[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

How about the cool rocket effects? They don't work on any of the KSO engines anymore. I've installed the latest klockheed cold fx mod and they work on the stock engines, but don't for the KSO engines. Is there a fix for that?

Yup,i agree

How about the cool rocket effects? They don't work on any of the KSO engines anymore. I've installed the latest klockheed cold fx mod and they work on the stock engines, but don't for the KSO engines. Is there a fix for that?

I believe that was probably because the engines were changed a little in 3.10 and were updated to the latest Smokescreen version, and I don't think coolrockets has been updated in a while.

I believe that was probably because the engines were changed a little in 3.10 and were updated to the latest Smokescreen version, and I don't think coolrockets has been updated in a while.

Also, the Super 25 exhaust changed from red to more classic flames in I think 3.08.

Ok, you guys are in here having way to much fun, im jealous and very interested in this for 64 bit. I like textures, and I am a mod ...... I remember seeing this idea in concept and fell in love back then. Cant wait for the 64 bit release.

Thx guys, for all this work. I know I say that on every post, but it really is true. You guys make my KSP so much better.

Dren

I run this mod on 64bit and haven't run into any issues yet...

Can I Change all 4 of the cockpits names and put all the custom names in the game? and if so how?

Sure. Use the blank (unnamed) textures from post 2 of page one to create your own fleet, then I recommend you use the patch shown here. It'll cut down on catalog clutter and you also won't have to rebuild your craft files for your whole fleet. Modify the patch to use your texture filenames, display names, and the root folder where you decide to put them. The Phase IV parts use this same method for switching textures.

Allo! Ok, issue.

I've tried installing this mod 5 times and for some reason it either crashes at load up OR the VAB shows absolutely NO PARTS (neither from stock or KSO). Im running at x32 version ksp. Using active texturemanagement. Deleted my other part mods.

I have no idea what's causing this issue.

EDIT: Fixed it.

How did you fix it? Ive tried using this with the latest patch, but for me it seems to use a massive amount of memory, crashing the program.

EDIT: I went through the BoulderCo folder and found a custom configuration for KSO where it seems it is minimally or not affected by the Active Texture Reducer mod. I deleted the configuration and it loads fine.

Edited by WissNX01

Still problems.

The game keeps crashing with KSO. I'm using everything required and using 32 bit version of KSP. It still keeps on crashing. Here is my error log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbv2cxoe7ap74gv/error.log

and my KSP Log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avpv27h73zzqq8v/KSP.log

It happens everytime I revert to launch or VAB.

EDIT: It was a memory problem. Had to install the aggressive version of active texture management.

Edited by TeeGee

My endeavor to land at all the anomalies on Kerbin with the EWCBL 25. I figured I'd do the Harder ones first. Had to use Sepatron-Assisted-Braking.

JT9uqjm.png

OK, Perhaps this isn't going to be easy...

wtulPaK.png

Edited by nukeboyt

Phase IV

-Phase IV, a.k.a "Service Vehicle and Rover Pack" is almost finished

-IVA about 80% done, just got to do a few bakes to get the shadows from the MFD screens.

Now for some bad news

I decided I will not be doing the rover delivery vehicle/module. Nazari will try to put one together using stock parts if possible. Otherwise I'm leaving it up to you guys to put one together and be creative :D

The main reasons for not doing one is:

--Too much time. Phase IV is already long overdue and I can't keep delaying the project.

--It requires too many additional parts which cuts into the above point. I.e. the delivery module would have required: Custom radial engines, custom RCS, a custom Rover container, as well as numerous other parts (couplers/decouplers, etcetera). I just don't have the time or enthusiasm to put all that together and stall the project further.

--We do not have an experienced programmer and/or I just don't want to earmark the additional time plus add another DLL to the download just to have some custom Rover delivery system.

--KAS as well as IR and other mods are out there that allow you to do a Rover delivery module anyways. There is no need for me to waste time and resources reinventing the wheel.

There is no need to post or PM suggestions such as "Well you could do XYZ" and so on. The decision is final and the rover is in the can (meaning it's done). Phase IV needs to be out already.

To do

-Finalize IVA

-Finish colliders

-Get it in game

-Finish Phase IV features

-Testing

-Release.

K7gEphB.jpg

X13EXox.jpg

Don't worry Helldiver... I already have a stock rover lander I use since KSP 0.22... :P

I know you said you're not accepting sugestions on rover delivery systems, but... you already have the technology for this.

you can use something that uses rcs thrusters or small liquid fuel engines with extensible arms above the rover, attached to a surface mounted dockingport. something with 4 arms. Once you land, you decouple the thing from the rover. The stock thing I made works this way. And... if the planet/moon have atmosphere... some sepatrons and a parachute can do the work... :P

Edited by luizopiloto

Phase IV

-Phase IV, a.k.a "Service Vehicle and Rover Pack" is almost finished

-IVA about 80% done, just got to do a few bakes to get the shadows from the MFD screens.

Now for some bad news

I decided I will not be doing the rover delivery vehicle/module. Nazari will try to put one together using stock parts if possible. Otherwise I'm leaving it up to you guys to put one together and be creative :D

The main reasons for not doing one is:

--Too much time. Phase IV is already long overdue and I can't keep delaying the project.

--It requires too many additional parts which cuts into the above point. I.e. the delivery module would have required: Custom radial engines, custom RCS, a custom Rover container, as well as numerous other parts (couplers/decouplers, etcetera). I just don't have the time or enthusiasm to put all that together and stall the project further.

--We do not have an experienced programmer and/or I just don't want to earmark the additional time plus add another DLL to the download just to have some custom Rover delivery system.

--KAS as well as IR and other mods are out there that allow you to do a Rover delivery module anyways. There is no need for me to waste time and resources reinventing the wheel.

There is no need to post or PM suggestions such as "Well you could do XYZ" and so on. The decision is final and the rover is in the can (meaning it's done). Phase IV needs to be out already.

To do

-Finalize IVA

-Finish colliders

-Get it in game

-Finish Phase IV features

-Testing

-Release.

http://i.imgur.com/K7gEphB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X13EXox.jpg

The rover is looking sweet! Nice IVA.

In regards to a delivery vehicle, I had been checking out a lot of other mods lately and two come to mind right away for those other parts you mentioned. There's Bahamuto Dynamics, which has these great five-way retracting RCS, retracting rocket engines (and the critter crawler too!). And there's Hanger (currently still in beta, though, but has huge potential), which has a rover hanger made just for dropping off rovers.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

put some parachutes inside the payload bay, then, open the doors and release them to land... :P

The reason why he can't do this is because in KSP the parachutes will cut when touchdown doing this in the air would be kind've less realistic,he's trying to make this mod as realistic as possible,but in FASA there is a parachute called the Drag parachute which doesn't cutoff when landing but it isn't radial.

The reason why he can't do this is because in KSP the parachutes will cut when touchdown doing this in the air would be kind've less realistic,he's trying to make this mod as realistic as possible,but in FASA there is a parachute called the Drag parachute which doesn't cutoff when landing but it isn't radial.

real chutes lets you turn any stack or radial chutes into drag, drogue or main chutes.

hmm for the rover delivery i can only say two things, one if you want us to build a rover delivery system for ourselves, you could just simply add 2 or 3 extra nodes for mounting and two you can make a really simple one by having a cage-like mount much like that of RoverDude's Pack Rat and then just leave the rest to the players...

just saying...

hmm for the rover delivery i can only say two things, one if you want us to build a rover delivery system for ourselves, you could just simply add 2 or 3 extra nodes for mounting and two you can make a really simple one by having a cage-like mount much like that of RoverDude's Pack Rat and then just leave the rest to the players...

just saying...

Pretty much. I believe that is Nazari's plan once he starts getting it into KSP.