[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

I have had no troubled with MechJeb recently with 64 bit. Ecept for some really bad wobble. Avalon spotted it in my stream that I did and I'm going to try and find out what is making it happen.

Also I now have an Official "The Mass Key Shipyards" image Something I whipped up for my twitch stream. I'm not 100% sure but might steam daily, and will mostly use this mod for my missions. Maybe a few others too but who knows.

I have had no troubled with MechJeb recently with 64 bit. Ecept for some really bad wobble. Avalon spotted it in my stream that I did and I'm going to try and find out what is making it happen.

Also I now have an Official "The Mass Key Shipyards" image Something I whipped up for my twitch stream. I'm not 100% sure but might steam daily, and will mostly use this mod for my missions. Maybe a few others too but who knows.

In my launch today I noticed it a bit too... and think it might be the updated gimbal plugin because it allows the SSME and OMS engines to yaw left and right where as older versions didnt... but Im not positive on this yet and I cant see a way to disable the yaw on the engines.

The 78th of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions! STS 178 is the eighth flight of Ascension, the Super 25 Flagship! STS 178's objective is to deploy the Colony Logistics Module on Asteroid Kerpophis. The Corporatists have issued new uniforms from Green Skull's KSO Pack! Get yours today!

STS 179 will deploy the Kerpophis Colony Habitat Module #2!

The 78th of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions! STS 178 is the eighth flight of Ascension, the Super 25 Flagship! STS 178's objective is to deploy the Colony Logistics Module on Asteroid Kerpophis. The Corporatists have issued new uniforms from Green Skull's KSO Pack! Get yours today!

you have a really impressive servies there.

Well I can't live without the KSO series, so I have forgone FAR now I have just 2 problems, When assigning the air-brakes to an AG they do not fully deploy, sometimes the two larger ones will deploy but not the smaller two, and sometimes they just won't deploy at all. Secondly the 25 comes in great and slows nicely, but it acts like there is a 25 ton weight in the nose and I just cant get it to bring the AOA up at all. I thinks the second problem "may" be due to my reentry witch I'll test some more today but I am at a loss with the air-brakes. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Where did those air-stairs come from, I need those! :)

Well I can't live without the KSO series, so I have forgone FAR now I have just 2 problems, When assigning the air-brakes to an AG they do not fully deploy, sometimes the two larger ones will deploy but not the smaller two, and sometimes they just won't deploy at all. Secondly the 25 comes in great and slows nicely, but it acts like there is a 25 ton weight in the nose and I just cant get it to bring the AOA up at all. I thinks the second problem "may" be due to my reentry witch I'll test some more today but I am at a loss with the air-brakes. Any and all help would be appreciated.

I experienced the nose heavy issue before 2.4 without FAR too (I'll probably get it in .24 too, but I have yet to finish my first mission with the Super 25 in .24). If you have any fuel left in the Super 25, make sure the Main Engines have their trim disabled (Set to 0) and use them. The massive gimbal range allows them to lift the craft's nose quite easily.

The CoM on the Super25 is a bit far forward of the CoL. I did make a patch I posted in this thread that moves them much closer together. Handles really nicely with that patch. I called it a space plane patch, and you can find it in my signature. I'm not sure what's going on with your airbrakes, but do make sure you have both sets in the action group setting.

Where did those air-stairs come from, I need those! :)

Those will be available in phase IV, along with a few other vehicles.

I have ran into a configuration problem I am posting this into the three mods threads involved Space plans plus Active Texture Management 64 bit aggressive, And KSOS (here). With JUST these three installed something happens and it crashes on load. It Might be that KSOS and SP+ Modify the firespitter plug-in in there own ways making them incompatible with each other. If logs, are needed let me know and i'll get it up here asap.

I have found the the recent updates of the main game program, the 64bit version or a KSOS update has changed the manner in witch the Super 25 flies. I have found it to be quite nose heavy also even with the SCE hotfix inplace. I do wonder if that accidentally change really messed up the stock flight profile of the Super 25.

I think there was a mechjeb adjustment dll some pages back for something like this but when I asked were it was placed noone responded. The filename was something like MechJebKMGimbalExt.dll I think it "might" have something to do with the Gimbal control within mechjeb.

Edited by Damaske

I have ran into a configuration problem I am posting this into the three mods threads involved Space plans plus Active Texture Management 64 bit aggressive, And KSOS (here). With JUST these three installed something happens and it crashes on load. It Might be that KSOS and SP+ Modify the firespitter plug-in in there own ways making them incompatible with each other. If logs, are needed let me know and i'll get it up here asap.

I have found the the recent updates of the main game program, the 64bit version or a KSOS update has changed the manner in witch the Super 25 flies. I have found it to be quite nose heavy also even with the SCE hotfix inplace. I do wonder if that accidentally change really messed up the stock flight profile of the Super 25.

I think there was a mechjeb adjustment dll some pages back for something like this but when I asked were it was placed noone responded. The filename was something like MechJebKMGimbalExt.dll I think it "might" have something to do with the Gimbal control within mechjeb.

I might be mistaken but wasn't the CSE hot fix Helldiver and others were talking about a few pages back for FAR?

The hot fix restored the flight values back to pre-3.10 values. I tested it and was able to do a go around without issue.

Test with 32bit -without- Active Texture Management.

Helldiver: Ok Will attempt to do that later tonight when I do my next stream. Might be late closer to 10pm mnt time, GMT-7 or as late as 11pm before I start up.

Been playing a lot of 64 bit I might try 32 bit with the other two mods Aka Spaceplane Plus and Lack Luster Labs and see if it goes over the memory limit. But i'm not sure I'll be able to do that without ATM but its worth a shot since They are not in the game yet. Before I head out to Warhammer I'll remove ATM and try real fast 32 bit KSP.

Figured I would give this a spin again since I'm so hyped up about those rovers. :D

Lozer seems to share my excitement about new KSOS stuff. :D

U1i8yPE.png

This is two launches for this small station so far: first was the tug and power module on a Maiden 3-6S rocket, second was the docking module on the Resolute. Flew like a charm all the way to the station.

i0S41cO.png

Now I just need to figure out what's up with those launch clamps following me to orbit... :huh:

Kinda dark but I got the Resolute to land like a dream. :D

7khCNnc.png

Lack's KSC++ and those runway indicator lights really helped with the approach. It definitely feels like a legit Shuttle Program with both this and KSC++.

Edited by OrbitusII

The CoM on the Super25 is a bit far forward of the CoL. I did make a patch I posted in this thread that moves them much closer together. Handles really nicely with that patch. I called it a space plane patch, and you can find it in my signature. I'm not sure what's going on with your airbrakes, but do make sure you have both sets in the action group setting.

Those will be available in phase IV, along with a few other vehicles.

Ok do I add these to the .cfg's or do I need to replace something? On the air-brakes I just switched the to AG 1 and now all of them work.

And again Helldiver, sorry for blaming your mod, but KSO also does not mess up the CoL with the rudders as wings, there is something within FAR wrong as it looks.

I know KSO is not supporting FAR, but I feel that I had to make clear I didn't test enough before blaming KSO, so I'm truly sorry.

Ok do I add these to the .cfg's or do I need to replace something? On the air-brakes I just switched the to AG 1 and now all of them work.

Yeah, the patch CFG's you can actually put anywhere in your GameData folder (or with the other KSOS parts in \KSO\Parts\ directory if you like) and modulemanager does all the work. Just remember you'll have to reattach the wings+CSEs for the Super25 or replace the rearkso part of the KSO in your craft files before you launch.

Yeah, the patch CFG's you can actually put anywhere in your GameData folder (or with the other KSOS parts in \KSO\Parts\ directory if you like) and modulemanager does all the work. Just remember you'll have to reattach the wings+CSEs for the Super25 or replace the rearkso part of the KSO in your craft files before you launch.

I added the patch and now the attach nodes on the wings of the super25 do not match up to be able to build it.

Kerbostar testing

-This turned into 5 hours of back and forth with Snjo :D

-We discovered the transforms were off, so it required reprogramming of Firespitter.dll

-Yeah I'm playing without ATM. Although I am running TextureReplacer.

Holy karp! I didn't see this coming - MUST HAVE!

I spent the past three days fiddling around with helicopters - it's like you read my mind, helldiver. This looks amazing... can't wait!

I know you don't take requests, but a Sikorsky or Chinook for heavy lifting, rescue, & recovery would be pretty sweet. Just saying. :)

I added the patch and now the attach nodes on the wings of the super25 do not match up to be able to build it.

Make sure you've removed your FAR patches as well. Those patches move the wings and nodes in all manner of ways. If you're using a stock KSOS setup, after applying my patch you're wings will look like this from an old craft file:

OtIHEbz.png

Click on the wings and reattach them to the fuselage. Then you'll notice the CSEs are off. So click on them and reattach them to the wings.

You should then look like this:

OSMLbfd.png

If you can't attach them then something is wrong. I know you mentioned you used to use FAR so that would be my first guess. You've probably got an old FAR patch lurking around somewhere.

I've never used FAR so these screenshots are with stock physics.

Make sure you've removed your FAR patches as well. Those patches move the wings and nodes in all manner of ways. If you're using a stock KSOS setup, after applying my patch you're wings will look like this from an old craft file:

If you can't attach them then something is wrong. I know you mentioned you used to use FAR so that would be my first guess. You've probably got an old FAR patch lurking around somewhere.

I've never used FAR so these screenshots are with stock physics.

Old FAR file, I forgot to take it out of the fx folder, yet again thanks FREEMAN

You mean I have to wait?!? :(

Okay, fine, excuse me while I go sulk in a corner somewhere.

All good things... All good things.

Old FAR file, I forgot to take it out of the fx folder, yet again thanks FREEMAN

No problem. Glad you were able to get it working.