[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

The smaller shuttle is designed for payloads up to 1.875m in diameter. So if you want the large 2.5m parts to fit, you'll need to use TweakScale. If you don't want to use TweakScale, then you need to use the Super25 shuttle.

ok. but i can't understand,why when i load pre builded ship downloaded from this topic he has a all in normal size,but only CargoBay is smaller...

- - - Updated - - -

this is Odyssey from original zip archive : Untitled-1.jpg

I think you may be seeing the KSOS cargo bay as the Super25 shuttle is basically 1 big part that has the cockpit, cargo bay and engine mounts in 1 piece.

Super 25 Shuttle

VAB pods -> KSO ECBL fuselage (2.5m Super Shuttle part) = Cockpit, Cargo bay, Engine mount in a single part.

KSO 18 Shuttle

VAB pods -> KSO Cockpit (Smaller Shuttle Cockpit)

Structural -> KSO Cargo Bay (Smaller Shuttle Cargo)

Fuel Tanks -> KSO Engine Mount (Smaller Shuttle Engine mount)

If that is not what you mean, could you please provide a screenshot?

Edit: Ninja'd with screenshot... (and what mod pack is that?)

Edited by Deadpan110

at first i download installer,but wasn't find a shuttle . then i download KSOS_v409HF_PACK_2 and unpack as usual . and as you can see - shuttle from downloaded library is wrong . i try to change numbers in part.cfg file and in a hangar cargo bay (one of them) is normal size,but in a lunch pad he is again is small .

Untitled-11.jpg

here it's now ......

- - - Updated - - -

yes,i was. THX!

only be course i wasn't find solution i write a message..

can you tell me,what to download for correct working mod in KSP V 0.25.0642 win7x64 ultimate. pls.:)

Okay just to be clear, that shuttle is not part of this mod pack (Kerbal Shuttle Orbiter)

It's from my Tiberdyne Shuttle Pack, which is much older and completely unrelated and incompatible with KSO. The cargo bays are currently scaled wrong due to the Rescale bug being fixed. I'll have it fixed in the next update, which has no ETA yet.

4.10 Is now up.

Pack downloads are not updated, but should be updated shortly.

You must run Active Texture Management in order for KSOS to work without crashing. Either version works, but I only tested with Basic x86.

Please report on here if you are still getting crashes.

-Firespitter updated to the February compatibility release.

-JSI RasterPropMonitor updated to the compatibility version done by MOARdv

-SmokeScreen updated.

I removed installer link for now since it still pointed to version 4.09. Once FREEMANtsinq gets a hold of me with v4.10 or any other changes, I'll upload the latest installer.

Happy gaming!

Edited by helldiver

Pack downloads are now updated.

-Please check for crashes :D

-KSOS requires ATM, I haven't been able to run it without it. Feel free to experiment with the ATM KSO config files if you feel it's destroying the external normal maps.

Pack downloads are now updated.

-Please check for crashes :D

-KSOS requires ATM, I haven't been able to run it without it. Feel free to experiment with the ATM KSO config files if you feel it's destroying the external normal maps.

Sir, I expirmented with the new release, and was able to run it without ATM by doing the following:

- Setting texture quality to Quarter quality

- Applying NTCore 4Gb patch (http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php)

to:

1. KSP.exe

2. \KSP_Data\Mono\mono.dll

Hope that helps sir!

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

- Applying NTCore 4Gb patch (http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php)

to:

1. KSP.exe

2. \KSP_Data\Mono\mono.dll

Hope that helps sir!

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

KSP can already use up to 3.5GB of memory. Running this is useless... youre only getting memory savings because you set your textures to quarter res...

Also... ATM aggressive completely destroys KSO textures... like just wrecks them...

Looks like this release has fixed the landing gear, which is nice. The animations are smooth and play properly. Ive noticed no real issues with 4.10 so far, but thats only with about 10 minutes under my belt flying both the KSO and the EWBCL.

For the next compatibility release, any chance you could update the thumbnails on the two extendable solar panels from Phase II? Particularly for the big one, it shows as almost blank on the VAB menu, instead of clearly showing what the panel looks like.

KSP can already use up to 3.5GB of memory. Running this is useless... youre only getting memory savings because you set your textures to quarter res...

Also... ATM aggressive completely destroys KSO textures... like just wrecks them...

Looks like this release has fixed the landing gear, which is nice. The animations are smooth and play properly. Ive noticed no real issues with 4.10 so far, but thats only with about 10 minutes under my belt flying both the KSO and the EWBCL.

You can easily... or should be able to make the ATM ignore the normal maps in the config file. I've done it before, I just didn't have time to make a config for this update.

Otherwise, are you able to run it without ATM?

And yes, there's something the ATM guys are doing to the textures that is foreign to me. I've used DDS texture compression all my life and have never had the terrible artifacts ATM causes.

- - - Updated - - -

For the next compatibility release, any chance you could update the thumbnails on the two extendable solar panels from Phase II? Particularly for the big one, it shows as almost blank on the VAB menu, instead of clearly showing what the panel looks like.

Yeah I brought that up to Nazari a long time ago. The problem is that the KSP engine takes a snapshot of an object in its full animated position. The KSP devs know a trick that I don't unfortunately on how to get around that.

Yeah I brought that up to Nazari a long time ago. The problem is that the KSP engine takes a snapshot of an object in its full animated position. The KSP devs know a trick that I don't unfortunately on how to get around that.

Ah well. Thanks for looking into it; if only KSP let you just specify a static image :P

Also, one change I ModuleManagered into my 0.90 was to add SAS to the flight control computer - now that it's not free, it seemed logical to add as a perk of having the computer instead of a docking port (in addition to the autonomous control it allows). It works out pretty well in my game; it might make sense to think about having it built in.

You can easily... or should be able to make the ATM ignore the normal maps in the config file. I've done it before, I just didn't have time to make a config for this update.

Otherwise, are you able to run it without ATM?

No. Never have been able to.

Holy Jebedisus someone pinch me, I thought I just woke up but it looks like Helldiver's back. I surely must be dreaming still!! :D

On topic: I did something semi-stupid and installed through the (old) .exe for .90 but I still made sure the dependencies were up to date. I never did get around to launching the KSO in .90 until last night, though, and there were a couple things I noticed immediately:

The KSO Block 9 Stock craft in the .exe is missing most of its action groups, and I think the engine gimbals aren't trimmed for some reason. I checked the craft file in Notepad++ and I could've sworn they were saved trimmed, but they didn't load trimmed. The .zip I downloaded last night definitely has more action groups than the one in the .exe, but I haven't gotten around to loading it up yet.

I think you should post the trims for the engines in the OP in case this stuff happens again. I think it's in videos, but I'm connected via 3G cellphone right now and can't look those up.

Also, on the FAR patches by the community (this is for people who're considering FAR/NEAR) I got into orbit using NEAR with a bit of fiddling to make the gimbals right, but when I tried to land there just wasn't enough drag to do so.

I got through reentry safely, but the craft's lift got it back up to 30K before it could slow down, and it got stuck at 1,700m/s. I got up, had something to drink, visited the bathroom, came back two minutes later and I was still at roughly the same altitude and speed. This was an entirely unpowered reentry attempt in NEAR. With FAR, the supersonic flight changes would've probably made me do loopy-loops above the KSC, followed by aerodynamically ripping off the wings and the back right landing gear, but it appears that in NEAR there won't be enough drag to land the KSO.

The good news is, I got the KSO to fly stock even with FAR installed for everything else once, when I'd accidentally forgotten to patch the KSO to FAR the first time I tried this mod. I'm thinking it'll be possible to keep NEAR for my rockets and to set up the KSO on stock aerodynamics. I'm going to look into it and if it's possible, I'll note it here. That'd be having my cake and eating it too!

Edit:

Also, what happened with the cabin lights? I was a bit surprised when they didn't work last night, and when I was checking if the .cfgs in the new zips were different than what I had from the .exe (they were) I saw that the module had been commented out.

Edited by Nerezza

The KSO Block 9 Stock craft in the .exe is missing most of its action groups, and I think the engine gimbals aren't trimmed for some reason. I checked the craft file in Notepad++ and I could've sworn they were saved trimmed, but they didn't load trimmed. The .zip I downloaded last night definitely has more action groups than the one in the .exe, but I haven't gotten around to loading it up yet.

This just happens. I installed the updates to test them, using my current craft files, and even my action groups were missing. Any change to files used by the crafts seems to mess up action groups.

I think you should post the trims for the engines in the OP in case this stuff happens again. I think it's in videos, but I'm connected via 3G cellphone right now and can't look those up.

Trim is 14 for both shuttles (which I believe is also the max trim for either engine) Additionally speed is 100.

Also, what happened with the cabin lights? I was a bit surprised when they didn't work last night, and when I was checking if the .cfgs in the new zips were different than what I had from the .exe (they were) I saw that the module had been commented out.

As it has been since the inception of the KSO System the cabin lights for both orbiters are turned on via the IVA. And this still works in .90.

Also, on the FAR patches by the community (this is for people who're considering FAR/NEAR) I got into orbit using NEAR with a bit of fiddling to make the gimbals right, but when I tried to land there just wasn't enough drag to do so.

I got through reentry safely, but the craft's lift got it back up to 30K before it could slow down, and it got stuck at 1,700m/s. I got up, had something to drink, visited the bathroom, came back two minutes later and I was still at roughly the same altitude and speed. This was an entirely unpowered reentry attempt in NEAR. With FAR, the supersonic flight changes would've probably made me do loopy-loops above the KSC, followed by aerodynamically ripping off the wings and the back right landing gear, but it appears that in NEAR there won't be enough drag to land the KSO.

Have you tried using the B9 air brakes (or similar parts) to reduce speed?

*BREAK*

@helldiver: thanks for the update. Any chance on getting this hosted somewhere else? KerbalStuff, github, etc? This mediafire download is crawling along at ion drive pace. Hell, maybe even curse *dives into cover*

5BpKlMq.jpg

Edited by oversoul

-snip-

As it has been since the inception of the KSO System the cabin lights for both orbiters are turned on via the IVA. And this still works in .90.

I knew there were buttons in the cabin that did different functions, but I didn't know the cabin lights were toggled via IVA only and didn't think to push any of the buttons last night. I'll give them a try today.

Have you tried using the B9 air brakes (or similar parts) to reduce speed?

I wanted to keep the KSO as stock as possible and not integrate B9 parts. I'll put them on if I decide to stick with NEAR.

Also, I like being able to switch shuttle names but having to load multiple 2048x2048 textures into memory just to do that really cuts into space for other little mods. Would it be hard to set up name switching with smaller textures via Firespitter?

I knew there were buttons in the cabin that did different functions, but I didn't know the cabin lights were toggled via IVA only and didn't think to push any of the buttons last night. I'll give them a try today.

The switch (for both orbiters) should be located on the upper instrument panel above and slightly to the right of the pilot's head. They should each be clearly marked as 'Cabin Lights'.

Additionally, I noticed a problem with the EWBCL's HUD in flight. The ADI was black while the rest of the hud was the proper green.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it had a deployable airbrake? I remember the small shuttle having one a long time ago.

The KSO does, yes. The EWBCL also has airbrakes on its CSEs