[WIP] Nontek UltraHeavy Industries 2014 Catalogue (Preview/RFC)

snarfevs

That's really pretty texture work.

Also, it's nice that you chose to make science parts. Every other category is pretty oversubscribed.

also I laughed at the descriptions, those iso codes, keep writing

Edited by comham

Looks nice but the texture resolution is a lot higher than it needs to be. There's really no justification for it considering that people have other mods installed too. Cutting into the memory budget like this just for a few smallish parts is a little silly, don't you think? You should be aiming for about 256 pixels per meter. That's roughly the resolution on B9 parts, and they already look a hell of a lot better than stock.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Models look really awesome. I suspect their tris count is a bit higher than the stock parts. But that wouldnt be a problem. I found to my suprise that bobcats aresV launcher stage contains nearly 34000 tris (!) And thats loaded by the game without issue. I think the tris count really dont matter so much as long as the physics collider is simple (as ksp handles physics on the cpu but graphics on the gpu)

Models look really awesome. I suspect their tris count is a bit higher than the stock parts. But that wouldnt be a problem. I found to my suprise that bobcats aresV launcher stage contains nearly 34000 tris (!) And thats loaded by the game without issue. I think the tris count really dont matter so much as long as the physics collider is simple (as ksp handles physics on the cpu but graphics on the gpu)

Hey Lande remember the utilities lander idea I meantioned? Some of these parts would be just the trick to make it look industrial and exciting.

Hey Lande remember the utilities lander idea I meantioned? Some of these parts would be just the trick to make it look industrial and exciting.

Yes. I love the industrial look. I think these parts would go nicely with that kind of concept. But perhaps the color sceme isnt really chaka monkey style. I have some ideas for some industrial parts for cm and some Sls and spacex based stuff.I wrote a long message to you about the subject but my phone crashed and im too lazy to rewrite it right now:P. Ill probably just update you on it later when i have something to show off. Im currently working on a few new parts models for both el, ors and for chaka monkey

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.