basaGC (Apollo Guidance Computer (AGC) implementation for KSP) [WIP]

ttb

Hi folks,

I am pleased to present to you for your guidance needs, the basaGC. In another thread I was discussing making a hardware AGC with Arduino. However due to lack of funds to purchase the hardware needed, I have created this python script to implement a version of the AGC. The interface is run in a seperate window to KSP. To grab a copy of the code, head to https://github.com/cashelcomputers/basaGC . Please feel free to test and report any bugs here or on github.

***IMPORTANT!!!1!!***

Make sure to read the readme on github. It will tell you how to use the basaGC, and a list of prerequisites. Please note that this is NOT a plugin for KSP, it merely runs alongside KSP and gets its information from the Telemachus plugin.

This screenshot shows we are running Program 11 (launch monitor). In the three data registers we can see (from top to bottom) apoapsis in metres, periapsis in metres, and time to apoapsis in seconds.

hoOlxsn.jpg

Happy navigating!

ttb

I've been waiting for this! Could there be a possible collab between you and Ledenko, who is developing a replica Apollo CM? That is, would you possibly be able to implement this into Mihara's Prop Monitor for use in IVA?

I've been waiting for this! Could there be a possible collab between you and Ledenko, who is developing a replica Apollo CM? That is, would you possibly be able to implement this into Mihara's Prop Monitor for use in IVA?

I'll contact Ledenko, could you post a link to the project you are referring to? I found a IVA project he's working on, is that what you are refering to?

Cheers

ttb

Here's the link to Ledenko's Apollo CM project. It could be the one you found since he's still looking for an IVA artist.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/48867-WIP-Apollo-like-crew-module-%28Updated-download-28-12-2013%29

The IVA is just stock MK1-2 right now but I'd love to see a good recreation of the original CM internals (within reason) similar to the ALCOR project. The Apollo missions definitely had an impact on me choosing to go into Aerospace Engineering. They never fail to amaze me no matter how many times I watch a documentary about them or recreate them in KSP.

Hi all,

Just a quick note for the geeks amongst us (me included!) you can use this as a clock without running KSP :) Simply fire up the script, then enter [VERB]16[NOUN]36[ENTR]

On another note, I would be really really keen to hear from anyone who has used this for your feedback!

Thanks

ttb

Here's the link to Ledenko's Apollo CM project. It could be the one you found since he's still looking for an IVA artist.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/48867-WIP-Apollo-like-crew-module-%28Updated-download-28-12-2013%29

The IVA is just stock MK1-2 right now but I'd love to see a good recreation of the original CM internals (within reason) similar to the ALCOR project. The Apollo missions definitely had an impact on me choosing to go into Aerospace Engineering. They never fail to amaze me no matter how many times I watch a documentary about them or recreate them in KSP.

Thanks for the reply. I have messaged Ledenko. Note that this script isn't implemented in KSP, its a pure Python script using wxPython. However I have a big interest in the Apollo Project so I may be able to help (I'm not a graphic artist tho, but *possibly* would be able to contribute somehow.

Thanks

ttb

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce the the release of basaGC 0.1. Now with a actual navigation function! Check out the changelog and manual for the gory details.

Download

Changelog

Manual

Github

New features Coming Soonâ„¢:

- Change the Hohmann Transfer program to continuously update the Delta-V display during the burn

- Add new nav functions such as inclination change, circularisation, etc

- A version for Android using Kivy

- Ability to run on a different computer over a network

- And lots more!

Thanks,

ttb

Edited by ttb
added coming soonâ„¢

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.