[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

HELP!

The space station and rover mods are working but the two space shuttle ones are not HELP! What do I do!?!?!?!?!

Can you describe in detail what is not working? Can you provide logs (the ksp.log file)? It is vitally important to provide detailed descriptions of what you are seeing. You also need to list out the mods you are using and their version numbers. There is no way to help you without that information.

I am having trouble with the Service cars and trucks when I launch from the VAB the vehicles sink into the runway and are unusable I am not sure what the cause is, the shuttles and the helicopter are working fine but the service vehicles like the sedans and the lorry sink those are all I have unlocked can anyone advise on a fix?

I am having trouble with the Service cars and trucks when I launch from the VAB the vehicles sink into the runway and are unusable I am not sure what the cause is, the shuttles and the helicopter are working fine but the service vehicles like the sedans and the lorry sink those are all I have unlocked can anyone advise on a fix?

This is a problem with the wheels and placing them in the SPH. You need to add each wheel (Don't use the mirror symmetry feature) and you need to rotate each wheel so that a little indicator (For the sedans it's a white tab on the inner side of the wheel extending from the hub, for the Lorries it's a simple red triangle) is pointed down.

The loading bar goes to the end and then the window just closes.

Also, when I am moving the GameData Mod folder into KSP gamedata, it says

Could not find this item

This is no longer located in C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa0.744\KSOS_v408_Pack_1\GameData\KSO. Verify the item's location and try again.

Sounds

Date Created: 14\10\2014 17:40

Try Again Skip Cancel

I always press Skip then

Help? need more info?

Edited by DougieJaye

It won't let me post the log file, but it does say something about no memory, however I've still got 378 GB left on my hardrive...

RAM not harddrive. But it wouldn't necessarily matter if you had enough RAM (378 Gigs of RAM would be AMAZING!), KSP runs on the Unity engine... which plays with RAM funky.

Are you running KSP x32 or x64? KSO works in 64 (though no support) and you shouldn't have issues running out of RAM in x64.

KSP 0.25 funnily enough does not throw a compatibility error message about the km_Gimbal_2.0.dll. So no rush needed.

Fair enough. I don't think km_gimbal does version checking.I've also not noticed any issues using it so I'm sure it's all good. dtobi has a bunch of offers so his mods will be continued for sure. :)

It won't let me post the log file, but it does say something about no memory, however I've still got 378 GB left on my hardrive...

I know there's some service on the Internet that lets you post those things, but if all else fails you can copy and paste everything into the

tags. (Just make sure you know how to use the tags before posting a whole KSP.log file, they're gigantic)

One more:

KSOS-7 & 8 deliver Starlab's solar array truss segments. I have a couple more mission highlights to do, then it's back to building payloads for the KSOS. I think the Multipurpose Colony Module I'm working on is done and about ready for a public beta.

Link to the properly sized images here.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

One more:

KSOS-7 & 8 deliver Starlab's solar array truss segments. I have a couple more mission highlights to do, then it's back to building payloads for the KSOS. I think the Multipurpose Colony Module I'm working on is done and about ready for a public beta.

Link to the properly sized images here.

Youre using Infinite Robotics from the arms yea? Do they fit in the Super 25 with a KSOS station piece in the bay?

Youre using Infinite Robotics from the arms yea? Do they fit in the Super 25 with a KSOS station piece in the bay?

I am using Infinite Robotics with Zoid's reworked meshes. I don't have arms in the shuttle's payload bay. Instead, the Pier One module has an arm that reaches into the bay, and the Self-Propelled Remote Manipulator System (my answer to not having a rail system on the station) has an extended version of the Pier One arm. If I put an arm into the shuttle cargo bay, I wouldn't have much room for the larger payloads.

Two more mission highlights: KSOS-9 and KSOS-10

KSOS-9: Fuel Tank Module (link here)

KSOS-10: Starlab Resupply (link here)

If people are interested, I'll post more mission highlights, but I need a break so I can finished the Multipurpose Colony Module and build some payloads for the KSO.

i think something changed with the flight physics in Firespitter or with far. the kerbostar seems far less stable than it once was.

I wouldn't rule out a change in FAR, but it's also likely that craft files were messed up a little with the transition to 0.25. Firespitter doesn't mess with part physics, so I doubt it could be anything related to that.

Great job as always, Angel! Your station looks awesome! Here's my station in its current state:

F5PpzYC.png

qPDjs9w.png

I'd recommend taking a look at Planetshine, it really makes stuff in orbit look good with its improved backlighting.

I am using Infinite Robotics with Zoid's reworked meshes. I don't have arms in the shuttle's payload bay. Instead, the Pier One module has an arm that reaches into the bay, and the Self-Propelled Remote Manipulator System (my answer to not having a rail system on the station) has an extended version of the Pier One arm. If I put an arm into the shuttle cargo bay, I wouldn't have much room for the larger payloads.

Do you have a craft file or a subassembly I could have, Im gonna go find IR and see if I can adapt it to be something like the Canadarm for the Super 25 cargo bay.

@Orbitus II: I'll check out Planetshine, thanks! I have a ton of mods but if I can slip that in, all the better. Your station looks nice, what are the orange cylinders?

@Avalon304: Sure, I can do that. It'll take an hour or two but I'll put up all the craft files and sub-assemblies I used in the making of my mission highlights. You'll need a lot of mods though, but I'll point them out.

Edited by Angel-125

Two more mission highlights: KSOS-9 and KSOS-10

KSOS-9: Fuel Tank Module (link here)

http://imgur.com/a/atKck

KSOS-10: Starlab Resupply (link here)

http://imgur.com/a/vksqP

If people are interested, I'll post more mission highlights, but I need a break so I can finished the Multipurpose Colony Module and build some payloads for the KSO.

why are you turning westward to land? It'd be much easier to come straight in off your orbital trajectory, you won't have to pitch over and you'll have a bit more speed on approach.

Thanks! This is just IR, TweakScale and Zoids meshes for IR? Nothing else needed besides those?

Correct. If you want the other station modules, i would have to dig up all the mods I used. Things like Near Future Tech, Universal Storage, TACLS, RoverDude's array of mods, CactEye, plus my Multipurpose Colony Module that is compatible with MKS/OKS. Doable, but you will need OpenGL to run it all since Active Texture Manager is having troubles at the moment.