http://kerbalspaceport.com/ is a mess...

LawnDartLeo

I don't know if this forum is even the correct place to post a rant about http://kerbalspaceprogram.com issues. For what ever reason, be it incompetence or something more sinister, we get deluged by PAGES AND [KITTENS] PAGES of the same add on. In recent history....

Infinite Industries... -fixed, one post

Fox150... -fixed, one post

Ryan... -fixed one post

Are people just mashing buttons? Is there some flaw in the submission process?

Space Port is just becoming a dumping ground.

Edited by stupid_chris
fixed it

No it is not the right place to poist about this. Now it is in the right place.

Now, the issues with spaceport is within the software. It's not something Squad is wqishing to spend time on fixing, and for understandable reasons. As you said, Spaceport is a total mess. The people who made it pretty much wrote it all wrong, and it's built over WordPress, which is about the worst choice in that case. That said, fixing the spaceport is something that would take more resources than creating a new one. It's beyond the point oif non return. This is why N3X15 was working on SP2. However he was fired in early December and no one really knows what's going on now.

For the uploads, this is indeed a problematic thing. It's not necessarily people smashing buttons. The upload function is broken and often results in multiple pages of uploads. I usually get around to clean it all at least once a week. I'll get to it when I have some time.

Now I'd ask you to chill down, watch your language, and patiently wait for a resolution to the situation. If you can't deal with the spaceport, don't use it.

EDIT: There, all fixed. Have fun borwsing your handy dandy spaceport.

Edited by stupid_chris

Hello Chris and thank you for the house cleaning.

It's not that it is a matter of "dealing with it", it is a matter of how the page reflects upon Kerbal Space Program and Squad. I completely understand the need to dedicate scarce resources to activities that pay back better dividends but it is also a matter of keeping up a professional looking front for those potential customers who may be considering KSP and visiting the spaceport to see what they can all add to it.

I love KSP and want it to succeed and flourish. Looking the part will help in that matter. A periodic clean up by an individual such as yourself does a lot to make the best of the non ideal situation that you have described.

I herd that Giggleplex777 got banned for posting rumors about Squad staffing decisions..

:P

Don't just post everything you here, rumors are rumors and Squad will not discuss private material such as staffing decisions.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
it is a matter of how the page reflects upon Kerbal Space Program and Squad

Agreed, it gives a bad impression, especially if it's linked both in the game and on the site as the official mod site. The only thing I use it for is the download, when a thread on here links me directly to it.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.