[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

My game crashes on loading after installing all-in-one pack. I also downloaded and installed separately Standard and EWBCL, and game crashed when i was trying to load EWBCL version (the "stock" one).

x64 or x86? Im assuming it's 32bit and you are running out of memory, try downloading and installing Active Texture Management it will reduce memory usage a lot.

Sigh...... I miss the KSO, when I load it up, it crashes my game a lot. I have installed the texture and mod manager things, but no luck..... I remember those wonderful ships....

I had the same problem. What I did is remove all but the super 25 files and then resized the super 25's booster textures to 512 x 512 and saved it as 24 bit. I reduced the super 25's textures to 1024 x 1024 and saved it as 32 bit. Did the same for the normal maps and the IVA textures and normal maps. Then I removed the kso config in Active Texture Maps to let it compress textures even further as needed. That worked, and I am able to use the super 25. Leaving the textures alone and just removing the ATM config wasn't enough to work in my case. Perhaps when KSP x64 is stable I will revert to the unedited texture sizes.

One more thing to try. A few pages back was a post to use OpenGL. That may also help you.

hope that helps. I don't know if I'm allowed to distrbute my modified textures, but if I am I will post them.

Edited by Angel-125

Just wondering what is the difference between the two different shuttles?

Also does it work just using a single vertical fin for this shuttle?

The original KSO is smaller and can only fit, at most, one of the station modules from Phase 2. The Super 25, on the other hand, can carry a lot more cargo with a 2.8m cargo bay, making it really useful for deploying bigger payloads.

I apologize if this has already been answered, but how are you supposed to get the tires to work?

On the rover and or other vehicles, how do are the tires supposed to be attached?

I've attached the tires in over sixteen alignments and whenever I spawn the ship on the launchpad or runway, the tires sink through the ground.

I've tried installing it and reinstalling three times.

Again, sorry if this has been answered already.

Edit: The craft files work, still curious about how to build one.

Edited by Cooly568

Just wondering what is the difference between the two different shuttles?

Also does it work just using a single vertical fin for this shuttle?

The KSO 1.8m has an airbrake where a vertical tail stabilizer would attach, so not really. The KSO 2.8m has RCS built-in to the tail stabs, so that would probably throw the RCS off unless you compensate for it. Also, the texture for the KSO 2.8m would look off if you didn't place the tail stabs where they are supposed to go.

There seriously needs to be a low-res version of this. With active texture management on brutal, with all the current mods, my game ran fine. Just including the parts for the truck kills my game. WTF man?

My guess would be the multiple IVAs are killing your system. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about that. It has to do with how Squad manages resources for IVAs. Helldiver has mentioned it numerous times here and in other threads.

I apologize if this has already been answered, but how are you supposed to get the tires to work?

On the rover and or other vehicles, how do are the tires supposed to be attached?

I've attached the tires in over sixteen alignments and whenever I spawn the ship on the launchpad or runway, the tires sink through the ground.

The wheels/tires for each vehicle have an arrow or mark on the hub of the part. Open up the craft files for the vehicles and note the orientation of the mark on the hub. For the truck tires the arrow should be pointing down. If I remember correctly, the sedan hubs had a red mark, however I forget which way they should be pointed. The rover hubs are currently bugged in v409 and have to point up to function properly (they point down in v408). I might post some screenshots when I get home from work for convenience since this gets asked a lot.

EDIT: Screenshots, just also found out the bug with the rover wheels seems to be because they flip once launched. Weird. Both shots are of the same vehicle both in the SPH and launched using version 4.09. So to recap: sedan wheels have a white rectangle that needs to point down. The truck wheels have a red triangle that needs to point down. The rover wheels have a white arrow that needs to point down, but place them pointing up because they flip for some silly reason when launched.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

EDIT2: Dug a little deeper and noticed that in the rover wheel CFG that a single value changed from 1 (v408) to -1 (v409). I'm gonna test it out and see if that leads anywhere. I'll post a patch if it corrects anything.

EDIT3: Nah, it just reverses the steering. Ignore.

EDIT4: I'd recommend if you have v408 still lying around, that you replace the rover wheel MU and CFG files from that version. They still have the FSwheel bug that might change the motor direction on launch, but at least the arrows point the right direction in the ship editor and it'll turn the correct direction on launch. Also noticed v408 does the flip bug as well (so they are really pointing up on launch in v408 even though they get attached pointing down). Not sure if helldiver wants to revert them back to v408 or not, though. Either way they're currently buggy.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

First of all I would like to thank Helldiver and everyone who helped developing this awesome mod! :)

I have been following this thread since Phase 1 and I really enjoy your work.

And for everyone that are interested I have came up with a fix for bugged rover wheels in v4.09.

@PART[kmwroverwheelkso]
{
@MODULE[FSpartTurner]
{
@defaultRotationY = 0
@defaultRotationZ = 180
}
}

With this patch wheels are not inverted after launch and the motor direction is correct.

Yep, it's confusing. Took me awhile, but with the help of the pics FREEMANtsinq posted I figured it out. THe pins have to be vertical for one thing, and they also seem to work only one way. So fifty fifty chance haha. At any rate, they need to be rotated clockwise until you get them in the right position.

Also after playing withe the bus a little bit, I thought it would be heeelarious to use it as a command pod and make it fly. Then, I remembered Spaceballs. Anyone with some art skill want to make a reskin for the bus so we can build this?????

260945-science-fiction-spaceballs-screenshot.jpg

Edited by Vladthemad

There seriously needs to be a low-res version of this. With active texture management on brutal, with all the current mods, my game ran fine. Just including the parts for the truck kills my game. WTF man?

There might be an issue with 4.09. I was running 4.08 just fine, with probably 2 dozen other mods. I just upgraded, and it's crashing halfway through loading parts as if it's out of memory. Of course I can't make heads or tails of the crash reports so... :)

Edit: ...or maybe it's because of the active texture management files packaged with it, or possibly the texture cache? I remembered having a active texture management cache issue before. So I deleted active texture management and reinstalled the latest version after installing the latest version of KSOS, and it started up fine again. Try giving that a shot.

Edited by Vladthemad

The 82nd of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions! STS 182 is the twelfth flight of Ascension, the Super 25 Flagship! STS 182's objective is to deploy the Habitat Module #3 on Asteroid Kerpophis. There are rumors that the Rebels have created a new technology! What is it? When will it debut? The media is providing around the clock rumor coverage.

STS 183 will deploy the Kerpophis Colony Greenhouse #1!

First of all I would like to thank Helldiver and everyone who helped developing this awesome mod! :)

I have been following this thread since Phase 1 and I really enjoy your work.

And for everyone that are interested I have came up with a fix for bugged rover wheels in v4.09.

@PART[kmwroverwheelkso]
{
@MODULE[FSpartTurner]
{
@defaultRotationY = 0
@defaultRotationZ = 180
}
}

With this patch wheels are not inverted after launch and the motor direction is correct.

Hey, man, first off I want to say that you are awesome. This thing has been bugging me for a while. I tried out your patch and it does fix the inverted wheels. I did however notice that the wheels, although moving in the correct direction, appear to rotate the opposite direction, so I also adjusted the "rotationAdjustment = 2.0" value to "rotationAdjustment = -2.0" to correct the visual rotation of the rover tires. Do you get the same symptoms on your end?

Here's a link to download the corrected rover wheel CFG (for v409) if anybody's interested. View it here. I did also, however, notice that I still get the reversed motor direction bug if I launch the rover attached to a lander. That is however a firespitter bug.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

I'm glad I helped :) This thing was bugging me too so I decided to look into CFGs and find out what I can do about it.

Also the wheels are indeed rotating in the opposite direction though the rover is driving forward. I just didn't notice it earlier. Of course "rotationAdjustment = -2.0" fixes this problem.

I don't want to overstep my bounds here, but I believe that Phase 4 will be the final update, at least for a while. I can talk to Helldiver on Skype to see if I can get him to provide some sort of status update in the next couple of days.

I don't want to overstep my bounds here, but I believe that Phase 4 will be the final update, at least for a while. I can talk to Helldiver on Skype to see if I can get him to provide some sort of status update in the next couple of days.

This pretty much.

Unfortunately my time has become rather limited lately. Aside from fixes to Phase 4, I have no plans for any further phases for a while. I decided to take a break and catch up on other projects for a while, but I will be dropping in here and making sure we get some final bug fixes on Phase 4 taken care of.

So what's the future? I decided to work on our own project myself and OrbitusII. I do not have a lot of details nor would I share them here. However those testers that were part of this project I plan on migrating them over to the other if they are willing. My stream will still be the same and soon I will begin streaming progress on the other project.

Again, thanks everyone for all the support and like I said I still monitor the thread, I'm still in contact with everyone and everything and I'm still taking care of any fixes left.

What happens if you attach it to the lander with motor reversed?

There's a bug I reported to snjo in the firespitter thread in this post. Snjo confirmed it as an old firespitter bug with the FSwheel module. Last I heard from snjo he hasn't had a chance to get to it. However, it can be worked around by just manually reversing back any motors that get reversed. It's just highly annoying to me, I guess. I posted a craft file in that thread as well that reliably reproduces the firespitter bug. It's not about reversed rover motors attached to a lander. It's about a rover launched on a lander resulting in some or all motors starting off reversed even though you didn't set them to reversed. The craft I posted launches with the wheels on one side reversed. As you can imagine, it doesn't drive well like that and would lead to confusion to the uninformed, especially when the context menu doesn't accurately report the correct state of whether it's reversed.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF