[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

KSO seems to be dramatically lagging my game up. I don't know why. I tried installing only it and ActiveTextureManagement, but my game loads unbearably slow, and runs my computer's CPU very high. It doesn't do that with other mods: just this. Any ideas?

KSO seems to be dramatically lagging my game up. I don't know why. I tried installing only it and ActiveTextureManagement, but my game loads unbearably slow, and runs my computer's CPU very high. It doesn't do that with other mods: just this. Any ideas?

Is this the first time you are running ATM?

At the dawn of 1.0, I just wanted to say thanks for the KSO developpers, and that this mod needs to make it into the KSP-ReleaseVerse... It's the favorite parts my son uses in his rockets :cool:

At the dawn of 1.0, I just wanted to say thanks for the KSO developpers, and that this mod needs to make it into the KSP-ReleaseVerse... It's the favorite parts my son uses in his rockets :cool:

I plan to extensively test the KSOS (atleast phases 1-3) in KSP 1.0, and Ill be providing a detailed report to helldiver. Im hoping not too many things break... but Im sure there will be many issues with the KSOS under 1.0.

As such:

I strongly advise that you (and anyone else) install KSP 1.0 separately from .90 (or hold off on updating) if you wish to keep using the KSOS uninterrupted until we have had a chance to see what has broken and what needs changing.

Edited by Avalon304

I plan to extensively test the KSOS (atleast phases 1-3) in KSP 1.0, and Ill be providing a detailed report to helldiver. Im hoping not too many things break... but Im sure there will be many issues with the KSOS under 1.0.

As such:

I strongly advise that you (and anyone else) install KSP 1.0 separately from .90 (or hold off on updating) if you wish to keep using the KSOS uninterrupted until we have had a chance to see what has broken and what needs changing.

And to add to that: please don't come here day one (when KSP 1.0 is released) and request an update or spam the thread with "please update" or "it broken." We know already.

Just dropping by to say that this is a truly amazing mod. The parts fit perfectly with the rest of the Kerbal universe, and the detail in those MFDs is great ! The only little thing that I think is missing is adding VesselViewer to the plugin section - it's very handy to toggle parts and such without requiring action groups or externals. Other than that, bravo !

Ok guys... the KSOS is well and truely broken in KSP 1.0. Please DO NOT update to 1.0 if you rely on the shuttles at all... it will not work.

Is it because of the dependencies aren't updated for 1.0 or because of the new aerodynamics?

Is it because of the dependencies aren't updated for 1.0 or because of the new aerodynamics?

Right now Im going to go with: All of the above. I've already sent off a report to Helldiver about the state of Phase 3 in 1.0 and Im about to install Phase 1 and do the same.

we can rebuild it (we have the technology...)

Indeed we do. And were gonna need it... also, longtime no see Naz.

Ok guys... the KSOS is well and truely broken in KSP 1.0. Please DO NOT update to 1.0 if you rely on the shuttles at all... it will not work.

It's really no surprise. I don't know why anybody is surprised by this anymore. But thank you for letting us know anyway. I won't be able to do any testing until the weekend.

It's really no surprise. I don't know why anybody is surprised by this anymore. But thank you for letting us know anyway. I won't be able to do any testing until the weekend.

Oh, Im not surprised. I fully expected 1.0 to break everything.

~~~~

Anyway, while were working on making the KSOS less broken here are two vids for you of my 0.90 space program:

STS-2:

and STS-3:

Enjoy!

I don't want to sound impatient, but I can't wait for this mod to update, it was a fixture in my pre-1.0 space program, keep it up.

On that note, have you guys considered migrating to the stock cargobay animation module? That would remove the dependency on firespitter. As much as I like firespitter's texture switching, I see that as more of an optional feature.

I don't want to sound impatient, but I can't wait for this mod to update, it was a fixture in my pre-1.0 space program, keep it up.

On that note, have you guys considered migrating to the stock cargobay animation module? That would remove the dependency on firespitter. As much as I like firespitter's texture switching, I see that as more of an optional feature.

It will take much longer than normal in this update, the thermal, aerodynamic, engines and solar panels all need updates.