[0.90][Plugin/WIP][Discontinued indefinitely] KittopiaTech Ingame Terraforming Tools V0.192

KCreator

The atmosphere + ring bug is problematic, its caused by the atmosphere shader "covering" the texture, and seems to be related to "adding" an atmosphere to a non-atmospheric planet. I will see if I can force the atmosphere mesh to scale down to the planet's level. As for making changes permanent: It should be able to load any changes. However, many people seem to be having trouble with it. I will do what I can to ensure compatibility.

I updated this plugin to allow basic sun shader editing, Huge thanks and credit to OvenProofMars!

But starfix is still creating odd bugs... While they are not game breaking, they are annoying for me. I will try my best to fix it. And get my github page for it up to date.

Have you considered using my methode of starlight handling? Its a lot simpler, has the same results and works like a charm :P

The atmosphere + ring bug is problematic, its caused by the atmosphere shader "covering" the texture, and seems to be related to "adding" an atmosphere to a non-atmospheric planet. I will see if I can force the atmosphere mesh to scale down to the planet's level. As for making changes permanent: It should be able to load any changes. However, many people seem to be having trouble with it. I will do what I can to ensure compatibility.

If I remember your code correctly, you're saving changes to a .cfg by using confignode.save(path, header). I noticed myself that that methode gives an inaccessible error often. I ended up using confignode.save(path+filename+.cfg) so as one string. That seemed to work better for me.

The method I am using has some advantages, mainly support for multiple flares and light sources in "Binary" systems. Though some strange graphical bugs seem to remain. Probably due to the sphere colliders.

For saving, I use a method along the line of:

save_dir = "Gamedata/KittopiaSpace/SaveLoad/"+TemplateName+".cfg";
cfgNodes = ConfigNode.Load( save_dir );
if( cfgNodes == null )
{
cfgNodes = new ConfigNode();
cfgNodes.Save( save_dir, TemplateName );
}

As for the atmosphere: It seems whatever method I used to wrap a clone of Kerbin's atmosphere mesh to a different planet no longer works, if it ever did... I will have to come up with a better solution.

I have updated yesterday to 0.24.2 (haven't played with 0.24.1). Im am running x64, Steam version, of KSP with the following mods:

-Better Atmospheres and all it's dependencies, except Custom Asteroids and Sunflares (downloaded from first page); so including KittopiaTech terraforming tools - for rings around Jool

-Alarm Clock + Toolbar 1.7.5

-MechJeb latest update

-Protractor latest update

As of yesterday, I can't get to the main menu. It crashes shortly after loading the files. In the output log I found something related to loading Jool and no data regarding all other planets. x32 launches just fine, but with an error messages in the main menu, saying that Real Solar System and Toolbar might be broken/disabled. So I figured it might be related to RSS or Better Atmospheres.

Here is the crash folder: http://www.4shared.com/get/TK9uJNkVba/2014-07-26_004850.html

It seems that KittopiaTech Ingame terraforming tools is crashing the x64 game. Without it I can start the game just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PS: Will there be an update to this mod in the near future? I loved those rings around Jool.

Are you saying you have been able to get the custom star colors and flare colors to save?

In my current dev install, the starfix always saved and loaded. Although some other factors may be involved. Try renaming your stars to not have any " " characters.

How do you make comet tails?

Using the particle tools, one can create an effect that looks like a comet trail, try playing with the values.

I have updated yesterday to 0.24.2 (haven't played with 0.24.1). Im am running x64, Steam version, of KSP with the following mods:

-Better Atmospheres and all it's dependencies, except Custom Asteroids and Sunflares (downloaded from first page); so including KittopiaTech terraforming tools - for rings around Jool

-Alarm Clock + Toolbar 1.7.5

-MechJeb latest update

-Protractor latest update

As of yesterday, I can't get to the main menu. It crashes shortly after loading the files. In the output log I found something related to loading Jool and no data regarding all other planets. x32 launches just fine, but with an error messages in the main menu, saying that Real Solar System and Toolbar might be broken/disabled. So I figured it might be related to RSS or Better Atmospheres.

Here is the crash folder: http://www.4shared.com/get/TK9uJNkVba/2014-07-26_004850.html

It seems that KittopiaTech Ingame terraforming tools is crashing the x64 game. Without it I can start the game just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PS: Will there be an update to this mod in the near future? I loved those rings around Jool.

I just recompiled against the 64bit KSP API. It should work now, but Im not sure.

Something must have changed with the PQS system, perhaps.

For now, this mod is not compatible with 64 bit, until I can find some documentation on fixing compatibility. I apologise for the inconvenience.

For now, this mod is not compatible with 64 bit, until I can find some documentation on fixing compatibility. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Thank you for looking into this.

Thank you very much.

Not sure if this info helps at all, but I got it to work OK if I run the 64-bit version with the -force-d3d11 option on, which makes it only use directx11. This makes the graphics go mental and wrong on all sorts of things, but it was at least stable. Maybe that helps in diagnosing the problem -- maybe not.

so i've been playing with this again and decided to give dres a (very tenuous) atmosphere. (because dres needs all the help it can get). it seemed to work, until i actually tried to land a probe. the planet doesn't render at all from orbit (there's just literally nothing there), and below about 30km, it renders as completely black. (there's just a huge area where the sky isn't.) when i finally touched down (at a reasonable speed), everything spontaneously combusted.

map view works just fine, though.

This plugin is likely to become obsolete soon, check out Kopernicus ( http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88168-Early-development-0-24-Kopernicus-Planetary-System-Modifier ), and StarSystems ( http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86999-0-24-StarSystems-v0-2 ). Both can, or have plans, to replace functionality this plugin provides.

Feel free to loot the code, as I have a nice reflection powered PQSLoader... Or use it to experiment.

Well... they are not doing everything I don't think. I don't think they are doing things like the comets, hazardous ocean modules. Though, since you have done it before, and if you want this plugin removed since it has less features, perhaps you could work with them or donate the respective code...Either way, I am looking forward to where these planet mods are going :)

That would be very sad, KCreator. I was planning to make a custom system with this mod one day. I wonder why those other modders are doing ti all from scratch rather than expanding upon this mod. Maybe you should get in contact with them.

I don't plan to abandon this plugin any time soon, but figuring out why it crashes a 64bit install is getting annoying. I will be moving the scope of this plugin towards documenting the PQSMods, and gameplay aspects, such as the experiments I have done with the Atmospheric Reprocesser part I attempted to code.

The editor should work in 32bit no problem, and I tested on a 64bit install, oddly it worked. I wanter if its a compatability error. To anyone experiencing crashes with 64bit, can you list the mods you were using? I would like to attempt to isolate the crash.

I can't get atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier to work. I want to restore Moho's atmosphere to what it was in 0.17. I enabled atmosphere and set atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier to 1. The next time I load the game and switch to a vessel landed on Moho it displays a black screen and locks up. What's the problem? I am running 32bit KSP. Happens with no other mods installed. Here is the cfg that kittopia produces when I save the configuration: http://pastebin.com/DN9c5Ld3

I can't get atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier to work. I want to restore Moho's atmosphere to what it was in 0.17. I enabled atmosphere and set atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier to 1. The next time I load the game and switch to a vessel landed on Moho it displays a black screen and locks up. What's the problem? I am running 32bit KSP. Happens with no other mods installed. Here is the cfg that kittopia produces when I save the configuration: http://pastebin.com/DN9c5Ld3

atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier never worked, and is likely a legacy feature. You probably could try using the HazardOcean module to emulate atmospheric heating.

I don't think I am going to use this mod until the dark rings are fixed. I really want proper glowing white/grey rings! Not any of that dark green or navy blue crap.

I could add an unlit shader option to it, if you would like? This would make the rings appear self-illuminated, and bright. It would at least make them more visible. Otherwise, I don't know what do about the shader. I cant write them, at all...

atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier never worked, and is likely a legacy feature. You probably could try using the HazardOcean module to emulate atmospheric heating.

Thanks, I will check it out. The funny thing is, atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier kind of worked once, I set it to 4.9. Then I got some freezes, reinstalled the mod, and to get the same effect as before I now had to set it to 3500. Then it stopped working again.