[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Great mod! I want to use this mod with kerbal kontructs but it crashes every time I open the game with both mods installed, I don't think they are compatible can you see what file is it and maybe change it so it is compatible since I they are my 2 favourite mods, thanks.

Great mod! I want to use this mod with kerbal kontructs but it crashes every time I open the game with both mods installed, I don't think they are compatible can you see what file is it and maybe change it so it is compatible since I they are my 2 favourite mods, thanks.

Go up a few posts and check out the contents of my 'GameData' folder. I have Kerbal Konstructs installed. They work fine together. I, however, suspect that you are not using Active Texture Management. KSOS requires ATM to function. Additionally you can turn your texture res down to half if ATM alone isnt helping because you have many mods and you can use the -force-opengl command to save memory even more.

How do we install these support patches? Do we copy and paste them into a specific cfg file?

Download them and place them anywhere in your 'GameData' folder. (I place mine in \GameData\KSO\Patches but you can just drop them in the KSO folder.)

Download them and place them anywhere in your 'GameData' folder. (I place mine in \GameData\KSO\Patches but you can just drop them in the KSO folder.)

How do I download the cool rockets one? I've right clicked to save as but it is internet quicklink.

How do I download the cool rockets one? I've right clicked to save as but it is internet quicklink.

Open Notepad. Copy the patch you want into the notepad file. Got to File>Save As... when the save box pops up, in the 'Save As Type:' drop down select 'All Files' and then name the file ksocoolrockets.cfg and place that file in your gamedata folder.

Open Notepad. Copy the patch you want into the notepad file. Got to File>Save As... when the save box pops up, in the 'Save As Type:' drop down select 'All Files' and then name the file ksocoolrockets.cfg and place that file in your gamedata folder.

Hmmm. I tried doing that before but the engines don't show any coolrocket fx in game. Is yours?

Does this mod work with the .90 Career mode?

- - - Updated - - -

How does this game work with Career Mode .90? I was curious about starting a semi-realistic career eventually getting to the point of launching this as my STS. I was curious about how it can be researched and built. A tech tree would be nice, perhaps I'll put one together if no one already has.

My thing is cost effectiveness. How much can I save when I recover vessel? Will I have to put the shuttle back on a new EFT for every launch? Thanks for your time!

BTW, This is honestly why I bought KSP. With the different vehicles and all the resources, from mission patches and textures, this is basically its own expansion pack. Paired with FASA towers, Deadly Rentry and all the cloud and physics mods, this is a very advanced simulator. I love how the real shuttle astronauts said it flew like a brick, so does the KSO! lol But with a detailed PDF Manual (ARE YOU KIDDING?! :D) you can become a skilled shuttle pilot. 5 Star mod and worthy of donations!

Edited by Master Tao
merge double post

How does this game work with Career Mode .90? I was curious about starting a semi-realistic career eventually getting to the point of launching this as my STS. I was curious about how it can be researched and built. A tech tree would be nice, perhaps I'll put one together if no one already has.

My thing is cost effectiveness. How much can I save when I recover vessel? Will I have to put the shuttle back on a new EFT for every launch? Thanks for your time!

BTW, This is honestly why I bought KSP. With the different vehicles and all the resources, from mission patches and textures, this is basically its own expansion pack. Paired with FASA towers, Deadly Rentry and all the cloud and physics mods, this is a very advanced simulator. I love how the real shuttle astronauts said it flew like a brick, so does the KSO! lol But with a detailed PDF Manual (ARE YOU KIDDING?! :D) you can become a skilled shuttle pilot. 5 Star mod and worthy of donations!

The KSOS already has had tech tree nodes implemented. I dont remember them exactly, but I do know that you get the service vehicles at the beginning, and the EWBCL is pretty far down the tree with the 1.8 meter shuttle somewhere in the middle. Additionally the rover is in the node where you unlock the stock rover parts. Not sure about the chopper.

Given that KSP despawns any object without a command pod as soon as it falls 2.4km away (while in atmo) from the active craft recovering spent portions of the stack is complicated (though not impossible). Yes, youre going to have to put the shuttle on a new EFT with new boosters, regardless of whether or not you recover the previous launch's boosters or EFT (even the real shuttle didnt reuse the EFT though).

Hey Guys, I just installed this and I keep getting stuck on loading KSO\Parts\kmwhelirotortailkso\kmwhelirotortailkso

Note: Im using Active Texture Management and a lot of differnt mods.

Maybe you guys have an Idea how to fix this issue :3

Hey Guys, I just installed this and I keep getting stuck on loading KSO\Parts\kmwhelirotortailkso\kmwhelirotortailkso

Note: Im using Active Texture Management and a lot of differnt mods.

Maybe you guys have an Idea how to fix this issue :3

You need to install the firespitter folder that comes with the mod.

Still trying to install it, I put all the folders from KSOS complete installer I'm GameData still not working. Any advice?

You need to give us some more information otherwise we're all just guessing or you'll be ignored. If I tell you my car won't start, can you tell me why with just that much information?

What version of KSP are you using?

Did you install ATM?

What does "still not working" mean? Does the game crash or fail to start?

Help us help you.

Hm, is there a complete parts list or is the whole thing way too big for that?

Check out this post.i

Hey guys, me again. Thanks for the speedy reply earlier.

I have a quick question on flight and fuel. I've watched a ton of the iKerbal STS mission, (badass btw) and Helldivers launch and landing videos, however the issue I'm having is too much fuel. My LRBS don't run out to about 25,000m at the 15 degrees. I'm getting a 150k+ Ap before I even jettison the LRBS. Ok, so thats not so much the problem, its losing the EFT. I can make my circulation burn with a 3rd of the EFT to spare, I'm in orbit so fast that if I dump the tank, even before its empty, I'm afraid I'll leave it in orbit. Can anyone clarify? I have MechJeb2 also, however I'm still a bit puzzled as to its controls. I have Deadly Reentry and Ferram's Aerospace Research mods, which I know may effect certain dynamics, however it didn't seem to be much from watching videos of other people with the same setup. Namely iKerbals STS program. (Around 25-35,000m is where Deadly Reentry effects start/stop.)

Forgive me, I'm still fairly noob at this game, although I've been tinkering with it a little. I realize there IS a great deal of skill required to expertly maneuver the craft, although flight advice is difficult when not specific to a ship. Everything handles differently.

Side question; In an effort to create a more realistic launches I use about 3 FASA Launch Towers on my stack, the Cool Rockets mod, and I start and throttle up the KSO Main engines, as soon as they hit 100 the LRBS go and the tower releases. A little laggy but the way the game handles FPS drops is pretty smooth. It actually starts like a real shuttle launch, kinda' slow to clear the tower and then bang! Anywho, my launches have seemed to get progressively laggier. Curious if this is a game issue or just my CPU acting up.

----------

BTW, I read something a few pages back in this thread about no longer needing ATM? Sorry, I'm sure these questions have been answered more than once. I really appreciate your patience :)

Edited by diomedea

Hey guys, me again. Thanks for the speedy reply earlier.

I have a quick question on flight and fuel. I've watched a ton of the iKerbal STS mission, (badass btw) and Helldivers launch and landing videos, however the issue I'm having is too much fuel. My LRBS don't run out to about 25,000m at the 15 degrees. I'm getting a 150k+ Ap before I even jettison the LRBS. Ok, so thats not so much the problem, its losing the EFT. I can make my circulation burn with a 3rd of the EFT to spare, I'm in orbit so fast that if I dump the tank, even before its empty, I'm afraid I'll leave it in orbit. Can anyone clarify? I have MechJeb2 also, however I'm still a bit puzzled as to its controls. I have Deadly Reentry and Ferram's Aerospace Research mods, which I know may effect certain dynamics, however it didn't seem to be much from watching videos of other people with the same setup. Namely iKerbals STS program. (Around 25-35,000m is where Deadly Reentry effects start/stop.)

To answer any questions about this, we'd have to know more about your ascent profile. But seeing as you use FAR its likely that the more realistic aerodynamics are affecting how the stack flies on ascent. For reference, the KSOS was not meant to fly in FAR, and without FAR, on my MechJeb-assisted launches with my Energia booster (a few of which you can see in my sig), I get to orbit (100km x 100km) with around 1000lbs of fuel in my ET. I would imagine that the stock standard KSO EWBCL gets there with less, but its been a while since Ive flown the Block 4 standard. And even longer since Ive flown the Block 9 KSO, and the KSO was on a razor thin margin of error when I flew it.

Side question; In an effort to create a more realistic launches I use about 3 FASA Launch Towers on my stack, the Cool Rockets mod, and I start and throttle up the KSO Main engines, as soon as they hit 100 the LRBS go and the tower releases. A little laggy but the way the game handles FPS drops is pretty smooth. It actually starts like a real shuttle launch, kinda' slow to clear the tower and then bang! Anywho, my launches have seemed to get progressively laggier. Curious if this is a game issue or just my CPU acting up.

Likely just KSP being dumb, could also be CoolRockets or any number of things being weird.

BTW, I read something a few pages back in this thread about no longer needing ATM?

ATM, AFAIK, is still required.

What more data do you need? I was reading earlier posts and read something about lowering the EFT to half cap. I did, but now just before my LRBS separate I start flipping uncontrollably. lol This is semi frustrating, the shuttle flies great, I just need to master both launch AND landings together ;P This thread is really helpful, I just don't know what info is still relevant. Thanks!