[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

I'm not arrogant, i'm whilling to share the livery if i'm allowed to do it.

I don't believe it is allowed so please don't. I would hate for mod authors to be discouraged from sharing their work with us because we don't honor their license. It is, in part, the mod authors that make this game that much better for us all.

I don't believe it is allowed so please don't. I would hate for mod authors to be discouraged from sharing their work with us because we don't honor their license. It is, in part, the mod authors that make this game that much better for us all.

Every time the term 'license' comes up in the same sentence as 'mod', I have to suppress a snicker of derision. I'm not sure what started this obsession, but it certainly wasn't around when I started modding. I acknowledge that it is something that *can* be done, of course, but I still think it is absolutely ridiculous.

Either way, not sure what helldiver was trying to accomplish by removing things from the mod in this manner. Some of us don't have the luxury of lurking on the forums constantly.

I looked up the license agreement:http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

Wich states:You are free to:

• Share  copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format

• The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

I will only share the .tga texture file.

Every time the term 'license' comes up in the same sentence as 'mod', I have to suppress a snicker of derision. I'm not sure what started this obsession, but it certainly wasn't around when I started modding. I acknowledge that it is something that *can* be done, of course, but I still think it is absolutely ridiculous.

Either way, not sure what helldiver was trying to accomplish by removing things from the mod in this manner. Some of us don't have the luxury of lurking on the forums constantly.

I looked up the license agreement:http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

Wich states:You are free to:

• Share  copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format

• The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

I will only share the .tga texture file.

Well, I just glanced at the license on the OP and it does say we are free to share it as long as we don't modify it. So there you go. I was mistaken.

I'm not sure what you mean in your last paragraph, enneract. The LE livery was said from the start to only be available for a limited time. It's why it was removed.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

Well, I just glanced at the license on the OP and it does say we are free to share it as long as we don't modify it. So there you go. I was mistaken.

I'm not sure what you mean in your last paragraph, enneract. The LE livery was said from the start to only be available for a limited time. It's why it was removed.

Which is incredibly stupid.

The license is a way to protect the rights of the mod authors... This mod is modeled from scratch by Helldiver. Im sure he doesnt want people coming in taking his stuff and modifying it and then posting it as their own...

Which is incredibly stupid.
The LE livery is totally radical though, there's no good reason to limit its availability.

So... Im sure you guys think limited editions of games are stupid too, right? The LE skin was up for a full week after the release of Phase 3. 7 days. That doesnt even come close to requiring you to be a constant lurker here...

My advice... even if the license allows you to send others the texture... dont do it. That would be going against what helldiver wishes, otherwise the skin wouldnt have been limited edition in the first place.

well i have a mac

So do I... but why does that matter?

So... Im sure you guys think limited editions of games are stupid too, right?

Kind of, only because there's a very clear difference between this and that.

Money

Limited Editions of games exist because it makes them money. When something's of a limited value, you naturally want it. Thus, it makes the company more money.

Doing it here doesn't have any good reason to back it up.

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

So... Im sure you guys think limited editions of games are stupid too, right?

Right. Because it's stupid to artificially restrict availability to those who got them in some arbitrary time limit. Limited editions only make sense with physical goods, because reproducing those actually requires money/labor. In purely digital distribution, such limits are a remain of mentality carried over from trading physical goods, nothing more.

That would defeat the purpose of a 'limited edition' texture, dont you think?

Yeah, but i think that everybody loves the look of it.

I think he meant about "limited edition" was that it was available for a limited amount of time.

-I will be revisiting the KSO standard but haven't decided what I want to do with it. I like the idea of a 1.8 meter shuttle. I explored the idea of a folding wing recovery shuttle orbiter that would replace the KSO, but that would have brought its rated cargo size down to about 1m. Again it's up in the air and you'd be looking at Phase VII at the earliest (2015 or so).

Oh, if you make it like a Kliper, that'd be awesome!

Yeah, but i think that everybody loves the look of it.

I think he meant about "limited edition" was that it was available for a limited amount of time.

Right... so sharing after the period of time it was limited to would make it not limited anymore... I get that everyone likes the look of it, I do too (even though I dont fly with it) but sharing something that was at one point limited makes it not limited anymore. I think helldiver want to give those that first downloaded Phase 3 something special for getting it right at the beginning (within a week of release) and sharing that with everyone would defeat the purpose.

I think helldiver want to give those that first downloaded Phase 3 something special for getting it right at the beginning (within a week of release)

It seems a little unfair that the people who actually couldn't get it won't be getting it simply because helldiver decided to do something so stupid that had nothing to be gained from.

Please, stop saying that a week is a long enough time for people to get it.

Please, stop saying that a week is a long enough time for people to get it.

7 days. Youre telling me that a person couldnt take 5 minutes to check this topic to see if the new version had come out and see that there was an LE skin? Thats all it would have taken to check the OP. Not only that... but even if you werent able to check on the day it came out... you had 6 more days, to take 5 minutes to check this topic to see if the new version was up and see that there was a special skin. Thats more than enough time. I hate missing on on LE goodies (and I have missed out on a lot of them both digital and physical) but thems the breaks...

7 days. Youre telling me that a person couldnt take 5 minutes to check this topic to see if the new version had come out and see that there was an LE skin? Thats all it would have taken to check the OP. Not only that... but even if you werent able to check on the day it came out... you had 6 more days, to take 5 minutes to check this topic to see if the new version was up and see that there was a special skin. Thats more than enough time.

What if I couldn't on those days? Sure it's time, but not everybody has the luxury to be able to check. Honestly, it even being LE is stupid.

Then you missed it. Thats life. Move on. (Ive been in the same boat many times.)

I know it's urban dictionary, but it fits so well here.

A phrase traditionally used with the aim of making people feel better, giving them the idea that a problem they suffered was unavoidable.

However, it is also commonly used as a mechanism to thwart suggestions as to how to deal with a problem.

A: Damnit, the minority have spoilt it for everyone else.

B: That's life.

A: No it's not life, you tarred them all with one brush. Here's some other methods that would have led to much less inconvenience to the responsible majority.

B: Nope. Your suggestions won't work, because the minority spoiling it is a fact of life, and therefore it is unavoidable because if it wasn't, it wouldn't be a fact of life.

I guess it's time to move on, though. Might as well make my own. Will get better chances of getting it then waiting to see if he'll make it available.

anyone know how to get phase one only? and mac?

Here's a list of phase1 parts (although I did leave in the round docking ports, the stack shroud, and the aux fuel module from phase2):

\GameData\KSO\Parts\avionicskso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\avionicskso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\boosterkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\boosterkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\cgholdkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\cgholdkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\commandkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\commandkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\decouplerkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\decouplerkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\dockingkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\dockingkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\dockstandardkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\dockstandardkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\fuelkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\fuelkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\hingedradomekso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\hingedradomekso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_lifter.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_lifter_emis.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_lifter_norm_NRM.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod_emis.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod_norm_NRM.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_emis.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_engines.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_engines_emis.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_engines_norm_NRM.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_orbiter_norm_NRM.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station_emis.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station_norm_NRM.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\ksoavionics.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\leftelevkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\leftelevkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\leftgearkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\leftgearkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\leftwingkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\leftwingkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\lightlongkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\lightlongkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\lightlongredkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\lightlongredkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\lightroundkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\lightroundkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\lightroundredkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\lightroundredkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\lightshortkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\lightshortkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\lightshortredkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\lightshortredkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\nosegearkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\nosegearkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\omskso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\omskso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\rearkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\rearkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\rearplanekso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\rearplanekso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\rightelevkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\rightelevkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\rightgearkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\rightgearkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\rightwingkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\rightwingkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\ssauxfuelkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\ssauxfuelkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\ssport1kso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\ssport1kso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\ssport3kso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\ssport3kso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\stackmountkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\stackmountkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\tailrudderkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\tailrudderkso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\thrustmaxkso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\thrustmaxkso.mu

In the KSO\Spaces\ folder all you'll need is the "internalkso" folder and in the KSO\RPM\ folder you can remove the following folders: "KSO_Laptop_1" "KSO_Laptop_2" "SSTMFD" and "KSO25." You can also remove the Super25 craft file if you like. Oh yeah, if you don't want the GOO lights don't keep the files in the part list that start with "light."

Edited by qnistNAMEERF