[0.90][Plugin/WIP][Discontinued indefinitely] KittopiaTech Ingame Terraforming Tools V0.192

KCreator

I added an unlit option to the ring tools, and remade the HazardOceans slightly, labelling the options more clearly. Ring "Lock Rotation" should also save, and should be smoother at high time warp. This version should be up soon.

I will consider adding "Volumetrics" to the rings in the next update.

I guess "God mode" terraforming is kinda nice, I have been editing planet.cfg's to fit as many planetfactory planets into my solar system as possible. =P But what would be amazingly awesome would be gamed terraforming, where you drop a terraforming core part, something obnoxiously huge like a 5M, 80 ton monster. Once landed, it would tell you the raw materials it requires to terraform to life-sustaining or some other spec, say "bring twenty class E astaroids and seventy comets" Which would become a permanent contract or something. Once completed, it would be able to do the terraforming after which life support supplies would not be required to sustain a base.

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to look in to using asteroids as a form of rudimentary terraforming tool: In the next version, Smashing an asteroid into a planet will create a crater, and thicken(or add) the atmosphere a bit. And I will add comets to the asteroid spawner. These will be used to add oceans to a planet.

Terraforming with parts, time and resources is planed. However, balancing and making it less of a UI navigation task, will take time.

Whoa.. ingame terraforming????!? If this can be done I will have your babies.

Talk about the ultimate end-game. I mean we have colonization, resource extraction, and off-world shipbuilding. I mean this would just be icing on the cake. I know we would be dealing with some CRAZY large resource counts, but starting with basic impact terraforming sounds great. I could see going a KSPI route and maybe creating MEGA-RESOURCES, like a new count system for extraction (10 Mega Oxygen = 10 million O2 units), maybe with a sweet awesome compressor tank that weighs a ton but uses wobbly gobbly space-magic singularity to compress them for transport.. maybe have a Terraformer that you plug into that then calculates resource mass off-loaded and makes changes (increases atmospheric density by a small fraction, stored in a planet save file, which will reflect in science experiments).

Just an idea for how to integrate it into the game itself.. of course there would be dependencies on resource mods (maybe Community Resources, MKS/OKS or kethane). But I could see how it could totally be done.

OMG sorry, I swear I haven't thought of trying to do this.. too bad I haven't coded in a decade.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Atragon

As of now, the readme will contain the version number.

I have fixed a bug related to ocean textures. And please note that the source code in the archive will no longer be maintained. If you want the source code for the latest version, check github.

Sadly, I have been having troubles with particle emitters on asteroids (Comets), let alone getting them to leave a crater PQS on death. This aspect may take some time, as debugging is tricky at best. The next version will be primarily utility functions, and ground scatter editing. And, of course, I will have to get ready to do some damage control when .25 comes out XD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Erm... what is the command to open up the editor menu?

The shortcut key is mentioned in the original post:

How to use: While in-game, press "Control" and "P", and select a 'template', from there, change values to whatever looks good.

Ring inclination errors with lock rotation is a known issue, I will get around to repairing it soon. My HL2 mod is really sapping my time again...

As for editing renamed planets; It *should* work as normal. I will have to try It when I have time. If I can, I will fix it.

Ring inclination errors with lock rotation is a known issue, I will get around to repairing it soon. My HL2 mod is really sapping my time again...

As for editing renamed planets; It *should* work as normal. I will have to try It when I have time. If I can, I will fix it.

Cool, this will be great for Saturn and Uranus in RSS which look strange when their rings are either flat (0 degree inclination) or if they are properly inclined (27 degrees and 98 degrees respectively) and spin around with the rotation of the planet.

I have fixed the ring rotation lock, for those curious, I changed it from local rotation to global rotation. The new version will be up soon. I have also had some mild success with ground scatter. So expect that soon.

Please note, if you find asteroids named "comet", that is just an experimental feature.

I have fixed the ring rotation lock, for those curious, I changed it from local rotation to global rotation. The new version will be up soon. I have also had some mild success with ground scatter. So expect that soon.

Please note, if you find asteroids named "comet", that is just an experimental feature.

Ring rotation lock works well now, however I'm confused about what determines the ring's orientation relative to the solar system (it's Longitude of Ascending Node). Every time I start the game, the rings seem to be facing a different direction. There is no consistency, and it becomes impossible to align them to a planet's moons. An ideal way to fix this would be to implement some kind of LAN input option for the rings, similar to how an orbiting moon has a specific LAN.

Hopefully you understand what I mean, but if you need further clarification, I can upload some pictures.

Keep up the good work! This mod adds much needed features to the game.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of my favourite mods; the interface works surprisingly well and the possibilities regarding to altering planets and moons are huge. However, I have a question; is it possible to save alterations done to a celestial object? Right now when I change an object, leave the game and return again, the object in question has returned to its original state. Is it true that celestial objects have to be 'described' in configs? (Like with PFce and Kopernicus)

Edit: nvm, read the OP too fast.

In retrospect, it seems I cannot save alterations done in Kittopia after all, despite hitting 'save' in the GUI several times. Did I overlooked something perhaps ... ?

Edited by Bekiekutmoar