Who introduced you to KSP?

Cobalt60

Stumbled somewhere on it...

First thought (after watching a video): What the??? Pyrotechnics simulator???

Second thought: No, looks more serious. Still don't want to even try... or I'll stick to it...

Third thought: But so tempting...

Several days later: Preorder!

Saw it on PC gamer way back in february 2012 http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/10/sim-plicity-i-am-a-rocket-scientist/

After a fe months in may i was wondering what game i will play i wanted something different so i downloaded the demo on steam played it for about an hour or so and when i finished i immediately bought the game in KSP store.

Introduced me? Well, I guess it was a combo of Wiki, and katateochi. I stumbled upon KSP whilst being referenced to a Wikipedia article during an internet induced stupor; after a quick reads on the Wiki, I was convinced to see this game in action, and low I was greeted with this video:

Needless to say, I was impressed!

It was mentioned a few times in the Register (tech news) forum. I must have gotten a clear-enough description of what it was that it stuck in the back of my mind, although I had never seen any videos of it or other mention. Then one day I decided to take a look at it online, and within minutes decided I needed it!

Note: I was by then an experienced user of the Orbiter flight sim, and understood what a spaceflight sim was. What I immediately noticed about KSP was the sandbox build-and-test-what-you-want aspect, plus the simplified yet somehow superior user interface. Orbiter is great, but I always wanted to design and fly my own ships, and used the various "newbie" add on tools (spacecraft3.dll and multistage2) to accomplish that. But in KSP no programming was needed; building and flying your own ship is part of the experience for everybody. That, and interesting places to visit, and reasons for going to visit these places, is what hooked me.

KurtJMac. I had watched one of his FLOB videos in like 2012 and then came across his name last spring. I wondered if he was still walking to the far lands and sure enough he was. He had also posted about 10 videos where he played this goofy looking space game...

Then I woke up today and really need to shave.

KSP suddenly appeared on other forums. After i read the name some times i googled it and found the demo (at that time 18.3 was new). On the evening i told some friends on our TeamSpeak Server, we all downloaded the demo and startet a race to the mun. I won because i found Scott Manly on youtube that day :D

Some friends at school were talking about this game about space, and I was generally interested in space so I asked and they said it was "a bad game where you press spacebar and a rocket flies up" I thought that I should have a look just for a quick laugh and found this bloke called Scott Manley.

It turned out that it was not a terrible game and that the aforementioned friends were total nutjobs.

Bought the game after one hour of the demo version.

I just happened to walk in on a friend playing it. I asked him what it was and he said it was a space flight simulator; to which I replied: "I'll tell you right now that I will become obsessed with this game". A few days later, I went on a 24-hour straight drive of attempting to land on the Mun and I haven't looked back since :D

Found the demo through searching Google. Downloaded it and played it for an hour or so, and thought it'd be an interesting game when done.

About a month or so later, I noticed that lets-plays of the game were everywhere on Youtube. I'm struck by the odd feeling I missed something. Two episodes of Scott Manley's Reusable Space Program series later I'm off to town to put cash on my Steam account in a classic 'take my money' scenario.

So basically, Scott if you're reading this and find yourself in Dublin sometime, I owe you a pint. (This offer also extends to any member of our modding community, and for that matter, Squad themselves :D)

I found it on Steam, I was looking for something space oriented. Put it in my wish list. Sometime later I saw a story about it on MSNBC which made me decide to buy it plus it went on sale. Should have bought it earlier though.

Kurtjmac, I'm a trusty Farlander and watch almost every episode of his main series Far Lands or Bust while I was searching through his older video's I came accros his KSP series and watched it all the way from the beginning. I tried it myself but I couldn't get much done so I left it. I later stumbled accross Scott Manley and a couple of his tutorials got me back into the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.