[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

And you saved the new textures as .tga files as well?

Also, if you have ATM installed you can try going into the texture cache for the KSO and deleting the cached kerbin_orbiter texture... other wise I dont know whats going on...

It worked! The Liberty finally got in! But, for some reason, there's a strange line in the heatshield.

l34tN8y.jpg

When you create your texture, be sure to save it as 24-bit at least.

I believe all KSO textures are 32-bit.

It also looks like you may be experiencing the same thing Freeman did in this post:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68429-0-90-Kerbin-Shuttle-Orbiter-System-v4-10?p=1238470#post1238470

Edited by Avalon304

Standard KSO orbiter is for campaign mode. It's a cheaper alternative until you can get to the EWBCL. The Standard KSO should also be cheaper to run than the EWBCL especially if you have your own 2.5+ delivery setup that doesn't use or need an orbiter.

Uploading 4.11 tonight which just updated the gimbal plugin and craft files.

Quick note guys: If you update to 4.11 and have already have the updated gimbal plugin from another source (say B9 for example) just use that folder and ignore the one included with 4.11 theres no reason 2 have 2 of the same copy.

KSO 4.11 includes the updated gimbal plugin in a folder named 'Klockheed_Martian'

other mods, including the standalone gimbal plugin include the plugin in a folder entitled 'Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal'.

if you already have the 'Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal' folder then you do not need 'Klockheed_Martian' folder included with 4.11, just up

Edited by Avalon304

Oooh, didn't know they changed the folder name. How weird. I just changed it to what we were using since I figured it was just your zip file. Hah!

I'll change it on the next update if that's what they'll be using.

Oooh, didn't know they changed the folder name. How weird. I just changed it to what we were using since I figured it was just your zip file. Hah!

I'll change it on the next update if that's what they'll be using.

Yea, I think sarbian did that so that any mods that still used the old version would still work with the old plugin and allow the new one to be used too. (I imagine because in the update he changed the module name and any references to the old one would break in the update.)

hello, the firespitter.dll in the current package is causing issues with KAS. Containers wont open in the VAB, using an alternate version packaged with MKS works like it should. just throwing this out there in case anyone else has the issues i did...

you will see this in the debug log

[Exception]: ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range. Parameter name: index

I believe all KSO textures are 32-bit.

It also looks like you may be experiencing the same thing Freeman did in this post:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68429-0-90-Kerbin-Shuttle-Orbiter-System-v4-10?p=1238470#post1238470

I have been attempting to do that, but there are several problems, first, when I disable the layer mask for the blank texture as it says, it just displays the blank texture, not the Ascension like it's supposed to. Second, the move tool won't even allow me to move the text anymore for some reason. Third, instead of the text layer being black, it went gray.

I have been attempting to do that, but there are several problems, first, when I disable the layer mask for the blank texture as it says, it just displays the blank texture, not the Ascension like it's supposed to. Second, the move tool won't even allow me to move the text anymore for some reason. Third, instead of the text layer being black, it went gray.

Im honestly not sure what the problem is... Ive done this several times and never had issue.

hello, the firespitter.dll in the current package is causing issues with KAS. Containers wont open in the VAB, using an alternate version packaged with MKS works like it should. just throwing this out there in case anyone else has the issues i did...

you will see this in the debug log

[Exception]: ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range. Parameter name: index

Yeah Snjo does that sometimes (mod specific Firespitter.dll compilations). In fact KSOS was using a customized firespitter.dll he compiled for me for a while whilst we troubleshot the helicopter. Just use which ever works best for as many of your mods. Hehehe. Firespitter.dll has so many features and it's teetering on bloat at this point.

Do to the significant differences, it would be Block 5 :D

"Blocks" don't necessarily change the internals (unlike version or variant A, B, C, F etcetera) instead it changes configuration. Although in the U.S. a production run will usually have it's own block. For example you could have different blocks (Block 50/52) of an F-16C and F-16D.

Do to the significant differences, it would be Block 5 :D

"Blocks" don't necessarily change the internals (unlike version or variant A, B, C, F etcetera) instead it changes configuration. Although in the U.S. a production run will usually have it's own block. For example you could have different blocks (Block 50/52) of an F-16C and F-16D.

Originally I was going to go with Block 5, (the pics even show it in the name), in this case, however Im leaving significant Block increases to you (its your mod after all), that way should anything ever be added to either the EWBCL or the standard KSO that would increment, I wont have to worry about having to sort between the crafts and can just carry over my modifications.

Nice to know that you're updating/maintain the mod again, helldiver! I/m looking forward to getting this for 1.0 (I plan to have a MASSIVE reduction in mods, with the intro of ISRU and all. That should free up space for KSOS).

Anyone else have trouble downloading this... I've tried the combine package and the seperate packages. It starts downloading very slow but then just drops to 0kbps. My internet connection is fine, anyone have a mirror?

Its your internet. I just tested the download of Phase 1 and it finished in 30 seconds.

Its your internet. I just tested the download of Phase 1 and it finished in 30 seconds.

Nope, downloaded 6 other mods, while playing with this one, perfectly able to download from Curse and KerbalStuff, speakeasy and speedtest.net check out good, it's on the path from mediafire to my part of AT&T

Nope, downloaded 6 other mods, while playing with this one, perfectly able to download from Curse and KerbalStuff, speakeasy and speedtest.net check out good, it's on the path from mediafire to my part of AT&T

I just tried it out too and the download works just fine.

It's more than likely your internet provider or some firewall/browser/OS setting. Try using a different browser or shutting off your firewall or something. We don't really have enough information from you to help you if all you say is: it don't work. Sorry.

My monitors keep going weird like this, and every time they go weird, if I try to go to the space center or revert flight, my game crashes. I only have the stock game data along with active texture management and the included files in KSOS All. I'm using a Mac, and it seems to happen quite a lot.nJsvHqI.png

I can't quite take a screenshot as the cfg is too big, but I copied and pasted it into one big code thing.

{
// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config
// Generated By KSP_Config Create (Script)

// --- general parameters ---
name = KSO_Cabin Liberty
module = Part
author = helldiver

// --- asset parameters ---

MODEL
{
model = KSO/Parts/commandkso
texture = kerbin orbiter, KSO/Parts/altnames/ksoliberty
}

scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- attach parameters ---
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z, Node Size

node_stack_top = 0, 1.452106, -0.214849, 0, 1, 0, 1

node_stack_bottom = 0, -1.457823, 0, 0, -1, 0, 2
node_stack_avio = 0, 1.306785, 0.22087, 0, 1, 0, 1
node_stack_gear = 0.0, 0.5445755, 1.108044, 0, 0, 1, 1

// Tank mount
node_stack_mount = 0, -1.4578, 1.2412, 0, 0, 1, 1

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = heavierRocketry
entryCost = 9500
cost = 4500
category = Pods
subcategory = 0
title = KSO Cockpit, Liberty
manufacturer = VEG Design Group
description = Built by a consortium of Kerbin's finest contractors, the Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter is a paradigm in spacecraft design. The KSO is unique in that its flight model together with its redundant flight management system solved a lot of the problems inherent in Kerbal shuttle launches. The KSO features a 1.5 meter cargo bay, polykarbonate composite construction, and a state of the art thermal protection system.
The KSO's cockpit features the latest in glass cockpit multi-function displays, fly-by-wire control system linked to its state of the art flight management computer. The KSO's cabin has both a mission deck and crew deck with all amenities needed for extended orbital missions and accommodations for up to six kerbonauts.

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 3.25
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.15
minimum_drag = 0.15
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 5
breakingForce = 45
breakingTorque = 80
maxTemp = 2900
fuelCrossFeed = True
dragCoeff = 0.1