[1.0.x] Procedural Parts Textures | Procedural KW - June 8

blackheart612

well, FASA adds a place-able flag to your ship, you can try that. but it is possible with out that, by texturing a fairing and putting it in the other side and putting another default texture fairing on the other side

For example, the craft on the OP has asymmetric fairing design:

7MmaRh6.png

I'm really not into ETA's but maybe not before the end of the month because... you know, I'm doing other stuff such as RL and Squad Re-tex

I'll try adding the expanded fairings immediately to test it

Edit, there's a problem on fairing base and just realized on my mind that why use an expanded base when the fairing itself is expandable?

Edited by blackheart612

Like... this?

LJSJZ0o.png

You know, I'm a little busy thinking of the procfairings.

I got a couple of textures, got a couple of shapes, but textures+shapes+new textures on new shapes = super crowded aerodynamics tab. I'm trying to learn firespitter texture changer for this. (Cause I am a noob at that, let me just seek help for a moment or later)

Can't you just clone the CFG or something from one of the StretchySRB/StretchyTank's cfg file and put it as the fairings cfg (I mean the module of the CFG, excuse me for my non-expertise on anything at all and dumbness if it's not possible)?

Afaik, that's a feature coming on PFairings, I'm not that good at cfg editing either but I don't see a texture changer module except firespitter. If I want it to be like stretchySRBs, I need to learn Firespitter texture changer. Which will come. Trust me, I don't know it yet but I will try my best to integrate it. I don't want to crowd your guys' Tabs (that's why I didn't release it yet)

But if Nathan creates a module that uses model changer (like cones) and texture changer (or tells me if there is already), then I'd use it. I'd go around asking when I got time.

I am having trouble making this work. I simply drop the blackheart folder into game data, but no new fairing or tank textures are showing up....

Yes. I am experiencing the same. I'm not trying to rush you blackheart. I love the work your doing here. Do what you gotta do. I just wanna know one thing... The download you posted in the OP.. what's in it? And how do we get these textures to show up? Because as is all I have is the "stock" stretchy textures when cycling through them with the T key. Nothing more.

I was able to get rthe textures and bases to work, but not the SRB nozzle. It's still the stock stretchy SRB. Is it a part? Im not trying to segment srbs like you did in the picture. ( are they just all fuel tanks with the last one being solid for the look? ) but I would like that nozzle.

Edited by Motokid600

I see when you rename the files them your normal maps and such disappear from them. Use the Model{} things "texture" component to get that working again. refer to how Kosmos has different names for files to achieve this.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind.

Edit: Wait, you meant on the Stretchy textures or KW PFairing?

Opps forget your license? Looks like download got removed

Link removed because I overlooked some licensing with the Kosmos team. Apologies to everyone, it was my fault. We settled the issue and I am allowed to use them now. I'm grateful to CBBP right there.

Edited by blackheart612

I was able to get rthe textures and bases to work, but not the SRB nozzle. It's still the stock stretchy SRB. Is it a part? Im not trying to segment srbs like you did in the picture. ( are they just all fuel tanks with the last one being solid for the look? ) but I would like that nozzle.

Yep, they are all piled up Structural fuselages with an SRB down there. I'm planning to add the whole texture whenever I find time.

To install the white nozzle, you just need to copy the GameData itself on the root folder (I accidentally packaged the StretchySRB dll there, Imma fix that real soon)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.