[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

I do undetstand that atm loads slow for the first time to aloow the comprrssion of textures. Ill let it run overnight then and see how it goes. However i dont think ots the case ive used atm for months now and have never seen it take 1-2 hours on a single file. I did run the aggressive relase and had no issues! Its just this one file when using the basic relase. Mabye if somone could upload there gamedata/activetexturemanagement/texture cache/ kso/rpm folder if it dossnt work. but ill wait and see if this works first. Till tommrow giys and thanks

Run the game, and if it hangs on loading again, upload your KSP.txt log, please.

Ok i ran it for 5 hours no avail here is my output_log.txt http://m.uploadedit.com/ba3b/1428447583700.txt thanks

So... Ive found the issue:

Load(Texture): KSO/RPM/KSO_SSTMFD/MFD40x15002 OUT OF DATE

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Load(Texture): KSO/RPM/KSO_SSTMFD/MFD40x15002

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object:set_name (string)

at GameDatabase+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[LoadingScreen+LoadingScreenState].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at LoadingScreen+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at btnCreate.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[SmokeScreen PersistentEmitterManager] : OnDestroy

So, let me just clear up a few things before I go any further:

This is using the latest version of KSO? (4.13) And you have installed all the folders included in the zip? (Excluding the 'Ships' folder.)

EDIT: Additionally I need the KSP.txt file as well.

Edited by Avalon304

NullReferenceException

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[LoadingScreen+LoadingScreenState].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This is using the latest version of KSO? (4.13) And you have installed all the folders included in the zip? (Excluding the 'Ships' folder.)

I posted this same issue several pages back along with my log.

It's not an isolated issue.

NullReferenceException

Im using the exe installer and i also tried the rar file. Ill drop the ksp.text file when i get home in a few hours.

Im using the exe installer and i also tried the rar file. Ill drop the ksp.text file when i get home in a few hours.

Ok so i renstalled ksp again and loaded OLNY ksos and atm x86 basic. Ive replacated the issue and have fresh log and ksp files for you. Im using the 4.13 ksos pack and ksp 32 bit

hope this helps

Output_log.txt: http://m.uploadedit.com/ba3b/1428480372332.txt

ksp.txt:

http://m.uploadedit.com/ba3b/142848084185.txt

thanks for helping you are an upstanding community member

Edited by freakneek

Ok so i renstalled ksp again and loaded OLNY ksos and atm x86 basic. Ive replacated the issue and have fresh log and ksp files for you. Im using the 4.13 ksos pack and ksp 32 bit

hope this helps

Output_log.txt: http://m.uploadedit.com/ba3b/1428480372332.txt

ksp.txt:

http://m.uploadedit.com/ba3b/142848084185.txt

thanks for helping you are an upstanding community member

Ok... I know it says ATM is required for KSOS (and it is), but can you run without it just to see if you get past the file its having trouble with.

Yes it worked without atm installed and it also worked with agrresive atm installed. But i cant handle agressive and i think that if we can get this issue resolved. It would be benifical to others who might experience this. I hope im not jumping too far ahead. I just want to cover all bases. I also looked at the atm relases side by side and saw that the dils have diffrernt code in them and that the configs have slight different code. Im not any good with the dills so i can not comment on them but i took screens if what i saw in the code. It was olny 2 things but i think that could be a non issue. Im starting to think that maybe the problem im having is a 1 in 1000 chance issue with atm. Ive re downloaded everything and reinstalled to get the fresh logs. So i know it wassnt somthing like a broken/corrupt download. But again im not confident enough to say hand on heart that atm is the issue. It could even be somthing else entirely. But i doubt that. Im thinking i might try the aggressive relase but with the atm global config file settings set the same as the basic config.

EDIT: crashed after loading without atm due to ksos being a memory hog

Yes it worked without atm installed and it also worked with agrresive atm installed. But i cant handle agressive and i think that if we can get this issue resolved. It would be benifical to others who might experience this. I hope im not jumping too far ahead. I just want to cover all bases. I also looked at the atm relases side by side and saw that the dils have diffrernt code in them and that the configs have slight different code. Im not any good with the dills so i can not comment on them but i took screens if what i saw in the code. It was olny 2 things but i think that could be a non issue. Im starting to think that maybe the problem im having is a 1 in 1000 chance issue with atm. Ive re downloaded everything and reinstalled to get the fresh logs. So i know it wassnt somthing like a broken/corrupt download. But again im not confident enough to say hand on heart that atm is the issue. It could even be somthing else entirely. But i doubt that. Im thinking i might try the aggressive relase but with the atm global config file settings set the same as the basic config.

EDIT: crashed after loading without atm due to ksos being a memory hog

I figured it would crash without ATM, thats ok.

But youre saying that it also worked with ATM aggressive, and its only with ATM basic that this is an issue? If so its definitely an ATM issue and not a KSOS issue. I would head over to the ATM topic and post your logs there and explain that it only occurs with ATM basic installed. Or you can switch to ATM aggressive.

~~~

Also, I finally edited my first shuttle mission in 0.90, so that fun. Here it is:

Is this project dying? Will this mod be continued? Just wondering.

Not dying. But we've been in a pretty stable position for a while now Im not sure how much intent there is to keep adding on Phases (especially since we already hit the upper limit of KSP's memory usage).ex

This mod is so full (By content and by memory need) and it feels pretty much finished. I would not have any more ideas what to add and the memory is limiting it too.

Back when we were in Phase 4 development, there were one or two ideas kicking around, from what I remember, but I dont know whether or not there are any intentions to actually add them.

Anyway...

It sounds like 1.0 is just around the corner. I have no idea how close, but I figured a PSA might be in order.

If you rely on the KSOS for your space program, you should very likely hold off on updating to KSP 1.0 until we update the KSOS for it. Theres no telling what the new aero model will do to the flight profile of either orbiter, much less the chopper.

Edited by Avalon304

I don't know why it wouldn't work on a Mac. I've had it running before. You may need to do a manual install, though, as I imagine the exe installer wouldn't work very well :D

Disclaimer, I've not run this add on for a while now, but I've never seen an in game add on that is windows only.

Is there a hope that we MAC users will be able to use this mod?

I really like the looks and parts in this mod!

Theres no reason the KSOS wont work on a Mac. (Please... stop typing Mac as MAC... its not an acronym for anything...) The installer doesnt work on Mac, but you can easily install it manually (alongside ATM).

Are you referring to memory issues? It is true that you can't use many other mods with KSOS it still works perfectly fine. I've loaded KSOS into my gamedata file before through almost every iteration and i must say it always works fine and I have a MAC ;)

I've tested the KSO Shuttle with FAR it is quite capable of flight on ascent all the way to gliding and landing for orbital missions,mine your deorbit burn though,I highly recommend using mechjeb for ascent and glidscope. ;)

If you have an hour to land that is. Just use B9 air brakes or SXT airbrakes and slow her down after re-entry.

Is this project dying? Will this mod be continued? Just wondering.

Helldiver sent me and the rest of the team for this mod a quick update within the past month or two, but I'm not sure what he has planned beyond a revamp of the smaller shuttle. I'll try to get in touch with him soon, I plan on getting back to work on our side project around May 10 so hopefully we can get an update around then.

Edit: that update was in February. I sent him a message last week but I need to access my home computer (which will happen in May... :huh:) to ensure communication with him.

Mac users should be able to use everything except the installer. Because we don't have a Mac-compatible installer, you'll need to install everything manually (which, thanks to Squad, isn't too hard).

Edited by OrbitusII

Edit: that update was in February. I sent him a message last week but I need to access my home computer (which will happen in May... :huh:) to ensure communication with him.

I sent him a message at the end of March, but he hasnt been on the forums since then either.

This is a problem with the way KSP loads TGA textures (in that sometimes KSP doesnt load TGA textures at all), not a problem with the KSOS. Reload the game a couple of times. Additionally, go into the ATM texture cache and delete the KSO folder and let ATM recache the files.