[0.90][Plugin/WIP][Discontinued indefinitely] KittopiaTech Ingame Terraforming Tools V0.192

KCreator

Thank you for that information. What resolution does the texture have to be? Can it vary- and if so does it have to be a square, 16:9, 2:1?

Also, is it possible for there to be the Scaled Space override for gas giants you mentioned at some point please? :)

I have been attempting to give Kerbin rings just for fun, and its not exactly working. I checked Kittopiaspace/textures to check for the kerbin_ring.cfg that you mentioned and only found a kerbin_ring.png...

Any suggestions on what may be going wrong?

Is it big enough? I had this problem with my gas giant's rings. Try making them ludicrously large and go smaller from there.

My inner ring number was 1000000 if that helps. Remember, we're talking about Kerbin here.

I click the button to give it rings and an astounding nothing happens. xD

*edit

also, what does rotation lock do?

Edited by nubeees

Rings have weird scaling issues... Seems gas giants have a need for a min of 5000 and Kerbin has a min of something like 10000. Lock rotation adds a "rotational lock" to the rings, preventing them from jiggling all over the place, but it seems a bit broken, causing the inclination to be 0.

Hopefully this clarifies things!

Where is that on the GUI?

The Atmo tools should have a "wavecolour" option, press edit, select a colour that is "inverse" ( blue = red, green = purple, ect... ) to the colour you want, press "save to buffer and exit" in the colour editor window, then press save, next to edit, on the option.

It seems that I cannot give Kerbin rings no matter what scale I choose. I haven't tried other planets yet, but I'm sure there's not much of a difference...

Thanks for telling me what rotation lock is supposed to do though!

After working long and hard... I have done it! Custom ocean textures and adding oceans to oceanless planets are now a thing, I will include a sample cfg for examples of the file format for ocean textures.

Here is are some screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/1FI26

Nice! I don't know if it's just me because it looks like the water is moving in the first pic. O_o

Going to try it now :) Out of curiosity is it possible for the example download to be made in a zip rather than a RAR? I've never bought winRAR :/

Also what resolution and what file type works?

You can use something like 7zip to open .rar archives, too. Oh, and WinRAR gives you 40 days of free trial forever - you can keep using it without buying it, even after the trial has expired.

Going to try it now :) Out of curiosity is it possible for the example download to be made in a zip rather than a RAR? I've never bought winRAR :/

Also what resolution and what file type works?

Sure, Ill upload an alternative as a .zip, also: .png is the filetype used, and it have any resolution you choose... At least in theory.

The "Instantiate" button was accidently left in by me... I can be forgetful sometimes.

It is supposed to "clone" a planet, but all it does is flood the logs with errors, so best not to use it :P.

I will try to reupload the alt file, I probably messed that one up...

edit: Try the example files now, I re-archived it, so it should work

Edited by KCreator

I accidently left them in from a planet pack I am helping to make, kinda embarrassing...

Hopefully the texture setup isn't too confusing, I really should make a tutorial... Ocean tools work best when the planet has no ocean to begin with, that way you can easily select the template ocean type, I will have to create some form of fix to help PF:CE bodys deal with oceans, as PF:CE doesn't automatically rename oceans to <PlanetName>Ocean, instead keeping something like LaytheOcean. There are some odd bugs with the ocean shader from a distance, depending on the template ocean. If I knew how to dump every variable in a shader, I would created a way to modify it further. But until then, I will continue to experiment.

I think that may be slightly related to the fact that he had not originally intended for Laythe, Kerbin, and Eve derivatives to work. And while I have gotten Kerbin derivitives to work( Laythe had various glitches in my experience), and Cooly managed to make an Eve derivative, probably successfully- it would stand to reason they are not actually put together well from a coding standpoint(such as you trying to edit them). I am going to be trying the eve derivative out later this day/week. these were not intended for this version of CE(the next version was said to be "soon" about four months ago.

Edited by braininator
I had a random because in it

I am having a small issue with a project of mine I have been working on. It requires that kerbin be moved to orbit a PF planet, and for some reason, once the orbit is changed, as well as the surface gravity, I get a null reference, and a NAN as my speed bar when I launch a craft. This is a very peculiar bug, and I am not sure what is causing it. If I send you the necessary files, would you mind taking a look at to make sure I have not done something to mess it up?

Yea, that would be best, Ill see if I can isolate the problem. Or otherwise fix it.

On a side note, the hazard "ocean" system is coming along nicely, it has configurable "heating" rates, and a configurable radius of effect from sea level. So you could use it for some interesting effects.

I also had an idea: Planetwide particle emitters, so one could use it for something like comet tails, or ablation effects. Would anyone be interested in this?

Yea, that would be best, Ill see if I can isolate the problem. Or otherwise fix it.

On a side note, the hazard "ocean" system is coming along nicely, it has configurable "heating" rates, and a configurable radius of effect from sea level. So you could use it for some interesting effects.

I also had an idea: Planetwide particle emitters, so one could use it for something like comet tails, or ablation effects. Would anyone be interested in this?

This is genius!