Airliner MKII (Armed w/ bomb) (C7 Aviation + aerospace)

OK , so I recently got back into KSP and into C7 for the first time. I have no idea where to post this as this thread has two meanings , one to show off my craft and the other to ask newbie questions. I have made a heavy plane and so far the basic design is very nice and sortof basic , and so after seeing some people do it , I tried to attach a bomb to the underside of it. I fiddled about with the payload and how to attach it , and found that having a jet fuel tank with nose nozzels and two premade wing jets (the ones you find in the parts menu , not made by me) work well , with the engines starting up in the previous stage and then dropping it meant that I could drop it easily and have it glide to the destination.

My problem is , that it has become bottom heavy (As in underside heavy) , and when this is a space plane it ends up leaning against the take off pad tower , even if I throttle up and take off right when it loads. Like I said , this thread has two meanings , one to help me and the other to check out my craft.

1. How would I alter the center of gravity without making the plane or the payloads attributes much?

2. How would I go about making a jet engine out of seperate pieces? I have tried but the vagueness of the descriptions and the lack of C7 guides doesn\'t help.

3. What is the C7 Hardpoints pack that people have been talking about? I have looked for it but found nothing , has it been amalgamated into another C7 pack?

4. What do you think of my craft?

Thanks , and sorry if this is in the wrong section , it seemed the right place to put it at first.

EDIT: Screenies up

As I\'m not at a computer that can handle KSP right now, I\'ll do my best to answer your questions. Suggestion: post screenshots so people aren\'t downloading blindly.

1. Without testing it, it\'s hard to say.

2. Check out White Owl\'s tutorials.

3. It\'s on the page for C7\'s Aviation pack (the one that\'s titled 'C-7 Flight Pack v2.16').

4. See 1.

As I\'m not at a computer that can handle KSP right now, I\'ll do my best to answer your questions. Suggestion: post screenshots so people aren\'t downloading blindly.

1. Without testing it, it\'s hard to say.

2. Check out White Owl\'s tutorials.

3. It\'s on the page for C7\'s Aviation pack (the one that\'s titled 'C-7 Flight Pack v2.16').

4. See 1.

Thanks , but I have looked at his tutorials and I havn\'t figured out how to build a jet engine , as it seems he is using just the C7 pack , not with the experiemental addon. Could anyone else help? I know I have to attach it with a pylon , and that the naccelle is the main body part of the engine (?) although apart from that I have no idea how to make one , or what the little black intake bits are for as they seem interchangeable.

I misunderstood your second question - I read it as building a jet aircraft for some reason. The tutorials came before C7 started releasing the experimental parts, so they weren\'t included.

If you want to have an underslung engine (like you see on commercial airliners), you\'d have to put a pylon on a wing, attach a nacelle, put a liquid fuel engine on the back of the nacelle, and attach a fuel line from the fuselage to the nacelle. The intakes are purely aesthetic, and they have minimal impact on the performance of your craft.

I still say RCS underneath 5000 ft for control is cheating UNLESS its for V/STOL. So is ASAS on small aircraft.

I think using asas under 5000m with small aircraft is perfectly fair, but only if its because you are using a keyboard and are going in one direction, at a single elevation for a relatively lengthy time (a few mins)

I\'ve updated it to have RCS thrusters , I took out the bomb and put in a UAV because the bomb didn\'t glide at all , the best it could\'ve done is spin about in a circle , and I\'v added ballasts because the wheels weren\'t doing much for it , as if they touched anything they would blow up

You need ballast parts and UAV parts to use the craft

Guest Flixxbeatz

I still say RCS underneath 5000 ft for control is cheating UNLESS its for V/STOL. So is ASAS on small aircraft.

Yes, yes, we know you\'re an expert pilot unlike most of us here. Why not partake in this challenge? I can\'t see you around there. Remember that it all started in a thread you\'ve made before. ;)

I just wanna point out something. Peace out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.