[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Holy karp! I didn't see this coming - MUST HAVE!

I spent the past three days fiddling around with helicopters - it's like you read my mind, helldiver. This looks amazing... can't wait!

I know you don't take requests, but a Sikorsky or Chinook for heavy lifting, rescue, & recovery would be pretty sweet. Just saying. :)

I suggested the Sikorsky, and someone already asked about the Chinook in a live stream about the Keralstar.

In trying to get this to work in 64bit (I know it's not fully supported yet) and it's crashing during load at KSO/Parts/cgholdkso. Anyone else have this issue? In looking at the crash log, I can't make any sense of what it's telling me :)

How would I make the EFT from the normal KSO compatible with the Super25? I like the look of the regular EFT better, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to attach to the Super25 fuselage.

Terribly sorry if this has already been answered, but when I play this with NEAR the shuttle accelerates like I don't know what. Seriously, I can get up to orbit in like 30 seconds. I read some posts about FAR but isn't NEAR like a seperate thing?

Again, apologies if this has already been answered.

Great mod though! :D

Phase IV feature list finalized

Partial image list:

http://i.imgur.com/ZWE7J35.jpg

Notes

-All parts KAS compatible where possible.

-All vehicles have IVAs, see below.

-Helicopter will be in parts: Fuselage, Main Rotor, Tail Rotor, Landing Skids. Landing Skids are separate allowing you to use your own wheels instead (not included). Kerbostar modeled after Eurocopter A-Star (AS-350 Écureuil). Otherwise helicopter will not be a parts kit. Conversely, helicopter in scale with Sedan more or less.

-Aerospace Rover will be a parts kit. Among them it will include additional fuel modules, science modules, lamps, KAS cargo containers, antennas and additional accessories themed/fitted to the rover

-Aerospace Rover scaled to the Sedan seen in pictures above. Has space for 2 Kerbals. Sorry, if you're looking for gigantic non-Kerbal rovers, don't look this way. Several mods already add that.

-Phase IV includes features such as: Texture switching (powered by Firespitter), Flags on all/most models, and mesh switching when needed in the VAB/SPH.

-Phase IV is very large (as large as Phase I and II combined), as such it will be its own download. Currently about 50mb compressed.

-PSD files for the Sedan and Firetruck will be made available shortly after release so you can make alternate cars or colors scheme designs.

Current IVAs

http://imgur.com/a/r9Hw8

Nice! I could really have some fun with this stuff and what KAX adds :)

It's coming....

M0Ntv1O.jpg

-Yes, it's based off a dune buggy, as I said on the stream and on here. I don't like the way real moon buggies look. Besides, there are tons of rover kits available to download, plus you can make one using stock parts. So, if I was going to make a moon rover, I may as well make it in style.

-Ignore the MCE Rover Cellular Antenna, as that is part of MCE.

-Rover comes with: 1 Wheel assembly, Chassis, Body (4 Kerbals), KAS/Utility module, Auxiliary Power Supply module, Liquid fuel module.

Liquid fuel module? Why? substitute it by a SaS module. It's more useful to rovers. To unflip then... :P

Rover is electric. Fuel module is to transport fuel for lunar base and/or refueling projects.

It's coming....

http://i.imgur.com/M0Ntv1O.jpg

-Yes, it's based off a dune buggy, as I said on the stream and on here. I don't like the way real moon buggies look. Besides, there are tons of rover kits available to download, plus you can make one using stock parts. So, if I was going to make a moon rover, I may as well make it in style.

-Rover comes with: 1 Wheel assembly, Chassis, Body (4 Kerbals), KAS/Utility module, Auxiliary Power Supply module, Liquid fuel module.

As I hadnt even seen the concepts for the rover I am floored. That is pretty amazing looking.

Is the MCE antenna that bubble on top behind the spotlight?

It's coming....

Haha, nice. I like it. Will it function like the Phase IV cars/trucks or will it incorporate something like Bobcat's rover plugin?

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

It's coming....

Oh man that looks good, I'm excited. I really can't believe how fast you work helldiver considering you said you hadn't even started the rover two days ago. I'm also very stoked for the LF module and the KAS/Utility module. My moonbase is in dire need of such a vehicle.

The Hype buggy has left the station.

Edited by SwissArmyKnife

Helldiver, do you plan on doing a lander craft that could fit into the KSO/Super25?

Why? Isn't there enough parts in the VAB stock to make one?

So do the wheels on all these snazzy little guys have a broken state or do they simply get vaporized when going too fast?

Explain how exactly do piano wire wheels blow out? :D

4679230355_45f86ab674.jpg

Let alone how does a Kerbal repair that thing?

They blow out if they hit another wheel at speeds exceeding 900m/s. A kerbal repairs it with the entirety of the ship's metal.

I can confirm this works WITHOUT active texture management on KSP 24.2 64bit, just an FYI

Breakthrough! I guess.

Also, can we have separate packs or at least which packs require which plugins?

Edited by Tangle

Explain how exactly do piano wire wheels blow out? :D

Let alone how does a Kerbal repair that thing?

With magic space tools, of course.

66ZqTr9.png

The broken state doesn't necessarily represent inner tubes blowing out, does it? The smaller rover wheels have a broken state and I'd argue they're meant to be analogues to something like the wheels of the Mars rovers. It's not like there's an overwhelming amount of EVA gameplay as it is (...yet; fingers crossed), especially without KAS, and every little bit more is appreciated. I'd also make the argument that it's a bit of a safety net to keep people from getting their wheels vaporized and rendering their buggies useless if they happen to push it a bit too hard. Without a break state it's a very binary situation where you're either driving along happily or you're sitting on a useless pile of junk, as happened to your fuel truck in one of your streams, which is why I ask.

Helldiver, do you plan on doing a lander craft that could fit into the KSO/Super25?

Check out Trojan Subassemblies (link in my signature) for craft files I used in my missions. I have one that is a Mun lander that uses KSO OMS if you want to try it!