Auto hide flags in map view.

Hello.

My problem is that after marking every biome I have been to, it becomes increasingly annoying to have my mission list filled with them. I also don't like it that the save says 17 flights, while I only have 3 flights.

Is it possible to hide flags, on the mapscreen automatically, like space debris (but not counting them into debris category)?

And is it possible for the game to not recognize flags as flights?

This might be possible with a plugin, but there's no way to do this that I know of, it's not a settings.cfg option for example.

Ideally your choice of what to display would be persistent, you'd be better of suggesting this in the suggestions forum :)

To temporarily hide flags you can right click the flag icon in the tracking station, or if you go to map view and hover your mouse over where the Altimeter would be you can do the same thing.

Yeah I know that, but it gets a bit tedious to do that all the time, I also had an accident when orbiting the sun I targeted a flag instead of the space station, because they were too close to each other.

What I am thinking about, if normal display state of the debris is offline, and everything else is online, there must be a way for the program to know this. Maybe some boolean value.

• 1 year later...

I think you missed the second part of what he was saying, Torraqe. While flying a vessel, press M. Hover your mouse over the top-middle of the screen, the same place you would normally see the altimeter. A series of icons should pop up. By clicking on them, you can toggle that class of objects' visibility in the map view. No need to switch to the tracking center required.

You don't really need to use flags to mark the biomes you've visited. There's a tab in R&D that tells you what experiments you've run, and you can filter by planetary body. This has the added advantage letting you know when you visit a biome and forget to take a surface sample (or whatever).

I only use flags to mark good landing spots. If I find a nice flat spot at sea level on Duna or a high altitude flat spot on Eve, for example, I'll put a flag there for the next trip.

Edited by tsotha

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.