[WIP] "Connected Living Space"- API for connected habs (new download 9 June 14)

codepoet

CLS is fortunately still doing its thing, though obviously it doesn't do anything about the stock crew transfer (which I'm just going to ignore for now). Flower_child tried to fix the stock transfer thing in BTSM, and apparently all he could do is cancel the transfers as they happen.

CLS is fortunately still doing its thing, though obviously it doesn't do anything about the stock crew transfer (which I'm just going to ignore for now). Flower_child tried to fix the stock transfer thing in BTSM, and apparently all he could do is cancel the transfers as they happen.

So are you saying that CLS still "works" as in it still identifies which parts are connected to each other according to its own scheme?

Since CLS itself does not actually move kerbals around - you need ship manifest or Kerbel Crew Transfer to do that, I am not sure that it is appropriate for CLS to do anything to influence the stock behavior - it would be more within the remit of SM/KCT. What do others think?

So are you saying that CLS still "works" as in it still identifies which parts are connected to each other according to its own scheme?

Yeah, that's what I mean. It Didn't Break[tm], and at least SM still works okay with it.

Since CLS itself does not actually move kerbals around - you need ship manifest or Kerbel Crew Transfer to do that, I am not sure that it is appropriate for CLS to do anything to influence the stock behavior - it would be more within the remit of SM/KCT. What do others think?

Personally I wouldn't complain if it messed with stock behavior at all, but one could argue that actual moving of crew around is more of a hassle than gameplay, while the spaces remain useful for things like sanity/life support/workspace mods. So, I guess I'd agree with you.

I know it's been your intent to keep CLS itself as merely a framework, but restriction of internal transfer is such a basic and intuitive application of CLS that it really ought to be built-in, as it seems a bit silly for someone to maintain a separate plugin for this purpose alone. There could be a config file to turn it off for those who don't want it.

I know it's been your intent to keep CLS itself as merely a framework, but restriction of internal transfer is such a basic and intuitive application of CLS that it really ought to be built-in, as it seems a bit silly for someone to maintain a separate plugin for this purpose alone. There could be a config file to turn it off for those who don't want it.

On the other hand you could argue that CLS is not necessarily about transferring crew. I know that other uses of it have not born fruit yet (a great disappointment to me) but it could be used for a sanity mod for example, and a player might want to do sanity stuff, but only use stock crew transfers.

Is there any word on how easy / slick it is to disable the stock transfer functionality?

I think my current plans for CLS - if I get to do anything much with it are:

1) Rebuild against 0.25

2) Add a hook that can be used for inflatable habs or wetworkshops to let CLS that they have changed their capacity.

After this I will see how the dust has settled and if there is a need to fiddle with the stock transfers. I think the main reason for disabling stock transfers would be to stop people asking support questions such as "why do I need your cr*ppy mod when I can transfer in stock" which will get really annoying!

If the truth be told I am sufficiently busy in my real life that I do not quite have the capacity to maintain my mods enough to keep up with releases of the actual game. No sooner that I settle down to rebuild everything and test with a new version than another release is being talked about ansd so I put off starting on new features. :(

• 3 months later...

@PART[mk3Cockpit_Shuttle]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
passable = true
}
}

@PART[mk3CrewCabin]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
passable = true
}
}

• 2 months later...

I am having an issue where when I have this mod installed none of my docking ports will undock unless I go to space centre and back again at which point my ship explodes, but when I remove the mod my docking ports undock without a hitch. any ideas?

I am having an issue where when I have this mod installed none of my docking ports will undock unless I go to space centre and back again at which point my ship explodes, but when I remove the mod my docking ports undock without a hitch. any ideas?

Can you provide some more info, such as what other mods are installed, what parts are being used, version of KSP, OS, etc? Also, there may be info in he debug log. can you check there and pass that along as well? I can try to help as much as possible

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Please don't go too hard on me if I shouldn't be posting here anymore, I figured that the reason I was ignored in the main OP was because I didn't post in this thread, which is the one that the OP mentions as the other place to post bug reports. I hope this isn't considered necroing in this case. Posting my original comment below. 

---------------------

I'm having a very frustrating issue where, even though I've opened every hatch and even have unused docking ports, my kerbals cannot move through the station freely at all. I've included a screenshot so that you can see for yourself. Sorry if this has been answered before, but I did look around before asking.

Spoiler

oQID2WV.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.