Largest Stock KSP Aircraft - 747

Nebula

I finally completed my 100% stock 747 replica on Kerbal Space Program

22,000 liters of fuel fully loaded

211.83 metric tons fully loaded

1,800 kN of thrust

647 parts

Can traverse the entire circumference of Kerbin (well, if you're patient, it's not exactly fast)

Tell me what you think?

It is available to download!

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kerboeing747/

The download model is at 10% fuel, you have to manually fill it higher, also it is 647 parts I apologize if it's laggy for you

Edited by Nebula

That looks amazing!

but i think this post goes in "spacecraft exchange"

This is a video of my fan work, I only put the link for people who want it, the main reason for the post is to show the video I made and to see what you guys think =] =]

That looks beautiful, and you fly it so well! Gives me ideas...perhaps a good way to transport a large space shuttle from KSC to KSC2?

Thank you! and yes it could definitely fly to KSC2 and back with a heavy payload =]

Anyone care to help me find my jaw? But in all seriousness was your entire attitude during this project, "Cheap lazy slobs using B9 Aerospace, I'll show them"?

But really. Amazing work, well done Sir/Madam/Kerbal, well done indeed.

Anyone care to help me find my jaw? But in all seriousness was your entire attitude during this project, "Cheap lazy slobs using B9 Aerospace, I'll show them"?

But really. Amazing work, well done Sir/Madam/Kerbal, well done indeed.

No haha B9 is a great mod, I just like using vanilla parts, it makes it more challenging and fun when you only have a limited number of parts to use =] and anyone who plays just vanilla KSP can use it

I cant even land a small plane... This one is humungous

You can try it out, I actually find larger planes easier to handle, I find the quick response time of smaller aircraft can actually make landings more difficult, and I'm happy you like the post =]

I would be scared of what a AN-225 would be like... *shudders*

I would love to make a Kerbal An-225, but I'm still waiting for the developers to re-model/re-texture the aircraft parts. They honestly haven't changed much since KSP started, even the one cockpit doesn't allow you to look through the window. I'm in no rush for them to work on it, I know it's a space based game, but I don't want to start on something major and then have them re-work the SPH parts and have everything not match right or be uncompatable

Honestly though rather than an An-225, I would like to have a single massive SSTO, and I mean MASSIVE. I'm talking about carrying a payload of 64 tons (Two Orange Fuel Tanks) into orbit, and a larger scale model being an interplanetary SSTO capable of carrying a payload of 100 tons. It would literally be a space station/cruiser that could land and take off on Kerbin yet travel to Jool and back (did I mention all of this would be stock). Unfortunately I don't have any ideas on how I would go about such design, but there was one youtuber and forum user who did make a stock interplanetary SSTO that was capable of carrying a 36 ton payload (one orange fuel tank) to Duna I believe, or Eve

Maybe when I have more time in the summer I will attempt this Massive Interplanetary SSTO, for Science!

That is rather large... Congratulations on this. 647 parts doesn't seem that much for a behemoth like this beauty.

Thanks! and yeah looking at some other peoples crafts, they have smaller aircraft but some with twice as many parts. If I go near 1000 parts though my performance starts to drop =\

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the terribly late reply, but no there's no room left inside, it's entirely all fuel tanks

What you can go is carry quite a bit of cargo under the fuselage, or quite a lot of cargo above the fuselage

Once they update the aircraft parts I plan on making another large aircraft, maybe something like the An-225, or something entirely different from any real life aircraft

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.