up to the community. Your best bet is to ask in the FAR thread. If you haven't gotten a response in the FAR thread, there's nothing I can do.

I PMed Ferram a while back to see if he had the time to take a look at the KSO and write up a config for it, I'd then link it here or include it as an alternate download. He never got back to me.

I'm willing to work directly with mod authors. If they don't have the time or are unreachable, I stop wasting my time and do my own thing with what I got available.

I will be doing a live stream soon as I get these trucks out of the way (and yes I know I promised to get back to working on RPM) where we can take a look at various FAR/DRE configs and pick one that works best. I'll then put a link to it on page 2.

Thank you that is exactly what I wanted, Info thank you, I will be sure to tune in.

Edited by Woodstar

Hey Helldiver, could you make a hinge using IR for the bus so we could connect two buses together? I know the bus will hold six kerbals enough for the crew of the Shuttles, but what if we put hitchhikers in the S25 and bring back 12 more kerbals? Three bus trips is a lot, especially if you have to go recover them from the wilderness if you undershoot the landing.

- - - Updated - - -

Crawler + Mobile Launch Pad would be pretty pimp... but perhaps a tad useless.

Someone is making a crawler mod, or actually Redoing the old one completely.

Nicely done man! It took me a few tries too.

Thanks bwheatley. It's like a whole new element to the game. I used to just try and land anywhere because recovery worked no matter where I go so I didn't care. But now that I've done it it's so much more satisfying to hit the runway.

Splitting the mod up shouldn't be that difficult. Soon as we get more bugs out of the way and especially once I'm happy with the way RPM looks (the ADI for example), I'll take a serious look at splitting it up.

For starters the Trucks mod will not be part of the main download. :D

Splitting the mod up shouldn't be that difficult. Soon as we get more bugs out of the way and especially once I'm happy with the way RPM looks (the ADI for example), I'll take a serious look at splitting it up.

Just an idea: but how about the best of both worlds? Maybe one download but with your own install batch file with a simple script to ask the user which parts of the mod they want or an install all option. Less work for you to maintain the mod+downloads and easier for the users to cherry pick what they want. I understand there would have to be seperate scripts for Linux, Mac, and windows but I'm sure there are more than enough people capable of such a script out there. I don't remember for sure but think it's also possible to seperate the mod parts at a folder level (KSO/Parts/Shuttle1/, KSO/Parts/SSParts/, KSO/Parts/S25/, KSO/Parts/Trucks/, etc or it might be KSO/Shuttle1/Parts/, etc) to further simplify things for the user and mod author.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

Hey Helldiver. This is not a bug parse but the node for the left rear wheel of the S25 is smaller than the node on the wheels.

That might explain why that one is clipping though the wing.

Ah, finally! That S25 thing eats up RAM space like a bunch of Mainsails.

Kind of awkward to fly, too(imperfect RCS maneuvers being only one problem); the original KSO is tame in comparison.

Ah, finally! That S25 thing eats up RAM space like a bunch of Mainsails.

Kind of awkward to fly, too(imperfect RCS maneuvers being only one problem); the original KSO is tame in comparison.

I actually would rather ditch the original. Its payload capacity is rather useless. For instance, it can't carry FusTek parts or the CactEye telescope.