[WIP - 0.25] Squad HD Re-texture Project - Continuous Release (July 25)

blackheart612

My friend all engines are awesome...only one suggest about Nuclear engine,please don't replace the Nuclear symbol with the "N" letter,i believe is more nice with the symbol!

When the release? :)

Yeah, the symbol isn't just there for decoration, it's an official warning sign.

There are four liquid fuel engines left, I'll launch an alpha by then. Maybe a week more or less if I am fast.

wow O.O take your time then if you think your that close to getting an alpha out.

don't want to have textures with full TLC and some without

Found the guy who likes mattes! I like mattes too. That brings out the bumps though. I'll see what I can do with that.

I love mattes too. That's probably why I avoid most of AIES' parts outside of the comms and utilities folders. Glossy or shiny parts look out of place on modern rockets. ( I'd probably make exception the the Singularity Research dev three though)

A few pages back, I have been working on tanks for fun.

Here's the mini engine:

6VyOb0P.png

RncjZIe.png

I guess that's 3 engines left. Then I have to convert them to mbm. So you could overwrite squad parts cause that's what I am planning atm :3

Edit: Derp, I frgot, I also should rework the topside of Skipper XD

Edited by blackheart612

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents: This is looking really good! I'll definitely be downloading this as soon as it's available. :) I absolutely cannot stand the look of Squad's engines, so this will allow me to actually start using them now, lol!

Keep up the great work! :D

I guess that's 3 engines left. Then I have to convert them to mbm. So you could overwrite squad parts cause that's what I am planning atm :3

Edit: Derp, I frgot, I also should rework the topside of Skipper XD

Could you somehow link this in with Universe or Texture Replacer (I don't know who uses what anymore), so the stock textures simply don't load and are instead harmlessly swapped out? Overwriting things makes uninstalling the mod a little harder, if the user wishes to do so :\

Also (sorry if you've covered this, i'm on a slow internet connection and cant afford to flick though dozens of image heavy forum pages) - what are the texture map sizes for all these parts? You've done amazing work here, but if that mini engine above is the 48-7S , those textures are incredibly dense for such a small part. Are they easily resized? :)

Resized to 1024*1024. Well, as I have been informed, TR or UR dont replace GameData textures so best hopes on Texture Management on tha one. That's the plan for the loading part. :D

Ill try with the Apollo pod.

BTW, as for the alpha, it will be an overwrite install. I'll work with the texture management on future release :)

Edited by blackheart612

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.