my shuttles are unfly able (space shuttle parts)

chrisb62

so i tried out the space shuttle parts mod. i have b9 aerospace and whatever other mods were required.

i load up the stock atlantis shuttles. they launch and orbit just fine. when i try to reenter they just spin out of control. they are completely uncontrollable. what am i doing wrong?

edit: i meant "space shuttle engines" mod.

Edited by chrisb62

maybe your reentry is to hard.

try it from a 200km orbit with a 15km PE ;)

do you use FAR and/or Deadly reentry?

btw i work on some space shuttle tutorials (check my signature), but i've just released the first part yet (Build a Space Shuttle Propulsion Module), maybe you're interested.

i have FAR and deadly reentry. not sure how to use FAR yet. i thought maybe my reentry was to hard. but i did a test and went through all my stages under 10km and wasnt going fast at all and couldnt control it either.

Ah, ok. I think the example crafts are not designed for FAR. It changes the aerodynamic physics a lot. Try it without FAR, then you know if it's the problem.

And i remember something like dtobi (author of the SSE Pack) said the example crafts are a litle bit outdated and need rework. But simply ask him, he knows the best about his crafts ;)

Try it without FAR, then you know if it's the problem.

If something works without FAR that doesn't work with FAR, FAR isn't the problem. The fact the craft ever worked was the problem.

On a more helpful note, open the static analysis window on FAR in the SPH and sweep mach 0-6 at 20 degrees or so. If the yellow line goes under 0, the plane will probably flip in that speed regime.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.