[1.0.x] Procedural Parts Textures | Procedural KW - June 8

blackheart612

About green skulls note with active texture management, is that default in the current version, or do I need to merge that with the most recent version to work? Awesome and easy mod to add new textures btw. I've been doing that for the last 2 days ;).

Here's a picture of "alpha" testing of the colors. Since then I added detailing and matched the coloring of fairings to tank textures. Grey, "acid", Black, and Orange.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

About green skulls note with active texture management, is that default in the current version, or do I need to merge that with the most recent version to work? Awesome and easy mod to add new textures btw. I've been doing that for the last 2 days ;).

Here's a picture of "alpha" testing of the colors. Since then I added detailing and matched the coloring of fairings to tank textures. Grey, "acid", Black, and Orange.

You need to merge with the most recent version because it is a separate piece of work and those textures are cool :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey blackheart,

Any chance that you'll be reviving the Whitenozzle pack?

Or maybe more textures for procedural parts?

Not sure but they are just textures, do they still work? Did you try using it for .25?

Sorry if I am not updating this mod much, I'll probably do when I get the time but I myself can't do it. If anybody happens to have a fix, the mod is open for an update.

If anyone's interested, I've put together a config for the fairing bases (Intended for realism overhaul, should be compatible with stock balance)

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/master/RealismOverhaul/RO_blackheart-PP-PF.cfg

Just copy that file into your GameData folder somewhere, and make sure you have Module Manager installed.

• 1 month later...

I seem to be getting crashes when loading ships with blackhearts procedural fairings. The game freezes while the VAB is being zoomed out on first view.

i can't really say what the problem is yet but when I manually delete the fairings from the craft file the ship loads again.

• 2 months later...

It seems to me like you made the design yourself, you are not required to have my approval. It also seems like you used the KOSMOS fairing texture of the inside of the fairing though (I asked for permission to use it), but if you would like to launch it, I don't think I have any complaints. You can also post a release here if you want. Pretty sure a lot of people would like it, I'm not quite sure if it gets the attention it deserves here, though. It looks nice by the way :D

Ah, I thought you made the inside texture yourself. I'll contact the original makers about it. And of course the whole shebang needs to be polished up.

Thanks for the kind feedback! :D

No problem,you can ask me if you need help with something. Only the KW fairings were "remade" by me, the KOSMOS fairings however was not changed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Blackheart, I really loved your new fairing textures for the PF mod, thank you so much for your work! I wonder if you could make some textures for the stock fairings, there's a strong demand for those.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.