[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Has the memory issue been fixed? If I remember right, the basic KSO systems are working, but it eats so much memory you can hardly have any other mods in a simple install.

It has very high res textures. That's not an issue to be fixed. It's one of its core features and yes it means it eats into what other mods you can install.

If you don't want high res textures then install active texture management and edit the settings for KSO so that ATM will resize them and reduce quality so that they have less RAM footprint.

Or manually resizing its textures yourself is an option.

Getting no smoke out of the engines, every launch I try, both shuttles roll lazily to a nose-down position. Max alt is less than half a kilometer. Not sure what the trouble is. Anyone have any advice on this? Get the same result flying mechjeb or manual control.

So has anyone just tried converting the existing textures to .dds for this to work in 1.0.x?

My download works in 1.0.4, but it only works in that it appears correctly on the screen. When you fire up the engines, it's not the same at all. I don't think that's a texturing issue, but I don't really know.

I just use Klockheed Martian engines, Comorant Aerospace, Mk3 expansion by SuicidalInsanity, and (Most useful to make it a Space Station Shuttle) Mk3 +2 seats. Can't find a link for the last, but look it up on KerbalStuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I use KW/SpaceY for SRBs.

• 2 weeks later...
Will this be updated to 1.0.4?

I wish I knew bud. I've been using the 1.0.2 version, but it's buggy. The tail plane does not work as an actual control surface, and it's kind of unstable. I don't know what they have to do to update it to 1.0.4, but if I could help I would.

Although I might just slow them down. :P

I wish I knew bud. I've been using the 1.0.2 version, but it's buggy. The tail plane does not work as an actual control surface, and it's kind of unstable. I don't know what they have to do to update it to 1.0.4, but if I could help I would.

Although I might just slow them down. :P

I will be looking at everything when the unity update comes to KSP. The tail plane change was necessary, because of a bug caused by the new aero & heat system.

Does anyone have a solid launch profile for MechJeb? or an updated launch tutorial? I tend to have too much fuel in my EFT now when I reach orbit. Mechjeb works fine until just till the end of the circularization burn, it flips me end over end. Just curious, whats YOUR launch experience with the KSO mini shuttle in 1.0.4?! :D

Does anyone have a solid launch profile for MechJeb? or an updated launch tutorial? I tend to have too much fuel in my EFT now when I reach orbit. Mechjeb works fine until just till the end of the circularization burn, it flips me end over end. Just curious, whats YOUR launch experience with the KSO mini shuttle in 1.0.4?! :D

Well, I haven't used KSO in 1.04 but from what it sounds like it just sounds normal. The KSO as it was was balanced against pre-1.0 stats and physics so its naturally going to have more fuel leftover after circularization because it was meant to use around 4500m/s delta-V to get into orbit, and now the dV to get into orbit is somewhere in the neighborhood of 3500m/s. I'd say either remove the extra fuel in the VAB or take it as extra payload that you can send up.

And as for Mechjeb, it probably just has issues coping with the offset thrust once it starts lowering the throttle. You could spare yourself that issue by just circularizing yourself. Or, by doing the launch yourself. Presuming KSO flies properly under the new aero, it won't be that hard to fly and ultimately it'll be more fun.

I will be looking at everything when the unity update comes to KSP. The tail plane change was necessary, because of a bug caused by the new aero & heat system.

I'm more than happy to wait for this. The KSO is such a beautifully stock system and FUN! Looking forward to the return--when ram will be less of an issue. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

If I have 150dv left my mini-KSO tips up after it stops on the runway. I did use a chute when I didn't need to, and I also turned off the e-brake. But that was in 1.0.4. My Ubiowelded structures won't load currently so not sure how the KSO performs in 1.0.5.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2015 at 10:59 AM, Stone Blue said:

Anybody noticed yet that all the download links in the OP are boogered from the new forum switch?

that is the most recent version of the mod.

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

On 12/9/2015 at 1:44 AM, Nazari1382 said:

that is the most recent version of the mod.

That's the most recent version of the *entire* mod.  It'd be nice to have access to the individual packs again for those of us who want to only use part of the mod (like Pack 1 + Pack 2, for example)

1 hour ago, panarchist said:

That's the most recent version of the *entire* mod.  It'd be nice to have access to the individual packs again for those of us who want to only use part of the mod (like Pack 1 + Pack 2, for example)

Yep , thats true...