What Game Mode is for you?

nMitch

Whats your Game Mode?  

1. 1. Whats your Game Mode?

• Career
    • Sandbox
    • Multiplayer when it's released

Hey guys,

With this DevNote, and even DevNotes past, I've been hearing some heated debates about Development leaning towards career mode. I understand that Sandbox is always being updated when career mode gets updated even though Career gets more features than sandbox. But isn't that the way it should be?

Anyway, I've started 3 career games since it was introduced but my latest one is the one that I got the farthest in but I usually stop playing and start a Sandbox. I Just like the RPG pliability especially when I use Crew Manifest to give my Kerbals rank, and Final Frontier to give them Ribbons. But i still do probe incursions and would still like R&D to be open at least the Archives, and see the witty science notes when i do science.

That being said I would love to hear your take on this debate and see what you guys play the most. Thanks.

Career Mode, I've always loved the whole "start small" work your way up kind of thing. Never played creative mode in Minecraft, always had to do it the old fashion way.

Of course sandbox was fun as heck when it was the only thing, but when career came out, I just liked it better.

Career mode, but I'd really like to see the science get some more depth. It feels too rigid and one-dimensional right now. My greatest fear is that the multiplayer will take over and there won't be any further improvements to science and the career mode. :(

Why not both?

Career for when I want to be more "realistic" and semi-RP.

Sandbox is for doing whatever I want.

Career is more "gamey"

Sandbox for testing things.

I had more arguments, but they kinda bailed my mind.

Development leaning towards career mode.

That's because sandbox mode is essentially complete. Because it doesn't need any science system, contracts, money, etc it doesn't require any dev time. What would the devs do to sandbox? Career mode still has a lot of stuff that has to be implemented.

Is KSP a game or a simulator?

If it's a game you need career, et al, so you can keep track of your score.

If it's a simulator then you just need all the sandbox options to simulate.

If it's both, they both have their place. If it's neither then I hope you're having fun anyway.

I've never played career mode.

I do wish they would turn on science reports and points for sandbox mode, however, just to add to the fun there.

you can go into the game files for a career save and edit the science point cost of all the techs to 0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.