[0.90][Plugin/WIP][Discontinued indefinitely] KittopiaTech Ingame Terraforming Tools V0.192

KCreator

You might want to look into possible bug. When trying to export scaledspace an IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KittopiaSpace\Textures\ScaledSpace\Minmus\colourMap.png shows up for whatever planet you try. As a side note, has anyone had trouble with getting scaledspace to correctly update? I cloned Gilly and gave it a 200k km radius and tweaked the deformity some making it into a pretty cool mountainous region, but I can't for the life of me get the scaledspace to update to show it properly. Landing on it works, but the mapview is way out of whack so it's not really playable.

That is definatly due to the atmospherefromground component... I never interfaced scale to saveload, but I guess I can do that for next update.

Okay, is there already something I can change about this atmospherefromground or do I have to wait for the next update?

I have a suggestion. Would be possible to add a small fade at the end of the particle's life? Right now the particle just disappears. That small change is maybe subtle, but could be very noticeable in terms of consistency in the particle system.

I'v given up trying to create anything. Can't get anything to export a scaledspace. No one else is having this issue? I may just dualboot linux to run 64bit ksp so that planetfactory isn't an issue. As much as I'd like to use kopernicus and RSS, I just can't create with the same amount of detail as PlanetFactory, not to mention the issue I'm having with scaledspace.

I have a suggestion. Would be possible to add a small fade at the end of the particle's life? Right now the particle just disappears. That small change is maybe subtle, but could be very noticeable in terms of consistency in the particle system.

Its defiantly possible, even right now in the current version. Add decreasing alpha scales in the 5 configurable colour options, it will fade out nicely. Scaling the particle to 0 during its lifetime adds to the effect.

I'v given up trying to create anything. Can't get anything to export a scaledspace. No one else is having this issue? I may just dualboot linux to run 64bit ksp so that planetfactory isn't an issue. As much as I'd like to use kopernicus and RSS, I just can't create with the same amount of detail as PlanetFactory, not to mention the issue I'm having with scaledspace.

SaveLoad and ScaledSpace have been a thorn in my side since the beginning. I will try to make it work better, but overall it may never work perfectly. I am sorry for my plugins shortcomings.

Well I certainly appreciate your work regardless. Planet editing is certainly something that has proven to be at the top of the difficulty scale, seeing how many mods have tried to do it but come up short.

I noticed this mod causes serious bugs with planets in realSolarSystem. It's something to do with the save files, I think they conflict, but I can't remove the sections that do without kitopia not loading the planet configs by default on game start.

OH and a small request that the rings might, in some way, be made so that the body's shadow is cast upon them. I've made a reasonable shadow for the body, cast by the rings, but having them glowing brightly in the dark is somewhat detrimental to the effect.

IOryKwg.png

Here's my config for Saturn, works fine except I have to manually load it through the GUI in game. It's just the ring section as having the rest caused bugs with RealSolarSystey. Anyway I can force this to load automatically on game start?

// CustomData

PlanetDres
{
AdditionalData
{
Stock = True
AddAtmoFx = False
AddOceanFx = False
OceanLoadTextures = False
UnlitOcean = False
ModScaledAtmoShader = False
AddRings = True
AddParticles = False
DisableOrbitRenderer = False
Rings
{
Ring
{
Tilt = 0
OuterRadius = 260
InnerRadius = 140
Colour = RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000)
LockRot = False
Unlit = True
}
}
}
}

Edited by pingopete

Adding shadows and other such details to rings would be nice, but would require a custom shader. Graphics programing is a bit too tricky for me, so I would need to ask someone to create the shader (If someone does, they will defiantly be accredited). KSP's lighting system is a bit weird.

As for the incompatibilities with RSS, the way this plugin tries to modify PQS defiantly conflicts. But that AdditionalData config should load regardless... I will see if there is a problem with the plugin.

Adding shadows and other such details to rings would be nice, but would require a custom shader. Graphics programing is a bit too tricky for me, so I would need to ask someone to create the shader (If someone does, they will defiantly be accredited). KSP's lighting system is a bit weird.

As for the incompatibilities with RSS, the way this plugin tries to modify PQS defiantly conflicts. But that AdditionalData config should load regardless... I will see if there is a problem with the plugin.

Thank you very much and sorry to post requests if it has already been raised countless times :P

I'm using Rbrays EVE overhaul shadow system to cast a 'fake ring's' shadow onto the planet, roughly where it would appear from yours. The effect is actually quite nice, I tried the same principle to cast the planets shadow on the rings but I think as the rings are just projected from that sliver of texture and aren't actual in-game objects they aren't recognised by the shadows.

Thanks again for looking into this, I really appreciate it :)

I was able to fix the RSS incompatibility with rings, the error was caused by the ScaledSpace model "expanding" after the rings formed, without the rings scaling to match the new size.

As for custom ring shaders; I think it would be entirely possible, as they are GameObjects with a mesh. If you are interested, feel free to take a look at the source code and change things around.

I was able to fix the RSS incompatibility with rings, the error was caused by the ScaledSpace model "expanding" after the rings formed, without the rings scaling to match the new size.

As for custom ring shaders; I think it would be entirely possible, as they are GameObjects with a mesh. If you are interested, feel free to take a look at the source code and change things around.

Brilliant! thank you so much! I'm not the slightest bit familiar with source code editing, and I'm not asking for a tutorial but what files and areas, roughly, might I be looking for, just key words to get me started?

Brilliant! thank you so much! I'm not the slightest bit familiar with source code editing, and I'm not asking for a tutorial but what files and areas, roughly, might I be looking for, just key words to get me started?

Sure, I have the "ring" function in PlanetaryUtilClass.cs, look for

public static GameObject AddRingToPlanet

they are GameObjects with a mesh.

If they have a mesh, couldn't you just apply the stock shadow shader to it? Provided it is a shader (I don't know where to look for it). I asked on #kspmodders but got no answer.

Also, to anyone wanting to have a look the public static GameObject AddRingToPlanet is on line 240 in PlanetUtilClass.cs in the source.

Is that the 'halo' bug that I mentioned? Because I updated KittopiaTech for my mod and it's having no effect on the translucent halo around my gas giants with rings.

Has anyone tried playing with oceans? I'v been messing around some and while I can get oceans to add the body, I can't seem to adjust the terrain down so that the water is really visible. I can adjust the radius of the ocean, and that does in fact raise the water level...except it's not actually water. By that I mean if you walk to the water, you'll just fall through it and continue walking on the terrain underneath as if the water isn't there. The heightmap I used I painted black to bring the terrain down all the way, but it's still not enough to get oceans to show up properly. Also tried setting the offset to negative, but that didn't seem to solve the issue either. So just curious if anyone has any advice.

Edited by Borisbee

I seem to have tried everything, but still no luck on changing the color of the oceans, just wondering if this is a bug still needed to be worked out or if Im doing something wrong.
How to import a custom ocean texture ?

Guys, as a last resort if you want, the EVE overhaul does this. Allows you to import custom textures and change the color as well as several other values. It is a lot harder on memory though, so use it as a last resort.

Guys, as a last resort if you want, the EVE overhaul does this. Allows you to import custom textures and change the color as well as several other values. It is a lot harder on memory though, so use it as a last resort.

Alright, will do, thanks!

I tried editing minmus, and I broke it, and now ALL OF MY GAMES ARE BROKEN! What do I do?

Navigate to the folder <Your KSP Install Folder>/GameData/KittopiaSpace/SaveLoad/ and delete Minmus.cfg, then try loading your saves again.

I don't think editing stock planets is a good idea in general.

Sorry if any of these questions have been asked previously, but I have a few questions as I couldn't see them on the thread anywhere:

1. Is it an editor for existing groundscatter instances, or can it create/remove new instances?
  2. How much control in regards to placement do we have with ground scatter?
  3. Are the models in-game based off of models & textures or just textures for the people who can't model?