2 members have voted

1. 1. When did you join?

• 0.7.3 - 0.10
    • 0.10 - 0.15
    • 0.15 - 0.17
    • 0.17 - 0.20
    • 0.20 - 0.23

It was either late 0.17 or early 0.18.

The first full version I played was 0.18, then later I bought it right before 0.21 (exactly what it looks like. Sorry). However the demo I played was 0.13, not 0.18 so I think I might have started during the final days of 0.17.

My first experience with KSP was the .13 demo, which included a mun landing+return with no landing legs, as well as dropping a rocket into the sun(which at the time lacked a surface), to be subsequently ripped apart by tidal forces, and flung into the abyss at insane velocities.

I joined in 0.16 after playin 0.13.3 demo for some time. Man, it'll be two years soon...

It's interesting to see there aren't that many people hanging around from the humble beginnings of KSP. In my times we didn't even have docking, not to mention other planets! :grumpy old man:

When I heard about it in Rock, Paper, Shotgun. I got the first version with symmetry.

It's interesting that it seems to peak between .17 and .20.

The comparatively small number of people from the beginning probably stems from the fact that the game was not very well-known at the time (assuming we have a representative sample).

Edited by eggrobin

Been playing KSP since 0.7.3 (but joined forum on some later date), well... "playing" as launch rocket few times - see how high it can fly - quit game - come back next version, there wasn't really much to do in KSP back in these days - true fun with KSP started when they added planets in 0.17 and most importantly docking and maneuver nodes in 0.18 (two best updates KSP ever received).

Edited by jcraft

Started in .11. Lurked on the forums right up to the start of paid updates.

I remember landing on the moon for the first time in .12, the fun of rockets that didn't work. Those were the days when the devs were really active on the forums, and they still talked to us, and discussed things.

Edited by TheRequimen
Nostalgia.

I'm a KSP vet. I've been around since .17, oh, those where good times. I remember how I would try to get to get to other planets using rockets that wouldn't even make it off the pad :P I didn't really get that good until .18, when i first got to a planet (Jool) and built a space station.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.