[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Haha my bad had to rush while making that sentence. The game does not give me any info on why it is crashing. I have tried to use it on .25 and .24.2. No errors pop up, I have tried with the Auto installer and have tried it manually. When I try to load up the game it does one of two things, loads half way and than closes KSP, or it gets in all the way and no parts show up.

Sorry for being unclear the first time.

- Just so everyone knows, v409HF of KSOS will not work very well with KSP 0.24.2 or any previous versions. With 0.25 came a stock animation module for parts that firespitter previous provided. So if you really, really, really want to use the HF version of v409 with the previous versions of KSP then you'll have to change the stock animation module in the part CFG files back to the firespitter module. So in short: use the latest versions.

- I'm guessing your problem is memory related when it fails to start. If parts aren't showing up when you do get the game running, you've either yet to unlock them in career mode or you've installed them incorrectly.

What version of KSP? Animation issues and such are usually related to Firespitter not being up to date.

Ah, that's why, I removed JSI and Firespitter because they were causing crashes. Guess I'll put up with the gears staying down till Firespitter's updated.

The folder structure could be better, so it would be easier to delete the parts you really don't need.

Just baffles my mind how a simple space shuttle mod can use up so much space and memory.

EDIT: Almost 400 MB!! How in the bloody f... it can take up that much space? Even the monstrous B9 Aerospace pack isn't nearly that big. It isn't even close. And this is just ten parts!

Edited by Las-pen

The folder structure could be better, so it would be easier to delete the parts you really don't need.

Just baffles my mind how a simple space shuttle mod can use up so much space and memory.

What parts dont you need?

Because of the awesome IVA's, OH and have you seen the whole KSO package, there is alot of parts, it is just a little bigger than FASA. Run ATM.

hmm maybe you could replace internals with say space plane+ (and would have to adjust the crew count that way you could get rid of those large textures in KSO folder and gain memory space but would lose the awesome KSO IVA (note that i did not try this it's just an idea ) i have many mods installed + full KSO package only removed vehicles pack (kept the heli only, and i deleted most of the _NRM.tga files to lower memory usage) and it works pretty good for now

All the posts on this have confused me. So, my understanding is that the problems in 0.25 are mostly a firespitter issue. Does anyone have a working 0.25 KSP that uses altnames and functions fully or are we still in a holding pattern until there is a firespitter update?

All the posts on this have confused me. So, my understanding is that the problems in 0.25 are mostly a firespitter issue. Does anyone have a working 0.25 KSP that uses altnames and functions fully or are we still in a holding pattern until there is a firespitter update?

Firespitter has a dev build for .25. You can also look at the mods that the KSO includes in its build and (if they haven't already been updated), find the .25 versions. I manually updated the bundled mods and have no trouble using the super 25.

Something tells me its not memory. I have 22 Gigs of RAM. Can anyone make a video or a big list of how to download this mod manually?

You have 22GB of RAM. Are you using 64-bit KSP? If you arent it doesnt matter. If you are, 0.25s 64-bit build is buggy, through no fault of the mod, and thats just the way it is.

Why do you need a video to know how to download this mod manually... go tot he op, and either download the combined pack... or click on the individual phase banners to download them separately. Then install them like any other KSP mod.

What parts dont you need?

Well the rocket parts and solid boosters at least. Have enough of those already.

@Woodstar

I have tried the full package. Only thing I would have liked from the vehicles pack was the actual rover. But even it was so bouncy, so I ended up removing the whole thing. So now I'm just sticking with the first package. I like to build the shuttle myself instead of having pre-assembled shuttles from package no. 3. Maybe fooling around with the second one occasionally, But I have enough of space station parts as well, so it's not really worth it.

And I use ATM. Oh boy do I use it.

Firespitter has a dev build for .25. You can also look at the mods that the KSO includes in its build and (if they haven't already been updated), find the .25 versions. I manually updated the bundled mods and have no trouble using the super 25.

Thats good to hear that you got it to work. Would you mind linking the dev build i couldnt find it.

Thats good to hear that you got it to work. Would you mind linking the dev build i couldnt find it.

Here you go:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24551-Firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v6-3-5-%28Sep-1st%29-for-KSP-0-24-2?p=1479215&viewfull=1#post1479215

And Interlude 2: Robot planes are good. Robot planes work. Robot planes are right...

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Link to album

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Link to album

Well the rocket parts and solid boosters at least. Have enough of those already.

So you pretty much only want the 1.8m shuttle (or the 2.5m EWBCL)? Download either Phase 1 or Phase 3. Unfortunately, the boosters are part of the shuttles. Theyre made to work with it. As are the tanks.

I like to build the shuttle myself instead of having pre-assembled shuttles from package no. 3

I mean youre welcome to build the shuttles yourself, but using the pre-built craft files eliminates much of the possibility of user error when flying said shuttles.

So you pretty much only want the 1.8m shuttle (or the 2.5m EWBCL)? Download either Phase 1 or Phase 3. Unfortunately, the boosters are part of the shuttles. Theyre made to work with it. As are the tanks.

So you're telling me it can't be the stock orange tank of which side I strap the shuttle. It has to be the fuel tank provided in the mod itself. That is very... princess. :huh:

Oh, and The EWBCL is what I was referring as "package no. 3". Where the cargo bay is embedded to the command pod, and you just have to add the wings. Just to make it clear. So I want the 1.8 m shuttle

From personal experience, designing shuttles is hard, the beauty of KSO is that it's easy to assemble at the price of flexibility.

KSO was designed to work as an integrated system, meaning the boosters, fuel tank, and orbiter all work together. Somebody described it as the difference between LEGOs (normal KSP) and PlayMobil (KSO). If using all the KSO parts together isn't your cup of tea, that's cool. There are other mods out there that give you more flexibility. Nert is working on the MK IV fueselage, for instance, in the dev thread. Porkjet is redesigning the MK III as well, but it's unclear when that'll be ready.

So you're telling me it can't be the stock orange tank of which side I strap the shuttle. It has to be the fuel tank provided in the mod itself. That is very... princess. :huh:

I mean... you can attempt to launch the 1.8m KSO without using the included orange tank and LRBs, but I doubt you'll get very far. But the KSO is an integrated system, meant to be used together. The orange tank and LRBs included with the 1.8m shuttle are specifically designed and balanced for that shuttle.

So, Im not telling you it can't be a stock tank and stock boosters, but you are making your life much harder by not using the included tank and LRBs.

Edited by Avalon304

Greetings fellow spacefarers,

first off, i have to say i LOVE this mod, but i need help to love it even more!!

i have installed the full package on a clean install, and i have no problems building the shuttle, however when its on the launchpad i can't take off, i hit the spacebar and hear the clicksound in the game, but nothing happens, i dont have any stages, even though ive set the staging in the vab, i have no cockpit, ive read through all 548 pages in this thread to see if someone else have the same problme, but i just cant figure it out.

Nex

I really like how the shuttle looks. I just like my disc space even more.

Would the mod still work or would my computer scream and run outside the nearest window if I removed the huge "Spaces" folder? Screw the IVAs.

Edited by Las-pen

I really like how the shuttle looks. I just like my disc space even more.

Would the mod still work or would my computer scream and run outside the nearest window if I removed the huge "Spaces" folder? Screw the IVAs.

I suggest you copy your KSO directory before making any changes. What you'll need to do is edit your commandkso.cfg file located in the KSO/Parts directory. Find the node called INTERNAL, and delete it. Then you can delete the Spaces folder. If you're using the station kit as well, you'll need to edit the station modules in a similar fashion.