[1.0.x] Procedural Parts Textures | Procedural KW - June 8

blackheart612

1.0.x Tested Textures:

After some time off, here's what I have updated:

Removed some old textures (replaced some with new)

PFairings are not completely updated, only one is included but has new texture

Does not contain the KW Fairing bases

Javascript is disabled. View full album

DROPBOX DOWNLOAD

DISCLAIMER: Might have done something wrong with textures, just post here if you have issues, thank you :D

Known issues:

Chaka Station Black Texture is derpy, it isn't stretched out at the moment

KOSMOS Station texture and the top texture aren't aligned, not a major problem but I am bothered.

OLD FILES: 0.23.5:

StretchySRB Textures

Features some essential textures in StretchySRBs that I thought were missing.

Includes KOSMOS, Station Textures, Shuttle System Textures and more!

Actually, let me list it.

-Stock KSP station texture

-Chaka Monkey (in addon dev) station texture

-Chinese Tank Decals

-KOSMOS station textures

-Shuttle Engine mod textures

-Castor SRB texture

-Shuttle SRB textures

Go get your download here:

DOWNLOAD

To those who like white SRB nozzles to make it look like Castor/Shuttle SRB get the link here:

DOWNLOAD

Installation:

Make sure you have Procedural Parts

Copy blackheart folder to GameData folder.

Compatibility with Active Texture Management by Green Skull:

Go to Post

Read his note!

KW Procedural Fairings

First of all, these models are not mine but are from KW Rocketry, all credits goes to Kickasskyle and Winston.

These are just some stuff I did to put KW stuff to Procedural Fairings.

It features 0.625 to 3.75 fairing bases and 4 node/2 node interstage base.

Here, look at the picture to see the KW parts.

cXlazf6.png

Get it here

DOWNLOAD

Procedural Fairings Textures

Here are some fairings to change the everyday lifestyle of people. This includes KW style fairings which comes in two shapes:

The Cone-Egg hybrid and Titan Fairing. It also includes Long March Fairing and Atlas Fairings (which pretty much uses KW interior).

Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul Pack

This is the solo pack of the KSLO procedural fairing and base. This is the testbed of FStextureswitcher on Pfairings and with the newest Firespitter in development

Installation:

Make sure you have Procedural Fairings

Copy GameData to KSP root folder.

If you install these, you may end up looking a little bit like this:

wFESwhr.png

*FASA for Launch Tower

*Fairings are Custom made Designs

*CoolRockets for Cryo effects

LICENSE

StretchySRB Textures are shared under Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 license

Kosmos textures are made by CBBP

Shuttle Engine mod textures are made by dtobi

Rest are made by me.

KW parts and textures by Kickasskyle and Winston.

Procedural Fairings are made by e-dog.

ENJOY :)

Edited by blackheart612
1.0.x Textures

Nice you got your own thread started :D by the way are the shuttle srb textures supposed to be sperated? I mean I only get either a complete texture of the black and yellow stripes or the segments reading loaded....Not both like on the picture. As you can't yet make several segments for StretchySRBs I thought you made them in one texture.. will post apic later how it looks for me...

Yeah, I still made them separate despite the lack of Solid Fuel Segmenting. Want me to make them a whole instead? I promise it will be a bad texture to use :) (Because there will only be ONE specific height it can look coolest. The rest will be very compressed and flat.) Hehe

Edited by blackheart612

Hi Blackheart, I dont understand what Kw procedural fairings does?

What I imagine is: you get different textures for farings, you got only 2 farings by side instead 4 and you can still make any faring size with the procedural plugin.

Is like that? Or how it works?

You need KW rockety installed?

Nope, you don't need KW installed, but you can have it installed and have procedural interstages/fairings that look exactly like KW Rocketry. (Because they have non-procedural Fairings and the stock PFairings don't mix all that well with KWR)

The 2 fairings instead of four are just previews. They still work the same as PFairing's but with the same design as KWR

Yeah, I still made them separate despite the lack of Solid Fuel Segmenting. Want me to make them a whole instead? I promise it will be a bad texture to use :) (Because there will only be ONE specific height it can look coolest. The rest will be very compressed and flat.) Hehe

Yeah at least as a placeholder until segments are available? Because the problem if you construct it like you made it. Only the lower part would contain solid fuel usable for the nozzle :/

Well, what do you want me to do with the textures of the Shuttle SRBs specifically? :P

Could you maybe try to integrate them ? I know this will look ****ty but that would be nice although no one else beside me would sue them maybe...Anyway first work on the stuff you want but it still would be nice if it would be possible to have it as one texture ....

Anyway keep up the great work. Aesthetics was always important for more and with all your fantastic new skins playing with StretchyTanks and ProceduralFairings stills my hunger for aesthatically good-looking rockets :)

Nope, you don't need KW installed, but you can have it installed and have procedural interstages/fairings that look exactly like KW Rocketry. (Because they have non-procedural Fairings and the stock PFairings don't mix all that well with KWR)

The 2 fairings instead of four are just previews. They still work the same as PFairing's but with the same design as KWR

Ok, i will test it..

May I do a question, I know this is not the place, but.. what is for the ring base that is lv up? you know, pfarings has 2 base rings, I always use the flat (I delete the other) but i never understand what is for...

Have you considered editing the shape of the fairing sides? I'd love to have Titan or Atlas fairing shapes. And in general something between egg and conic.

Involves modelling? *cries*

But I think KOSMOS has a little bit Atlas-like Fairing. But I really like Titan's too. I'll try to figure something out (I can't promise)

Ok, i will test it..

May I do a question, I know this is not the place, but.. what is for the ring base that is lv up? you know, pfarings has 2 base rings, I always use the flat (I delete the other) but i never understand what is for...

It's called Payload Attach Fitting I think. look it up, it's (I assume) widely used. Like Centaur Upper Stage and Delta IV.

Because KW has no models for a plain fairing base ring, there is nothing like that added.

Maybe it's there to look cool and to make the payload not be too close to the Upper Stage? I dunno :P

No modeling, just editing the shape line in the fairing module (note the difference in the shape lines in the conic and egg cfgs).

The ring *without* those crossbars is used to bear the load of the upper stage so it's not on the engine bell (the bell fits inside the ring). But the offset is necessary anyway since tanks are pressure vessels and thus have dome-shaped tops; often the fairing base starts where the side of the tank ends, but the dome rises above that, so the payload has to be offset higher.

Hello, I'm having some issues... where the hell are the fairings at? I only see the normal ProcFairings and KW ones. Shouldn't there be more fairings (the KW fairings you mentioned)? Because I can't/don't know how to paint the normal ProcFairings, if there is even a way to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.